Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 802 803 [804] 805 806 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282935 times)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #12045 on: May 27, 2021, 03:00:04 am »

Made a portrait again, this time a lil' different tho.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I didn't reply to this not because i didn't like it, on the contrary, i think it's awesome, but because i was working on a little project inspired by this. However, that went up in a puff of magic smoke...
Anyway. i think it's really cool, and it's clearly the advanced form of the technique from the picture before. Heck, one could see the beginnings of the technique from the drawings in ToDW, especially the more recent ones... Not much else to say; Well done, keep it up :D

Anyway, two images today. Both are click to enlarge because they're massive images.
First is a showcase of the new, entirely procedural sky texture i'm calling "Neoskies", that i created for the big image i'm working on, but it'll probably end up being my go-to daytime skybox.

Normally, i wouldn't show off stuff like this, but i'm rather proud of this one. This is my third attempt over the years at producing a good procedural sky texture. The problem is always the clouds, the ones in this version came about as an accidental discovery made during my little hijack of ToDW. If you want this as a wallpaper, PM me for it in any resolution.

While my other project went up in proverbial flames, this is one is a picture i've wanted to do for a long time.

Featuring the forums' favourite(hopefully) viper/stoat girl, sat atop her spirit greatwolf Nope, totally normal-sized spirit wolf, 'Typhoon'. This should give an idea how small she really is.
This picture came about as a realization i had sometime after first making Nami, that being how many parallels she has to a certain character from a certain game.
If the hint of being an impish character sat atop a wolf doesn't give it away... Don't worry, not everyone is an epic gamer; just enjoy the pic.
As for Typhoon himself, his design takes inspiration from certain wolves in a certain RuneScape minigame.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12046 on: May 28, 2021, 06:00:22 am »

Really like the effects on these pictures, great work!

I've turned Bok van Blerk into a kltekk tattoo.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #12047 on: May 28, 2021, 11:26:37 am »

Two little commissions for a friend. Decided not to charge for the first one as I'm not used to draw architecture

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12048 on: May 30, 2021, 04:16:10 pm »

First drawing I put here, wanted to work on it more but saved the image wrong.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12049 on: May 31, 2021, 08:42:30 am »

I like the simplicity and distinctness of your drawing. But what does it represent from a symbolic point of view?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12050 on: May 31, 2021, 10:33:54 am »

I like the simplicity and distinctness of your drawing. But what does it represent from a symbolic point of view?
Thanks. although a lot of the simplicity comes from me just starting with art and the program

There isn't a specific symbolism or anything, just very high interest in the Call of Cthulhu rpg and cosmic horror.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

SigurnFonShnaps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12051 on: May 31, 2021, 04:41:36 pm »

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #12052 on: June 01, 2021, 09:37:52 pm »

Pretty happy about this one

Also my daughteru
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 05:09:32 am by Cathar »

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #12053 on: June 03, 2021, 03:24:19 am »

Here's some visuals I made, but can't put anywhere. I felt it was a cool idea, so it would be a waste to not put them somewhere.

This is video that's misused to store sound, exploded into long image strips. This is the original song.

For those wishing to recover the 1.6 seconds of audio from these images, each frame was originally 32x32 @ 31.25 FPS, 24-bit RGB, and the sound is compressed to all hell. Absurdly loud, in other words.

And the first 20 seconds of the song in GIF form:

(I should probably upload this sound-as-video, synced with the original audio, come to think of it.)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12054 on: June 03, 2021, 03:39:40 am »

(I should probably upload this sound-as-video, synced with the original audio, come to think of it.)

I think you've reinvented the music visualizer.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #12055 on: June 03, 2021, 03:47:23 am »

I think you've reinvented the music visualizer.

But it's my music visualizer, so it has to be way better than those other ones! The fact that a full-screen version might cause seizures is just a bonus.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12056 on: June 03, 2021, 03:52:28 am »

Well hey, there's certainly value is making something yourself which already exists. Perhaps you'll stumble on a new way of doing something!
Don't give people seizures though. That would be bad.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12057 on: June 04, 2021, 05:04:54 pm »

I made a bandage and splint out of a paw-patrol bandaid, a manga-doodle stylus, and some duct tape.

It's working really well
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12058 on: June 05, 2021, 12:52:31 am »

What did you need the splint for?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12059 on: June 05, 2021, 10:44:00 am »

I lacerated me pinky finger lol. A glass broke that I was holding.

I took it off today, feels healed enough.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 802 803 [804] 805 806 ... 845