Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 963163 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #2235 on: December 10, 2015, 06:22:29 pm »

Heresy is canon.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: December 10, 2015, 06:27:11 pm »

... y'know, maybe it's just future-tech fabrics, but something about cogboys wearing white commonly just doesn't sit right with me. They wouldn't wearing white for very long, even if they started off doing so. Incense and oil stains everywhere, just as a baseline.

Though really, that could be it. Even the ones in red actually put on white clothes, they just... don't stay white.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2237 on: December 10, 2015, 06:33:49 pm »

Though really, that could be it. Even the ones in red actually put on white clothes, they just... don't stay white.
What do they do, bathe in blood while starting engines?
Wait, that's actually something they would do...
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: December 10, 2015, 06:38:16 pm »

What do they do, bathe in blood while starting engines?
Wait, that's actually something they would do...
It all comes together.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: December 10, 2015, 07:03:57 pm »

I'd wager more realistically that it's just that the common oils and whatnot they use stain red (there's definitely some that do that now, nevermind whatever odd lostech oils they're producing out of inertia), but blood would probably work, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: December 11, 2015, 06:30:38 am »

What does the Mechanicus think of Living Saints?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: December 11, 2015, 10:27:04 am »

I don't think I've ever heard them express any position about them.

But their existence doesn't invalidate the beliefs of the Machine Cult, if that's what you're asking. The Emperor/Omnissiah are two halves of the whole, his "human" and machine aspects. The fact Living Saints are a thing would be validation for their beliefs just like the fact a toaster works as expected.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: December 11, 2015, 01:48:58 pm »

I don't think I've ever heard them express any position about them.

But their existence doesn't invalidate the beliefs of the Machine Cult, if that's what you're asking. The Emperor/Omnissiah are two halves of the whole, his "human" and machine aspects. The fact Living Saints are a thing would be validation for their beliefs just like the fact a toaster works as expected.
Ahh the mysteries of the the most holly toaster. Heavenly crispy bread every time. AND YOU FOOLS STILL DENY THE EMPEROR! Bunch of heretic filth.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2243 on: December 11, 2015, 02:48:32 pm »

Ahh the mysteries of the the most holly toaster. Heavenly crispy bread every time. AND YOU FOOLS STILL DENY THE EMPEROR! Bunch of heretic filth.
You do realize this is exactly what happens? It's not even a bloody joke, they're exactly like this.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: December 11, 2015, 02:54:41 pm »

Imperial cult: Living Saints purge entire Daemon Worlds by themselves, Emperor makes warp travel possible.

Cult Mechanicus: TOAST BREDD VERR GOOD.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: December 11, 2015, 03:00:10 pm »

They live in universe, where
- toaster may turn out to be up to some dark age of technology stc, so it slowly develops antihuman philosophy, modifies his toast frying plates into heat wave emitters, exterminates techpriests, escapes into some junk pile and starts self-replicating into more genocidal toasters and finally starts broadcasting his philosophy to machine spirits of other things, like battleships.
- toaster may contain demon, so its toasts and foul whispers corrupt your body and soul
- toaster may be of techheretical design, so just touching it may lead to mechanicus asassins coming to your breakfast
- toaster may contain xeno heresy, so it can attract ordo xenos to you

And toaster may contain some hidden technological mysteries, as it could be designed with intention for colonists to be able of repurposing toasters into xeno purging device by changing dial and attaching wooden grip and bayonet  to it

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: December 11, 2015, 03:42:14 pm »

They live in universe, where
- toaster may turn out to be up to some dark age of technology stc, so it slowly develops antihuman philosophy, modifies his toast frying plates into heat wave emitters, exterminates techpriests, escapes into some junk pile and starts self-replicating into more genocidal toasters and finally starts broadcasting his philosophy to machine spirits of other things, like battleships.
- toaster may contain demon, so its toasts and foul whispers corrupt your body and soul
- toaster may be of techheretical design, so just touching it may lead to mechanicus asassins coming to your breakfast
- toaster may contain xeno heresy, so it can attract ordo xenos to you

And toaster may contain some hidden technological mysteries, as it could be designed with intention for colonists to be able of repurposing toasters into xeno purging device by changing dial and attaching wooden grip and bayonet  to it
Toastrifle confirmed
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: December 11, 2015, 03:42:22 pm »

That makes absolutely perfect sense. I mean, lasguns were adapted from lostech flashlights after all. The principle is demonstrably sound.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: December 11, 2015, 04:43:42 pm »

Forget that, the Leman Russ MBT is a DAoT tractor that they strapped guns to. Only Baneblades are really tanks, and they were light tanks. Humanity used to be OP as fuck.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: December 11, 2015, 04:56:41 pm »

waitwaitwait LEMAN RUSSES ARE TRACTORS
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 824