Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3759855 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: RETURN OF THE BLORBLE
« Reply #12120 on: March 04, 2014, 07:44:18 pm »

Alright then.

I wonder what happens if you use sould charge on an illborn without a soul star to siphon the charge into.

Pedant.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: "Home" again
« Reply #12121 on: March 04, 2014, 07:46:48 pm »

SLOOOOOOOG!

And it looks like we still have the Essence of Slime! Farm Slog for Essence Pick up the Essence and have the blorbliest reunion ever! Also Cherish get your sweet new staff out of the pack, put the fairy jar and the pence in instead.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12122 on: March 04, 2014, 07:47:03 pm »

Yeah, if you remember, I already solved the whole "illborn" mystery, they really aren't any different from anybody else, they just lack soul charge.
It's not a classification, it's more like a disease, it can be cured. It's a condition.
And "Willborn" is just a slightly different classification of the "Illborn" condition.

Honestly, if we really wanted to, and had the time/energy to do so, we could revert the entire Warrens back to normal.

Actually...
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12123 on: March 04, 2014, 07:48:23 pm »

Alright then.

I wonder what happens if you use sould charge on an illborn without a soul star to siphon the charge into.

Pedant.
Verily. After all, the presence of the Soul Star kinda changes the whole thing.

SLOOOOOOOG!
AARGHH!

Farm Slog for Essence Pick up the Essence and have the blorbliest reunion ever! Also Cherish get your sweet new staff out of the pack, put the fairy jar and the pence in instead.
+1

Yeah, if you remember, I already solved the whole "illborn" mystery, they really aren't any different from anybody else, they just lack soul charge.
It's not a classification, it's more like a disease, it can be cured. It's a condition.
And "Willborn" is just a slightly different classification of the "Illborn" condition.
With a different cause. Really, they're like tumors with different causes*.

*No, not all tumors are cancerous.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12124 on: March 04, 2014, 07:50:06 pm »

Some are explodicious.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12125 on: March 04, 2014, 07:50:16 pm »

Well, yeah.
But what would be the likelihood of us possibly being able to cure the Warrens?
The Derail Thread

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12126 on: March 04, 2014, 07:50:44 pm »

Alright then.

Pedant.
But as soul stars contain the soul charge, without a soul star where would you be channelling the soul charge from?  The soul charge doesn't come from your body but from the soul star itself.  Though I may be misunderstanding what you're saying.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12127 on: March 04, 2014, 07:50:49 pm »

Well, yeah.
Currently? About as high as the probability of Al getting a girlfriend.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12128 on: March 04, 2014, 07:51:47 pm »

Well, yeah.
If Al got a girlfriend, wouldn't that increase the amount of Soul Charge at our disposal?
The Derail Thread

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12129 on: March 04, 2014, 07:52:39 pm »

Honestly, if we really wanted to, and had the time/energy to do so, we could revert the entire Warrens back to normal.

Actually...
YEAH! WE WOULD JUST HAVE TO ENDURE SO MUCH PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL TRAUMA IN ORDER TO DO SO!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They are hollow, devoid of that which is their entire being.

And going by what Ciro said during SOul Duel, Willborn seem to have their very essence/CenterofStar corrupted from becoming Illborn, rather than just getting it seperated from SERAPH'S SOLACE

Well, yeah.
If Al got a girlfriend, wouldn't that increase the amount of Soul Charge at our disposal?
Mili was his potential Love-Interest. She was then promptly bisected.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12130 on: March 04, 2014, 07:55:26 pm »

But as soul stars contain the soul charge, without a soul star where would you be channelling the soul charge from?  The soul charge doesn't come from your body but from the soul star itself.  Though I may be misunderstanding what you're saying.
...the soul star that you're channeling the charge from wouldn't belong to the illborn, natch.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #12131 on: March 04, 2014, 07:57:54 pm »

Hm... Crazy idea. The world/planet has a soul, and we're in it. The large glowing field around the warrens? Its soul star. Thing is, it's going to turn into a willborne soon. I think problem is that the cycles are to prolong its creeping demise, at the end us doing what we can to try and prevent the world from collapsing in on itself from becoming a willborne. But that puts us right back into the cycle.

Like somebody on their deathbed seeing their life flash before their eyes, people have managed to set it into a loop to try and prolong the inevitable. But such a thing is corrupt/wrong/bad, and the angels are trying to stop it, to take the world off of its 'life support' so to speak. Maybe they want to cast the world into willborne darkness, maybe they want to prevent the suffering.

This has been your random overarching theory of the day.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12132 on: March 04, 2014, 08:01:34 pm »

Hm... Crazy idea. The world/planet has a soul, and we're in it. The large glowing field around the warrens? Its soul star. Thing is, it's going to turn into a willborne soon. I think problem is that the cycles are to prolong its creeping demise, at the end us doing what we can to try and prevent the world from collapsing in on itself from becoming a willborne. But that puts us right back into the cycle.

Like somebody on their deathbed seeing their life flash before their eyes, people have managed to set it into a loop to try and prolong the inevitable. But such a thing is corrupt/wrong/bad, and the angels are trying to stop it, to take the world off of its 'life support' so to speak. Maybe they want to cast the world into willborne darkness, maybe they want to prevent the suffering.

This has been your random overarching theory of the day.
*cough*Oversoul*cough*
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12133 on: March 04, 2014, 08:29:20 pm »

I am so happy, you don't even know.

SMASH THE GLASS ALREADY!
No, try opening it without wrecking the machine, first.
If I remember correctly the glass repairs itself after breaking, so it should be fine as long as we don't smash anything else.
Also on top of what I said before:
Ciro - Retrieve soul star from tube
Edit: Oops, I should have checked the new posts before posting.
This all lends credence to the "this is all some sort of simulation" theory.  The SOUL, not the BODY, is what matters.

Wait a minute! If Ciro took Slog's essence off (she replaced it with her soul star) and Slog is alive, that means Slog doesn't his own essence inside himself anymore, right?

This is also interesting.  It appears we need something of the dead person nearby, but what?  Anything?  Can we just wish for the person we want revived to be revived, and the machine does it, assuming it is powered?
His corpse was in there.  Though it is interesting that we were able to revive him without his essence...

Goom-bess breaks open the LSS, freeing Slog. You pick up your Soul Star.

Slog reconnects with the remnants of his soul, re-gaining consciousness (or the Slime equivalent). The Essence of Slime disappears.

We still need to find out what the Catalyst does in its normal form btw. Maybe after the joyful reunion we should have Cherish enter random commands-

I just had a nasty thought of what may have just happened

scan ciro with Polar Eye
Oh shit! +1 +1 +1 +1
Please don't be as bad as I think!

Goom-bess scans you. You get the same result as last time. Why were you expecting anything different?

Spoiler: Active (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Passive (click to show/hide)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12134 on: March 04, 2014, 08:32:55 pm »

I think that this is the ideal moment to watch our soul charge again.

This means: Take our soul star back and do the second shift.

We have to determine the likeness of this happening often or not. Is reviving slog from time to time viable?

Also, we have a new packmule to leave with Al to farm stuff for us.
Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 1544