Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 342

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page  (Read 1566099 times)

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page
« Reply #2700 on: December 17, 2010, 04:23:15 pm »

I realize that we'll probably be able to raise dragons and rocs from eggs in Fortress mode, but will we be able to do so in ADVENTURE MODE? Since there will probably be horse riding, I don't think it's too far off.

Wait, what's the horse for?
Feeding to your new pet dragon.  Try to keep up here.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: December 17, 2010, 04:23:37 pm »

Step 2. Fight modded-in slimes and other creatures to level up your skills and abilities. (Don't know how much % possible)

Yeah, my modded-in slimes are going to spawn in packs numbering in the dozens and cover you in corrosive slime slime. Surviving long enough to boost your skills and abilities might not be possible.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: December 17, 2010, 04:55:16 pm »

I suddenly just realized that, with the addition of dragon LAIRS, we are this much closer to simulating Dragon Warrior/Quest (NES) in DF.

Step 1. King gives quest to kill dragon and bring back princess. (About half possible?)
Step 2. Fight modded-in slimes and other creatures to level up your skills and abilities. (Don't know how much % possible)
Step 3. Find new towns, explore dungeons for equipment (pretty much possible except for elaborate dungeons which will be incredible when implemented)
Step 4. Fight bosses as you go. (megabeasts and night creatures, anyone?)
Step 5. Townsperson: Retrieveth Twenty Bear Asses. Will pay 20 gold. (probably eventually)
Step 6. With new equipment and skills, bash the dragon's head out. Complete your main quest. (Probably done except for the dragon capturing someone)

My face at this prospect is not unlike FSJAL.

Fixed.

Is that some kind of donkey/bear hybrid?
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: December 17, 2010, 05:23:36 pm »

I suddenly just realized that, with the addition of dragon LAIRS, we are this much closer to simulating Dragon Warrior/Quest (NES) in DF.

Step 1. King gives quest to kill dragon and bring back princess. (About half possible?)
Step 3. Find new towns, explore dungeons for equipment (pretty much possible except for elaborate dungeons which will be incredible when implemented)
Step 5. Townsperson: Retrieveth Twenty Bear Asses. Will pay 20 gold. (probably eventually)
Step 6. With new equipment and skills, bash the dragon's head out. Complete your main quest. (Probably done except for the dragon capturing someone)

Fixed.

*facepalm*

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: December 17, 2010, 05:36:35 pm »

Fixed.

No.

Unless that was tongue-in-cheek.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: December 17, 2010, 07:14:12 pm »

Which it probably was.

slMagnvox

• Bay Watcher
  • Attend Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: December 17, 2010, 08:01:29 pm »

I realize that we'll probably be able to raise dragons and rocs from eggs in Fortress mode, but will we be able to do so in ADVENTURE MODE? Since there will probably be horse riding, I don't think it's too far off.

Wait, what's the horse for?

For feeding to the dragon. Should make a check against Animal Trainer.

lol, missed a page, good joke though.

Will any creatures ever adopt an adventurer like cats do in Fort Mode? Also might some juveniles get an [IMPRESSIONABLE] tag or similar? Birds, that are about to hatch from all these crazy new eggs, are particularily good candidates for that I think.

Has anyone ever seen a cat .. dog, or any domestic animal in adventure mode? I can't ever recall seeing one at the moment. There isn't much mention pets on the dev_next /dev page. I'm sure is a topic that has been well explored though?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 08:19:43 pm by slMagnvox »

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #2707 on: December 18, 2010, 12:01:07 am »

I note there are no further macaques up for sponsorship.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: December 18, 2010, 12:11:20 am »

that's a good thing, too.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: December 18, 2010, 05:44:17 am »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: December 18, 2010, 05:48:16 am »

Has anyone ever seen a cat .. dog, or any domestic animal in adventure mode? I can't ever recall seeing one at the moment. There isn't much mention pets on the dev_next /dev page. I'm sure is a topic that has been well explored though?
They used to roam the towns in the 2d version, and if everything goes according to plan, they'll again do so in the next version:

Quote from: Knight Otu
With ThreeToe's mention of pigs and chickens in the devlog and the November report... does that mean that the domestic animals, and any other tamed animals for that matter, will actually appear in adventure mode hamlets/towns again?

Yeah.  We hope for a rather large collection of farm beasts wandering around villages.  And perhaps pigs and chickens in the town yards as well.  Everybody likes to keep pigs and chickens.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: December 18, 2010, 02:16:20 pm »

Given that some of the new creatures and plants going in the game are going to have related economic benefits and produce tradable goods other than meat n' things, will we be able to buy rhino milk from the elves?
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: December 18, 2010, 02:54:51 pm »

Rhino milk for the rhino milk god! Dragon cheese for the dragon cheese throne!

Arkose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: December 18, 2010, 05:41:57 pm »

Dragon cheese for the dragon cheese throne!

What with dragons not being mammals, I'd expect any dragon cheese to have an equally disgusting origin as dwarven milk.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: December 18, 2010, 06:36:20 pm »

Platypuss dragon (Munchkin reference) possibly has milk.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 342