Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1134 1135 [1136] 1137 1138 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2293337 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17025 on: April 30, 2016, 07:39:13 am »

Well, there's a pathway next to the door that leads to an optional boss you can fight. And anotjer pathway that leads to an entirely different area and possible shortcut(s). But other than that you are right. There's nothing in the Garden but a locked door and a ton of optional content.

Also I want to say that those demons do have a weird one-hit-kill move which is identicial to their regular moves. I distinctly remember dying in the same manner that you did, from full health with my greatshield up. Which is weird because its attacks only deal enough damage to two-shot me and I was at full health.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17026 on: April 30, 2016, 09:27:58 am »

Demons are a bunch of assholes. I remember seeing them even later into the game and deciding that walking in the other direction would be more productive.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17027 on: April 30, 2016, 09:31:49 am »

Dark Souls is one of few games that has made me actually say "Nope." out loud. Speaking of...

One of those huge things in the swamp. I decided to nope the fuck out of there. And instead ran into a ton of Basilisks. Killed them, but then the NPC invader murdered me.

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #17028 on: April 30, 2016, 01:08:22 pm »

My laptop has reached a point where it cannot even play Ori and the Blind Forest: DE without horrible framerate.

I can relate to your own plight somewhat (although I've seen that game and it's artwork and graphics are amazing, which could affect your framerate.)

My own laptop overheats when playing games like Deadbolt. Which is IN TWO DIMENSIONS AND FUCKING PIXELATED!

Also, it overheats on the GTA3 engine if I play too long, as well.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #17029 on: April 30, 2016, 04:05:14 pm »

In my experience, the reason that happens is because summer rolls around.  It feels like suddenly your computer gets way worse but actually the added environmental heat is too much for the fans to handle.

Buy a cooling pad or whatever that's called, they're not much and they do help.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17030 on: April 30, 2016, 04:18:32 pm »

Took a mace to the face from this female pirate-succubus thingy... which when it dies its death animation involves a lot of conspicuous breast-bouncing and one of its drop items is Super Monster Milk.

That mace also took off 25% of my health per hit and there was two of them.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17031 on: April 30, 2016, 06:35:59 pm »

just to resolve this laptop discussion, my gaming laptop works fine, it's just getting old and riddled with viruses. Got it in 2011 for Skyrim, it's just not been used a lot in the past few years and has gotten slower because of a few virus episodes around when I first got it.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17032 on: April 30, 2016, 07:40:00 pm »

We have Nyx mid, techies top.  Nyx spends the entire time ganking, we never push, and then despite having twice as many kills as the enemy we slowly and painfully lost in a 65 minute game.

Techies flames me for saying "techies makes for long games" at the end.  Didn't even say anything about the player.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17033 on: April 30, 2016, 07:45:30 pm »

I have a laptop that's not a "gaming" laptop, just a $600 machine. It gets warm but not alarmingly so, unless the vent is blocked or I play for literally six hours.

I suspect that a similarly priced desktop would be more bang for my buck, but I like the laptop form factor. I'm not about to lug a desktop to school just to entertain myself between classes.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17034 on: April 30, 2016, 07:54:40 pm »

Fell off a cliff.
Fell down the New Londo elevator shaft.
Fell off a cliff trying to kill the hollow near Rickert.
Fell into deep water.
Got stuck, fell off a cliff because it was the only direction I could move in
Died to a ghost.
Died to that ghost mob after the first thre ghosts.
Fell off a cliff trying to kill the hollow near Rickert.
Died to the ghost mob even with the Black Knight sword for extra range.
Fell. Off. A. Fucking. Cliff.

Dark Souls. Holy fucking shit.
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17035 on: April 30, 2016, 07:56:06 pm »

Have you tried not falling off cliffs?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17036 on: April 30, 2016, 07:57:57 pm »

I have many mixed feelings about Dark Souls game design.  But one thing I find absolutely glorious is that they littered the game world with instant kill cliffs but did very little to encourage falling off of them... and yet people constantly do.  Its a total blast from the past to old platforming games like the sonic games where 90% of what killed you was bottomless cliffs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17037 on: April 30, 2016, 07:58:55 pm »

Have you tried not falling off cliffs?
I will shove this Broadsword +4 so far down your throat that you'll be able to taste Knight Gauntlet.
Black lives matter.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17038 on: April 30, 2016, 08:36:59 pm »

Fuck you, New Londo. Fuck you and your stupid goddamn ghost ambushes and fuck Firelink Shrine and its fucking staircase and the fucking broken windows that only let you slip down and die. Fuck everything.
Black lives matter.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17039 on: April 30, 2016, 08:42:02 pm »

Spoiler: Ah, the memories (click to show/hide)
EDIT: Oh, whoops, that'll teach me to skim.  New Londo and ghost ambushes, not Anor Londo and...well, that's something to look forward to. ^_^
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 08:53:06 pm by Culise »
Pages: 1 ... 1134 1135 [1136] 1137 1138 ... 1571