Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 897 898 [899] 900 901 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2023269 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13470 on: June 25, 2018, 02:58:42 am »

Once had a spawn of Satan flee across the sea, then return at the head of a mighty fleet of Aztecs. She was of my dynasty, but had unfortunately already been normally married to some prince or somesuch, so I lost out on having my evil-tainted house command the foreign hordes.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13471 on: June 25, 2018, 03:48:12 am »

If you put and keep them in the oubliette it wont.

the kinslayer is for when you kill them, not when they die of 'natural causes' in your water-pit.
...does anyone know if that's how it worked in real life?  Did anything like that ever happen?
The 'dying in your dungeon and you not being a murderer of a familial noble' or 'oubliette being a storage tank of water/being very wet'?

I'm guessing it varied on both accounts. Some dungeon cells were probably very damp, but I dont think that anything but imaginative torturers would put people into a cell that flooded regularly.  And I know that pretenders were often eliminated quite quickly, but I dont know about imprisoning actual sons under false pretenses for the purpose of torturing them so they die.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 03:50:47 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13472 on: June 25, 2018, 07:52:11 am »

Philip II of Spain was blamed for years after his son died while in home inprisonment, even though it was more or less widely known that  the prince was Joffrey Baratheon´s long lost soulmate. So I´m thinking that if you did it delliberatedly by locking your child in an oubliette, you´d get poor PR.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13473 on: June 25, 2018, 08:24:36 am »

The Mad King of Sweden, Erik XIV (who I recently found out I am descended from) got ousted by his slightly less mad brother Johan III after having paranoically murdered a few council members from the high nobility too much. He was then put in house arrest and later died tragically "from natural causes". Rumours persisted that Johan had ordered him poisoned, and when the grave of Erik was opened and his remains examined in the 1950's he was found to have extraordinarily high amounts of arsenic in his body. So yeah, he likely dun got whacked by his brother. Then again maybe the arsenic might have been used as treatment for his insanity for all I know.

Fun fact, the third brother, Karl IX, eventually ousted Johan's son Sigismund and took power for himself.

Fun fact 2, they also had another mad brother, Magnus the Mad Duke, who once jumped into the moat because he thought he saw mermaids in it. He never ousted anyone, but his brothers Johan and Karl had him declared legally incompetent, seized all his holdings and divided them between themselves.

Yeah, Gustav I Vasa did not have the best of seed, apparently.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 08:53:16 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13474 on: June 25, 2018, 08:42:39 am »

The Mad King of Sweden, Erik XIV (who I recently found out I am descended from) got ousted by his slightly less mad brother Johan III after having paranoidically murdered a few council members from the high nobility too much. He was then put in house arrest and later died tragically "from natural course". Rumours persisted that Johan had ordered him poisoned, and when the grave of Erik was opened and his remains examined in the 1950's he was found to have extraordinarily high amounts of arsenic in his body. So yeah, he likely dun got whacked by his brother. Then again maybe the arsenic might have been used as treatment for his insanity for all I know.

Fun fact, the third brother, Karl IX, eventually ousted Johan's son Sigismund and took power for himself.

Fun fact 2, they also had another mad brother, Magnus the Mad Duke, who once jumped into the most because he thought he saw mermaids in it. He never ousted anyone, but his brothers Johan and Karl had him declared legally incompetent, seized all his holdings and divided them between themselves.

Yeah, Gustav I Vasa did not have the best of seed, apparently.
This got me thinking if there will be bloodline with negative effects in the game
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13475 on: June 25, 2018, 09:34:21 am »

better be.

im so done with power creep.  remenber before retinues were balanced and before fuckoff kingdom level wars and before China and plot power
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13476 on: June 25, 2018, 12:48:02 pm »

That's something I've been thinking of myself. Power creep's become much more blatant in the past few DLCs.

Societies can net you some good bonuses and items. Then the vault came in with a metric shitload of artefacts that you could make that can give you ludicrous bonuses. Now they're adding bloodlines that are stacking on top of that.

It's actually becoming difficult to not have a non-imbecile character that's got bad stats.

i said this years ago and everyone laughed at me, but power creep has always been in the DLC. just because nobody liked playing Muslim doesn't mean it wasn't stronger then Christianity in most circumstances.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13477 on: June 25, 2018, 11:50:44 pm »

There's been some general nerfs too... But they're mostly free content stuff. Things like the addition of the vassal limit, the removal of paid assassinations, the decrease to personal demesne size calculations. Arguably things that mostly just make the game less convenient, like shattered retreat and badboy coalitions, fit into this as well.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13478 on: June 26, 2018, 03:29:21 am »

Reapers Due diseases can be pretty nasty, can’t they?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #13479 on: June 26, 2018, 01:45:30 pm »

The first round of the plague has major killing capacity, but after that it isn't so bad that seclusion is impossible.

Here is a quick tale on my end though. I am Venetian Family whose end goal is to form the Italian Empire. 400 years later after starting in the Viking Age and the job still isn't done. The Kingdom of Italy is just as strong as I am and the Byzantine Empire has blobbed royally out of control, fielding levies as large as 80,000 men. Sicily remains under their boot, despite crafty chunking.

So if you can't beat them, join them.

My goal is that as a Vassal to the great unholy blob, I might one day be able to break them apart from the inside by causing a mass country wide Independence revolt.

By God's will, the crafty Venetians will tear the empire apart again!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13480 on: June 26, 2018, 02:33:51 pm »

Do you pay taxes on all your income or just the normal province income?  Cause I feel like in real life the Byzantines would have demanded a whole lot of money in that situation.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #13481 on: June 26, 2018, 03:37:50 pm »

Mostly Province income I think, though I am of course providing them with stern Italian men as well. Why they still abide me is another reason, as my constant countenance on the council is that of a stern, unloving glare. I am so ready to watch Constantinople burn...
BIRDS.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13482 on: June 26, 2018, 04:00:36 pm »

Isn't Sicily kinda left of the boot?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13483 on: June 26, 2018, 04:01:21 pm »

Its kinda touching the tip of the boot.

Its the part that we stepped on, then scrapped off.  Don't get Sicily in between your toes, you'll be annoyed for weeks.
PKs DF Mod!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #13484 on: June 26, 2018, 05:59:22 pm »

Oh. Aye. The Duchy of Sicily is the football, though the rest of the Kingdom is the rest of the 'leg'. It's a nuisance since I need that leg and the upper half all under my control to form Voltron the Empire of Italy. It's so damn silly; I don't think any other Empire is harder to form.
BIRDS.

Pages: 1 ... 897 898 [899] 900 901 ... 1002