Bogshire (Blue guys)
- 5 (6.8%)
Stonemeadow (Orange guys)
- 26 (35.6%)
We gonna stick it out on our own!
- 42 (57.5%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 73

Author Topic: Build a village: A New Hope  (Read 144598 times)

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
Re: Build a village: A New Hope
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2011, 08:17:53 am »

come on, the guys haven eaten in a day, and this isn't the graveyard shift, the sun has just set.
 though it would be careless to not leave a sentry or two, we have no real reason to think the night is any more dangerous that the day. do you propose the guys just stand around doing nothing for 6 turns?

I'm pretty sure I made them eat some berries before they hid them a few updates ago.
Also...

I propose that the guys guard the sleeping chromosomians.  And Evil Lincoln specifically said "Try to survive the night."  What do you think is going to happen?

Those words triggered a sequence of thoughts in my head that caused me to make my avatar.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 08:20:43 am by Evil Lincoln »

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2011, 08:32:27 am »

hide the the Berries in a hole then conceal them.(After distributing several to the villagers for a quick meal)
hum, yes, apparently you did

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2011, 08:50:31 am »

Well in that case I retract my support for the cooking of food.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 20, 2011, 11:09:20 am »

Come on, since when is being undefended and unprepared fun?

Have you never played Minecraft or Dwarf Fortress..? Getting screwed is like, the best part of those games. 
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 20, 2011, 11:29:27 am »

Those words triggered a sequence of thoughts in my head that caused me to make my avatar.

Hmmm.... Needs more Evil. Maybe a monocle or a recently kicked puppy?
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2011, 12:09:55 pm »

I think cooking can wait until morning, so then everyone can have a nice warm meal. It's good for morale.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 20, 2011, 02:17:19 pm »

Agree. also, dont touch those eggs. Maybe we could tame the birds, who know?

organize guards turns. Two Chromosians will sit and watch the neighbouring, while the other 6 sleep. Change enough times during the night so that everyone got a watching turn, as short as possible (always by pair: the watchers also make sure that the other isn't sleeping.)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 20, 2011, 02:47:28 pm »

I remember seeing someone say my trench idea was useless, and that we should go to the ocean instead, and so here is an explanation of the trench, and how it is going to protect us.

New Hope Defense

The New Hope Defense (As I Have named it) involves the digging of a trench from the ocean up to the base of the hills, and then across to the edge of the plains, and back down to the ocean. Once this step is complete we block the edges, and empty the water out of it so we can dig we deepen the trench further, and then fill it with stakes, and spears before removing the dams. This will give us a moat around our town which we can then build a wall behind it all the way around, back to the ocean, and then it will connect to the starting point giving us a wall that completely surrounds the village, and gives us a great defensible position as well as a good spot to make a village since we have ready access to wood, clay, sand, food, and other necessities just outside our wall. As for crossing the trench we simply make either a log drawbridge or a 6-7 stack high of sticks tied together for a bridge.

Now question time:

Do our people require freshwater, or does it appear out of thin air, and do we just ignore it?

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 20, 2011, 03:34:42 pm »

>Create a schedule so everybody gets a full night's sleep, but the sleep is offset so there are always people awake.

Since there are eight of us, have two people sleep dusk to midnight, two people sleet midnight to dawn, to people sleep dawn to noon, and two people sleep noon to dusk.
+1
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 20, 2011, 03:35:53 pm »

>Create a schedule so everybody gets a full night's sleep, but the sleep is offset so there are always people awake.

Since there are eight of us, have two people sleep dusk to midnight, two people sleet midnight to dawn, to people sleep dawn to noon, and two people sleep noon to dusk.
+1
+another 1
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 20, 2011, 03:38:34 pm »

+1
+another 1
Just gonna keep on Adding on +1
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 20, 2011, 03:39:36 pm »

+1
+another 1

plus one

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 20, 2011, 04:27:17 pm »

+1
+another 1

plus one
And another.
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 20, 2011, 04:31:07 pm »

+1
+another 1

plus one
And another.

And another agreement.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 20, 2011, 04:36:11 pm »

+1
+another 1

plus one
And another.

And another agreement.
What the hell: +1
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 73