Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 777

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 854132 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #4725 on: October 25, 2018, 04:21:07 am »

First snow. It's pretty, but not being able to take a bike to school is going to severely slow me down.
Just suck it up and put winter chains on your tires! I swear, every year people wait too long because they can't be bothered...

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: October 25, 2018, 04:42:36 am »

it's october twenty fifth and it is snowing rather hard outside

don't care for that, and i am suddenly very afraid for the kids on halloween- last year it snowed on halloween and some kids in my neighborhood were very sad and it broke my heart
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: October 25, 2018, 09:13:25 am »

it's october twenty fifth and it is snowing rather hard outside

don't care for that, and i am suddenly very afraid for the kids on halloween- last year it snowed on halloween and some kids in my neighborhood were very sad and it broke my heart

A white halloween is looking pretty likely over here. My favourite bar is doing a showing of The Nightmare Before Christmas as a result.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: October 25, 2018, 09:42:41 am »

Just suck it up and put winter chains on your tires! I swear, every year people wait too long because they can't be bothered...
Here in Finland, the preferred option is studded tires rather than winter chains, but you're not legally allowed to use them before November because they wear down the road if there isn't ice. Also, my bike has very narrow tires. Even if they were studded, I wouldn't trust them on a slushy road. I'd need to buy entirely new wheels for it to be viable.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: October 25, 2018, 09:59:59 am »

Bike wheel chains are actually a thing? Huh. I was just making a crack about treating them like cars. Ah well.

Strap skis on it instead, then.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: October 25, 2018, 10:02:42 am »

Go from scooter to snow scooter
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: October 25, 2018, 10:12:42 am »

I got angry and smacked my keyboard hard enough to pop out the V key and the space bar, put a crack in it, and damage the  screw holding in the keyboard tray on my desk. Really good three-for-one fucking myself with my own stupidity there. I managed to put the keys back in, but now they feel weird with the springs damaged, and my desk tray still works, but now it has a little unsteady bounce to it.

When will I learn...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: October 25, 2018, 10:21:54 am »

Once a long time ago I was doing some LAN gaming and got pissed and slammed my fist down on the table next to my tower. I hit it so hard it actually managed to unseat the sound card, and the PC audio never quite worked correctly after that. Amazing what the power of a human fist can do.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: October 25, 2018, 10:23:33 am »

Once a long time ago I was doing some LAN gaming and got pissed and slammed my fist down on the table next to my tower. I hit it so hard it actually managed to unseat the sound card, and the PC audio never quite worked correctly after that. Amazing what the power of a human fist can do.

I recently had to buy a new phone because I threw it at the stairs after becoming very angry.  I've only performed violence against things (or people) out of anger twice, and there's still a dent in the door I smacked, which is the other one.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: October 25, 2018, 02:10:24 pm »

Ahhh drat. This is obviously minor but still niggling at me. I'd been sort of eyeing up a good looking girl in class (sexist? Maybe. Often what happens? Certainly.) Anyway, she sat beside me today and it turns out she's very likeable and had the rare quality of making me feel relaxed.

Darnation.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: October 25, 2018, 03:44:56 pm »

I'd been sort of eyeing up a good looking girl in class (sexist? Maybe. Often what happens? Certainly.)
Ummmmm. I don't think anyone in their right minds would call that sexist, as long as you aren't making the good looking person in question uncomfortable. (Heck, even if you were I doubt "sexist" would be the right word for it.) Womenfolk have been known to closely observe attractive members of their gender of preference, too, y'know.

Of course, I'm no expert. I remember once hypothesising in an emotion thread that a girl who smiled at me perhaps wanted to kill and eat me. For all I know the conclusions of my far-fetched fight-or-flight reflex in that situation may have been more accurate than I realised.
I hope you can manage to at least befriend this classmate of yours, should you wish to do so.

If you are wondering why this post is especially rambly and tangential, I have had about two hours sleep before having to get up and force myself off to catch a bus, since I have things to do in, like... a couple of hours or so. Monster preserve me from the dread anxiety of hangovers.       
* Yoink pounds down another healthy swig of energy-in-a-can.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: October 25, 2018, 04:16:26 pm »

Ahhh drat. This is obviously minor but still niggling at me. I'd been sort of eyeing up a good looking girl in class (sexist? Maybe. Often what happens? Certainly.) Anyway, she sat beside me today and it turns out she's very likeable and had the rare quality of making me feel relaxed.

Darnation.

Once again, woe is you.  How difficult your life must be.  I shall weep and pray for your guidance from this awful place.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: October 25, 2018, 04:21:44 pm »

I have inadvertently insulted and hurt my girlfriend. Again.

I was nerding out about some DnD stuff with someone on Steam, and as such I was typing fairly rapidly. She has a tendency to make comments if I start writing longer sentences, things along the lines of "Oooh, it's furious typing time!" or "Writing a novel?" or just making "Tacka-tacka-tacka!" noises. The charm of this apparently never wore out for her... It never really wore in for me.

So I was perhaps a bit short receiving yet another such comment about my "fight-typing", and I turned to her and said "I don't have any other way of typing", following with "Except for this:" and doing some exaggerated two-finger typewriting.

This clearly hit a sore spot, so she was just silent for a while, scoffed a bit, said "...it was just a joke", turned away, and sniffled. She eventually regained her composure and is now more-or-less back to normal... But yeah.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: October 25, 2018, 04:23:21 pm »

So is the "friend" portion of "Girlfriend" optional?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: October 25, 2018, 06:22:49 pm »

Just set the woman on fire and go to prison already*

*but really don’t.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 777