Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 854195 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #6810 on: January 07, 2020, 05:07:37 pm »

Shh, don't let them hear!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #6811 on: January 09, 2020, 12:06:11 am »

Yes.  My disk based copy of Diablo 2 + LOD + 1.13b patch + manually copied D2xmusic.mpq  totally works in exagear.

Instructions are convoluted--

1) Copy the contents of each of the 4 cdroms into folders in your downloads folder, the copy in the 1.13b updater.
2) start exagear and run explorer on the container
3) run winecfg, and add drive paths to each of those folders, and set type to cdrom
4) Install the full game, enter cd key
5) install the expansion, enter cd key
6) install the update
7) copy d2xmusic.mpq from the expansion disk folder into the diablo 2 folder created in the c drive.
8) cleanup-- remove drive letters, delete stuff in the downloads folder.

I got it to work. Diablo 2 really pushes my phone to its limits, to the point that audio playing in other apps starts to stutter.

Does Exagear use the GPU at all? It just seems that GPU operations in Exagear are handled by the CPU.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 01:18:59 am by methylatedspirit »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: January 09, 2020, 01:34:20 am »

Wanted to play D&D tonight at a game store, it's my last night in town and my last chance to hang out with my best friend before I go away for another long treatment.

Turns out, tonight is the night for uber veterans with multi-year campaigns. Weekends are noob nights. ::)
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: January 09, 2020, 06:54:08 am »

--SNIP--

I got it to work. Diablo 2 really pushes my phone to its limits, to the point that audio playing in other apps starts to stutter.

Does Exagear use the GPU at all? It just seems that GPU operations in Exagear are handled by the CPU.

I think so, but not sure.  You can set the renderer to either direct3d or ddraw with the video setup program (for Diablo II at least.)  Not sure if the wine install for exagear does opengl acceleration or not.

I think you might be interested to know that my test with heretic II did bear fruit; I need to figure out how to get a no-cd patch working, since the game demands the CD in the drive to start the campaign, but the game itself totally loads to the menu. It might interest you since Heretic II is based on the WinQuake engine.

I might do an experiment with the windows version of mesaGL in the thing. See if that gets me an OpenGL implementation.

EDIT

Just tested winquake.  Totally works with the software renderer.  There is something wrong with exagear's opengl implementation or something, every GL app I have tried fails to get a gl renderer started. That includes glquake in the package-- but even with software rendering, it plays quite nice at 800x600 on my S5.   Needs a mouse for sure, unless you intend to use a bluetooth gamepad.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 09:00:25 am by wierd »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6815 on: January 09, 2020, 01:34:03 pm »

I'm curious about the court case and its details to see just what's actually being discussed here. Because sex in a biological sense definitely is a thing, and it shouldn't be considered transphobic to acknowledge such... You can be born a woman and still be male-sexed, that's just the kooky way that things work.

I feel like, as with any sex/gender kerfuffle, there are probably a lot of people talking directly past one another.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6816 on: January 09, 2020, 06:08:54 pm »

til I learned the acronym terf.

Today I am a little more saddened about humanity and people's insistence that because they are right, everyone else must be wrong.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6817 on: January 10, 2020, 08:37:14 am »

I'm curious about the court case and its details to see just what's actually being discussed here. Because sex in a biological sense definitely is a thing, and it shouldn't be considered transphobic to acknowledge such... You can be born a woman and still be male-sexed, that's just the kooky way that things work.

I feel like, as with any sex/gender kerfuffle, there are probably a lot of people talking directly past one another.

Reading some of the comments, it sounds like the conversation started with a discussion of a law allowing companies to take benefits away or fire people if they're trans. I can kind of guess where the disagreement was there.

til I learned the acronym terf.

Today I am a little more saddened about humanity and people's insistence that because they are right, everyone else must be wrong.

Yeah. The people who are offended by it are probably upset by the "feminist" part of the acronym.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6818 on: January 11, 2020, 04:14:48 am »

Damnation poppycock flip damn damn damn

Urrrgh.

Why am I me, eh?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: January 11, 2020, 04:18:01 am »

"I don't want to be this kind of animal any more"?
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6820 on: January 11, 2020, 04:27:28 am »

My previous post was made without perusing those which came before. It fits a bit too well, hah.

I've done a social stupid.
Repeatedly.
Over a period of weeks.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6821 on: January 11, 2020, 04:31:30 am »

I would like to know more.
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6822 on: January 11, 2020, 11:26:55 am »

Hello, scriver. My name is More. I hear you wish to make my acquaintence?

There's not much more to say. A series of mistakes and stupidities on my part which resulted in me torpedo-ing an all-but-certain relationship until the gal in question took up a different fella.

The thing is that we got on really, really well - but she's into getting drunk and I'm not. This led to me dithering and self doubting until "certain to respond yes if asked" has, within the past day or so, become "unlikely".

The worst bit is that I'm still not sure if this is good. There were some deep differences in character as well as deep similarities.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6823 on: January 11, 2020, 03:24:43 pm »

There is a point when you have to stop considering and analyzing and just get on with it, man.

Differences don’t necessarily lead to conflict, assuming both parties are good at communicating.

You can try to salvage things, assuming you haven’t messed things up that bad, or you can move on and find someone better (or worse!) and do whatever historians do with people in the present.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6824 on: January 11, 2020, 05:52:47 pm »

I had come to that conclusion.

I over-analysed the hell out of everything. Most people would simply do and work it out. It's why loads of people have bad relationships. It's also why people have relationships.

Edit: on the plus side, I've learned a lot from it. I also no longer think I'm unattractive. There've been four girls at work already who've definitely been after me. Who knew, eh?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 08:22:35 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 778