Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2818 2819 [2820] 2821 2822 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3531251 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

It was text chat. All of it.

Regardless, I play with voice off most of the time, no kick votes have been made :P

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

There's a reason why I don't play on public servers...
Because people get creeped out by my flirting
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

I should download TF2 someday.
Then I can play it with people on here and act like an even bigger idiot than I already am.
Woo!
Take a closer look at this text!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

I don't even know exactly what Team Fortress 2 is about, though it's certainly mentioned often enough here, heh.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

I don't even know exactly what Team Fortress 2 is about, though it's certainly mentioned often enough here, heh.
It's about hats. Shooting people who aren't the same color as you, and hats. Mostly hats.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

...I used to enjoy playing TF2 and NS1, until someone explained to me that my habit of muting/shutting out communication with all other players was extremely rude and disruptive to teamwork, and probably making people angry with me.
State of multiplayer being what it's always been, it really isn't. On either side. I've yet to see a MP game -- any MP game* -- where communication or lack thereof actually meaningfully impacted teamwork. It can help, or (much more likely) hinder, but actually working with your ruddy team helps a lot more than wasting time and effort nattering about whatever.

And beyond the teamwork (for which communication isn't substantially necessary), you are under no burden to engage in conversation. Game isn't really the place for it (that's what chat rooms/teamspeak and stuff like forums are for), and you are in no way being rude by not involving yourself in unnecessary communication.

As for people getting angry. Folks who get angry at someone who's not deliberately disrupting the game (which being non-communicative isn't, so long as you're still being responsive to what your team is doing, or, at the very least, not substantially burdening them.) are not people who have opinions that are worth any consideration, at least insofar as the world of gaming is concerned.

Point being. Whoever told you that was substantially mistaken. Go mute everyone and have some fun. You weren't being rude.

*I'm sure there's a few out there, somewhere, but they're massively in the minority.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Do we have a B12 TF2 server? I vaguely remember one, but I'm not sure.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile

Do we have a B12 TF2 server? I vaguely remember one, but I'm not sure.

We did, but I'm pretty sure it's ceased to exist due to lack of traffic and/or interest.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

My dad and that one user(Cmega?)'s mom should make a club called the 'Piece of Shit Parents Club' together.
Black lives matter.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

My dad and that one user(Cmega?)'s mom should make a club called the 'Piece of Shit Parents Club' together.
And BlackFlyme's mum can be the member who yells the minutes of the last club meeting at everyone.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...I used to enjoy playing TF2 and NS1, until someone explained to me that my habit of muting/shutting out communication with all other players was extremely rude and disruptive to teamwork, and probably making people angry with me.
-snip-

I'll try to take that to heart.
That said, the other reason said conversation had me stop playing multiplayer-FPS games is that it torpedoed my ability to see the other players as "smart bots" instead of actual people so hello there social anxiety. Doesn't help that I probably was an atrocious player. I'd been perfectly content with experiencing the simple joys of setting people on fire and/or biting them to death without much regard for personal safety, but after that I realized I'd probably been annoying people with my shitty skills and non-responsiveness the entire time and felt terrible.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

You can also play on random Valve servers, the pubbiest of pubs where almost no one gives a crap about communication or skill level and everyone considers everyone else to be casual pubscrub cannon fodder.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile

Tom clancys: Ghost recon, seems to be trying to be a big behemoth of a Third person shooter with all that hats business.
Of course, they always make so many small mistakes like certain parts of the maps favouring those who entrench first and the fact that a lot of weapons have a cool down before you can fire so you can't run and gun.

It seems fine on ground level, but I could fill pages with the amount of criticisms about its gameplay and map design.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

You can also play on random Valve servers, the pubbiest of pubs where almost no one gives a crap about communication or skill level and everyone considers everyone else to be casual pubscrub cannon fodder.
"Tim Wurke? Who's that?"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

NS1 is kinda team oriented from what I've seen from it.  The communication between the commander and the other players is very important.

I've honestly gone for hours consecutively on the same server in TF2 without anyone ever addressing me directly.  I also usually turn off voice chat (generally there's a spammer and then I forget to turn it back on) and no one really cares.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 2818 2819 [2820] 2821 2822 ... 3345