Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651754 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #2340 on: November 28, 2013, 11:13:31 am »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: November 28, 2013, 12:34:08 pm »

Well, its a kotaku article,they tend to sound troubling. But it seems to be well-informed for one.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: November 28, 2013, 05:36:32 pm »

So...I have hit a lucky break and found out a nice tidbit on EVing in X/Y:

I had a Togetic I wanted to use but it already had EVs invested into it because I forgot to disable the Exp share, well, turns out it only had 5 Spatk EVs. Those were part of its build, this is that nice lucky break.

My discovery is, through EVing this Togetic, I can now, confirm that you cannot, I repeat cannot, exceed 252 in any one stat as of X/Y as the vertical super training bar stopped at exactly 252 despite me forcibly putting +100 Spatk EVs worth past 252 into it to test this. I then went and repeated this with it's other stat, pumping close to a full 510 into this stat, and the bar, this time only leaving room for 6 IVs, never raised past those six until I gave it it's final four EVs.

This officially makes EV training less punishing if you make a mistake in your math, which is nice for me since Math is so not my forte, but it still doesn't prevent accidental EV gains, which is why I say this was a stroke of luck, as this Togetic is one I really wanna use.

This was also the case with the EV training dojos in Join Avenue in BW2. It only makes sense that GameFreak kept that sensibility when devising their new EV training method.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: November 29, 2013, 12:20:44 pm »

The cheat seems to be just information gathering, not actually changing the results of the battle, which is less horrifying than otherwise. It won't screw with your game or anything, just make the cheater have an easier time beating you up. I'm also guessing that it shouldn't be too hard for gamefreaks to send out a patch that implements a good encryption algorithm for battles or something like that.

On another note, a happy anecdote: Sent out a Haunter out on wonder trade, and what I get back? Also a haunter. Gengars for everyone! :D
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: November 29, 2013, 09:53:06 pm »

Being able to see the moves of your opponents is ridiculously game breaking.

Sure, with some pokemon you can guess what they will run as they're pretty one dimensional, but if you see a Quagsire for example. Under normal circumstances, you don't know what that Quagsire will do. If you were to guess you'd assume toxic would be involved. Earthquake and waterfall too maybe. Could have recover or maybe stockpile.

Use this tool, you know for sure. If you see it has toxic, you can switch in a steel type immediately for a free turn.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: December 02, 2013, 03:26:06 am »

Choice Band Scizor, Bulky Sweeper Scizor, or Bulky Sweeper Mega Scizor?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: December 02, 2013, 04:38:50 am »

I find leftovers Scizor works the best.

Swords dance, bullet punch, roost, pursuit.

The goal is to switch into something stupid like a Forretress or an Azumaril, swords dance two or three times, then bullet punch to victory. A 2 swords dance Scizor can OHKO a Hydreigon with one bullet punch. It's a lot easier than you'd think too, as as long as there's no fire damage out on the field, Scizor can tank 3 hits before going down.

I find the mega form useless as it doesn't do anything beyond increasing all its stats a little (and honestly, you only care about attack, you don't even care about the speed which is still bad anyway). Leftovers is better for survivability than the mega form will ever will be. I don't like choice-ing it as if you put a choice band on it, it's still not strong enough to kill stuff with bullet punch and if you put choice scarf on it, it still won't kill anything!

Edit: Here's a demonstration of Scizor in an all-priority team. Basically I show when to bring out Scizor to start stacking the sword dances.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: December 02, 2013, 06:57:28 am »

I find leftovers Scizor works the best.

Swords dance, bullet punch, roost, pursuit.

Thanks, I like this. Been thinking to save the mega evo for Pinsir due to Aerialite. What's your recommended EV spread for that Scizor build? I'm thinking of 252 Att, 252 HP, 4 Def.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: December 02, 2013, 11:41:38 am »

IIRC, Scizor has the same base stats as Scyther but with a different spread. Would an Eviolite Scyther be any good?

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: December 02, 2013, 11:50:48 am »

IIRC, Scizor has the same base stats as Scyther but with a different spread. Would an Eviolite Scyther be any good?

The only problem is that you lose out on all the resistances of Steel-type. Scizor has 8 resistances and only Fire as a weakness. Scyther has 5 weaknesses and only 3 resistances.
Also often called Boowells.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: December 02, 2013, 12:09:10 pm »

Maaaaaybe, with rapid spin support. That 4x rock weakness will bite Scyther hard.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: December 02, 2013, 12:33:04 pm »

Maaaaaybe, with rapid spin support. That 4x rock weakness will bite Scyther hard.

Or Defog support. That works too.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: December 02, 2013, 01:32:55 pm »

Scyther also doesn't have STAB bullet punch, which I think is key.

The aforementioned many-weaknesses doesn't help either. He's relatively slow, so all his weaknesses are quite potent.

BuriBuriZaemon: Yep, that's what I use.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: December 03, 2013, 06:45:27 am »

Doublepost!

I was thinking to myself, other than my all priority team, what's the lamest team I could make right now? Something lame would have to be a team that doesn't really fight, just waits for you to die somehow.... and is impossible to kill since it keeps healing itself. I think that would be the lamest thing ever. A team of entirely walls and stallers.

So I made this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think everyone can see it's incredibly lame. Every single thing on that team heals. Two of them have poison heal. Two of them have regenerator. The two poison healers have both protect and substitute for maximum lameness. Then combine lots of toxic for ultimate lame.

It's done quite well so far. I think I'm winning mostly by making the enemy ragequit rather than anything else. I know if I were fighting it I'd just give up and go to another match that's less lame.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: December 03, 2013, 10:22:04 am »

I'm assuming you meant Slowbro?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 463