Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 772667 times)

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1305 on: November 10, 2014, 03:45:31 am »

Mifiki - cheers for your awesome work, really enjoying that multi level view rendering !
Now, if it could also work for floors above the current one.. !!!

oh_no

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: November 10, 2014, 03:48:21 am »

How... how would that even work? Render layers above the screen? Isn't that how Tron happened?

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: November 10, 2014, 03:19:15 pm »

Mifiki - cheers for your awesome work, really enjoying that multi level view rendering !

That doesn't really work in any game, think of it as towns in a sense where you can see below but you can't build above your current z layer/level. That's not going to change because that's how the game is.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: November 11, 2014, 03:15:19 am »

Just wanted to thank the developer for such an awesome plugin. Just last week I was playing an aboveground fortress and realized I wanted to see the running river beneath the forest canopy - your plugin made this possible. Dwarf fortress feels more immersive than ever!

Col_Jessep

• Bay Watcher
  • ♦ Cat Herder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: November 11, 2014, 04:02:30 am »

Hi, I updated my PeridexisErrant Starter Pack from .13 to .15 and I'm having trouble with the new font. It makes my eyes water after a couple of minutes because it's so small and fuzzy.

I tried to zoom in but that no longer changes text size. Googling brought up Shift+O/P. That didn't work either so I searched again and found:
Code: [Select]
keybinding add Shift-O "twbt tilesize smaller"
keybinding add Shift-P "twbt tilesize bigger"
Now this changes the tilesize zoom but not the font size for me.

1) What do I have to do to change the font size during the game?

When I zoom in in the mainmenu the font size sticks and the text is at least larger. It looks very fuzzy though:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2) Is there a way to change the font? I really like the font that shows up for a split-second when the mainscreen appears. Here is a screenshot from .13:
Any other clean, sharp font would work though and recommendations would be appreciated!  :D

I'm using: Starter Pack 14.15r2 with PeridexisErrant keybinds and the Phoebus tileset.

I love TWBT, mifki. Multilevel is awesome, the fixes are very helpful but I'm in that age where the hair go gray and the eyes apply their own "soft" filter. I'm afraid an additional layer of text smoothing is a bit too much. ___,,,^..^,,,~___

Please help. Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 04:53:06 am by Col_Jessep »
Just kids...

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: November 11, 2014, 04:30:34 am »

Well you can go here https://github.com/fricy/Spacefox/tree/master/data/art and just download the spacefox_text one then go to your init.txt in Dwarf Fortress 0.40.xx\data\init and change the font and Fullfont to =  [FONT:Spacefox_16x16_text.png], [FULLFONT:Spacefox_16x16_text.png].

Or go https://github.com/fricy/DFgraphics look up w.e tileset you are using and maybe there's a font set there for you to use, there is one for phoebus. There should be a way to change the font size, I forget what it is. I don't think its a twbt option though.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: November 11, 2014, 04:42:12 am »

That doesn't really work in any game, think of it as towns in a sense where you can see below but you can't build above your current z layer/level. That's not going to change because that's how the game is.
Well it would have to exclude tiles above the visible+unobstructed tiles on the current layer, but it would work great for adventuring in the hills.

oh_no

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: November 11, 2014, 04:46:18 am »

(oh shit doublepost)
Any other clean, sharp font would work though and recommendations would be appreciated!  :D
Storyteller is pretty sharp, but might not be what you're looking for.
Simple Mood with its big, fat letters might be?

oh_no

Col_Jessep

• Bay Watcher
  • ♦ Cat Herder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: November 11, 2014, 05:02:28 am »

Well you can go here https://github.com/fricy/Spacefox/tree/master/data/art and just download the spacefox_text one then go to your init.txt in Dwarf Fortress 0.40.xx\data\init and change the font and Fullfont to =  [FONT:Spacefox_16x16_text.png], [FULLFONT:Spacefox_16x16_text.png].

Or go https://github.com/fricy/DFgraphics look up w.e tileset you are using and maybe there's a font set there for you to use, there is one for phoebus. There should be a way to change the font size, I forget what it is. I don't think its a twbt option though.
It worked like a charm, thank you so much! You have no idea how much this helped me!
Monty Python maybe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lbX7VxlrJQ   :D

Storyteller is pretty sharp, but might not be what you're looking for.
Simple Mood with its big, fat letters might be?
Storyteller looks very interesting, not necessarily easy to read but I'll give it a try. Thanks!
Just kids...

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1314 on: November 11, 2014, 05:08:34 am »

Well it would have to exclude tiles above the visible+unobstructed tiles on the current layer, but it would work great for adventuring in the hills.

It's planned for adventure mode, I tried to implement it once but there were some difficulties, I don't remember, I need to try again.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: November 11, 2014, 11:55:37 am »

I really like the font that shows up for a split-second when the mainscreen appears. Here is a screenshot from .13:

That looks A LOT like the bisasam set text to me, which I would recommend checking out, there are 16x, 20x, and 24x versions on the tileset repository as I recall.

I've mixed together parts of the Phsstpok tileset (another nice looking 24x one) with the Bisasam 24 to make these in large part because I'm using a 1920x1080 screen and just can't deal with the tiny fonts anymore.
They are of course VERY readable at default zoom and stay crisp when zoomed in pretty far.
Naturally you can fiddle with your own mixes, I just wanted to have a way to make full use of the AWESOME twbt plugin.

Seriously mifki, spore with me.

Col_Jessep

• Bay Watcher
  • ♦ Cat Herder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: November 11, 2014, 01:33:07 pm »

I've mixed together parts of the Phsstpok tileset (another nice looking 24x one) with the Bisasam 24 to make these in large part because I'm using a 1920x1080 screen and just can't deal with the tiny fonts anymore.
I'm in the same boat: I've got my old, trusty 24" TFT with 19020x1068 which still works great but a small serif font like Curse (aptly named! xD) tires my eyes out quickly.
The font I was looking for turned out to be the standard Phoebus font. Your tileset font looks almost identical. Can I mix 24x24 font with the normal Phoebus 16x16 tileset? Your font looks perfect!
Just kids...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: November 11, 2014, 02:26:06 pm »

I think what I use is a lot of that, one sec, I think someone upscaled parts to the 24x24 for spacefox which uses a lot of phoebus base parts.

Here ya go: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10056

Should be a graphics folder with the 24x24 parts, can just remove the spacefox dorfs or swap in your own overrides of course, as well as the original bisasam and phsspthok parts I used plus my mixed version.

Edit 2: dear armok, 19020x1068! What the hell kinda wraparoundtheroom screen is that?!?!?! (kidding, I know you meant 1920, presumably x1080, or is it actually x1068?)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 02:32:34 pm by Max™ »

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: November 11, 2014, 04:51:49 pm »

1068 to account for the taskbar perhaps?

Col_Jessep

• Bay Watcher
  • ♦ Cat Herder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: November 11, 2014, 04:59:35 pm »

Edit 2: dear armok, 19020x1068! What the hell kinda wraparoundtheroom screen is that?!?!?! (kidding, I know you meant 1920, presumably x1080, or is it actually x1068?
Na, I just fatfingered that. It's a regular full HD TFT. =D

Thanks so much for your help!

Now there is only to hope the next update doesn't shred it all again. Between my custom keybinds, embark profiles, RAW adjustments and now tileset fixes I'll be spending some time modding the mod to the mod of the mod... Modception! xD
Just kids...
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 184