Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 398

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 485141 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #3255 on: June 07, 2021, 12:26:38 am »

Whenever you open dwarf fortress, it automatically sends an email to your boss telling them exactly when you opened it and what computer you are running it on.  A similar email is sent when you exit the program.

At the same time, the game will email an exhaustive record of your internet search history to your (former or current) legal guardian(s).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 12:40:14 am by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: June 07, 2021, 07:15:30 pm »

Uh, those mirrors that reflect light?  Like in Uncharted and Witcher 3?

Those would be pretty terrible.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: June 08, 2021, 08:36:11 pm »

It's possible to have stone smoothings so bad that they start spewing syndrome-causing/thralling goo. This occurs in all biomes.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 08:39:40 pm by methylatedspirit »

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: June 09, 2021, 01:46:58 am »

Protective measures against syndrome-causing phenomena can be put in place, but some dwarves with a high [PRIDE] trait will refuse them and put the entire fort at risk as a result. Get ready for everyone to become zombies because of that one jerk who said being forced to stay underground during evil weather was a violation of his freedoms as a dwarf.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: June 09, 2021, 02:12:43 am »

Having a dabbling engraver carving images of low quality on bedroom walls can throw dwarves that live there into a blind rage and also lower the rooms value.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

DwarfStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: June 09, 2021, 10:32:32 am »

Protective measures against syndrome-causing phenomena can be put in place, but some dwarves with a high [PRIDE] trait will refuse them and put the entire fort at risk as a result. Get ready for everyone to become zombies because of that one jerk who said being forced to stay underground during evil weather was a violation of his freedoms as a dwarf.

My dwarves seem to already have this behavior. Not sure if it’s pride or stupidity, but perhaps that is a distinction without a difference.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3261 on: June 09, 2021, 12:02:34 pm »

Anytime stone gets smoothed or engraved, the job produces stone dust. Not some weak syndrome dust, full-on cave-in dust.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: June 09, 2021, 12:18:14 pm »

The probability increases, every time engraving is done, that a wall:
a) Is liquid permeable,
b) Is snake permeable,
c) Has a cummulative chance of not longer being counted as a valid support for cave-in-prevention calculations.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: June 09, 2021, 08:10:20 pm »

Dwarves can declare themselves sovereign citizens and freemen-on-the-land.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

BlueManedHawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Does you is not can the have the yet what do it be
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: June 09, 2021, 08:56:03 pm »

Once explosions get implemented, I'd like to see beached creatures occasionally explode.

How do i use sigtext properly?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: June 10, 2021, 04:06:51 am »

Once explosions get implemented, I'd like to see beached creatures occasionally explode.
This should also have a chance to happen to all corpses, especially when a dwarf is hauling it, this also causes the dwarf's stress to rise dramatically when it happens.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: June 10, 2021, 06:07:42 am »

A diablo-style corpse explosion spell would be fun.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: June 10, 2021, 04:58:42 pm »

Dwarves can declare themselves sovereign citizens and freemen-on-the-land.

When public law will be fleshed out, we could see some persons and entities important enough to become sovereign states themselves such as major temples, families, guilds and monasteries.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: June 10, 2021, 05:00:48 pm »

It is terrifying.

Zombies of bloated corpses can cause explosions when stabbed or cut in the lower body/guts.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: June 10, 2021, 07:00:41 pm »

Bards can play notes that cause your dwarves' rear ends to explode.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 398