Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8470 8471 [8472] 8473 8474 ... 13314

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14898664 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: [wot m8?] avin a giggle m8? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #127065 on: April 20, 2014, 04:28:41 pm »

He didn't make it, but he remade it. From nearly the start, the ideology was heavily inspired by him. With him not there, it would have no figure head and different, perhaps less extreme, ideology.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #127066 on: April 20, 2014, 04:34:29 pm »

He didn't make it, but he remade it. From nearly the start, the ideology was heavily inspired by him. With him not there, it would have no figure head and different, perhaps less extreme, ideology.

Less extreme how? Anti-semitic sentiments and militarism had been big in postwar Europe, and where that didn't take seed, communists tried to take over.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #127067 on: April 20, 2014, 04:35:51 pm »

So lets assume Germany becomes Communist, how is that any better?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #127068 on: April 20, 2014, 04:42:04 pm »

Without Hitler as the head, it may have disliked Jews, but it may not have caused Crystal Night.

So lets assume Germany becomes Communist, how is that any better?
I didn't say it would be better if Germany became Communist. I just said that it could have become Communist.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #127069 on: April 20, 2014, 04:45:47 pm »

It'll be an odd world where Hitler is a German national hero. The successor might not have the charisma to lead Germany to war or they have Hitler as a rallying cry to go to war.
What would a cold war between the Nazi Empire and the Soviet Union be like?
Immediate land war?  Both of those countries would probably be willing to get nuked once or twice, and they're too close together to have time to build up nukes before a war starts.

Although... maybe if their alliance actually held until the end of WW2 and and then they built up nukes.  I guess it would probably involve the USSR supporting all the massive rebellions a Nazi Empire would inevitable face, until finally the Nazies decide their tired of that shit and THEN nuclear war happens.  I seriously doubt a Nazi Empire's leadership would have the restraint necessary for a cold war to be possible.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #127070 on: April 20, 2014, 05:06:15 pm »

Although... maybe if their alliance actually held until the end of WW2 and and then they built up nukes.  I guess it would probably involve the USSR supporting all the massive rebellions a Nazi Empire would inevitable face, until finally the Nazies decide their tired of that shit and THEN nuclear war happens.  I seriously doubt a Nazi Empire's leadership would have the restraint necessary for a cold war to be possible.
Could be USSR develops nuke first, yet are so strapped for cash that they can't afford more just yet - show the tests to Nazis who agree to armistice; Nazis and Soviets enter cold war after both convincing themselves of MAD and begin a series of proxy wars in the Eurasian continent.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127071 on: April 20, 2014, 05:07:09 pm »

COMPUTER WORKS.
YUS.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127072 on: April 20, 2014, 05:23:17 pm »

Don't kill Hitler - just prevent Scheidemann from proclaiming the Weimar Republic, get Wilhelm II. to abdicate, and see to it that the next Kaiser is a progressive/modernizer. That would prevent the old ruling class and the nationalists from turning against the state and thus the whole Republic from going to the dogs.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 05:25:19 pm by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127073 on: April 20, 2014, 05:36:03 pm »

Re: clothing, don't get me wrong, I definitely do care about my appearance.
(Even if I do often wear raggedy-ass clothes and worn-out shoes, that's intentional. It's my look, or something. Holes and frayed ends add character!)
And I do (despite being poor!) like buying new clothes and what-not, but the thing is I can buy good quality designer jeans locally for a pretty dang reasonable price already. One day when I have the money to spare I shall have to try a pair of Gustin jeans, I suppose, and see what all the fuss is about.
Do their black jeans still fade to blue? :P

I never really understood the whole "buying expensive stuff just for the sake of it being expensive" thing. If it looks better than normal clothes, awesome. If it lasts longer, that makes sense. But if it's just the same stuff with a higher price tag, well, I'd rather spend that extra money on actual different clothes.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127074 on: April 20, 2014, 05:50:49 pm »

Just helped a friend install a mod. I feel succesful, and like an IT guy.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127075 on: April 20, 2014, 06:34:34 pm »

Okay, so you all know that I don't like the holidays, but I am enjoying the hell out of the food.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127076 on: April 20, 2014, 06:38:58 pm »

But, MZ! It's holiday food! How could you?! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127077 on: April 20, 2014, 06:59:27 pm »

Don't kill Hitler - just prevent Scheidemann from proclaiming the Weimar Republic, get Wilhelm II. to abdicate, and see to it that the next Kaiser is a progressive/modernizer. That would prevent the old ruling class and the nationalists from turning against the state and thus the whole Republic from going to the dogs.

I think in a time machine scenario there wouldn't really be any way of preventing WWII without also preventing WWI, or making Bismark have a miraculous vision in the 1870s that turns him into a liberal or something. Definitely ways of stopping the Nazi party, but really I bet even Social Democrats would've supported another war after the depression. It's an interesting question really, since I can't think of any way that things wouldn't have turned out similarly, even if the Treaty of Versailles had been different.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #127078 on: April 20, 2014, 07:06:35 pm »

I just read the moderation log.

Necroquibbling. Oh my god that's the best word.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #127079 on: April 20, 2014, 07:31:07 pm »

So, I was invited to a barbeque yesterday at a friend's house. Another friend, whom I spend nearly all my time with, was to be there also. I show up at the house, there's a few people I don't know, but that's okay. I wait quietly, observing the other people interacting (This is what I do at parties. It's actually fun sometimes.) for awhile.

Let me lay the scene. I've included pictures of myself on the Photoshare thread, so I'll just explain clothes. I was wearing a pair of home-made jean cut off shorts, a red t-shirt that says Doubt Me in black then white letters, respectively, and a pair of black shoes. I just worked that whole day, worked my ass off, so I was covered with assorted small scrapes, cuts, bruises, and various other minor injuries. I didn't think I looked especially good, mind you, but red is a power color, so there was that. Anyways.

There are several people there, including two couples. One couple is the party-throwers, and the other is the female's brother and his girlfriend. There is also two brothers there, another male I didn't know, and finally me, and my friend, who showed up later. I was standing near the table, listening to everyone talk, when eventually the brother's girlfriend turns to the sister and gets my name. She turns to me, (I watched this, so I knew she wanted my attention) and says, "So, Jacob, you know there's another chair, right?"

"I didn't mind standing, and I didn't want to impose on anyone." I explain as I sit down. I introduce myself to the people I don't know, and they keep talking for awhile. Finally my friend arrives, and immediately begins starting shit with me. I inform him that I'm going to a festival soon, and he cuts me off and acts like a dick about it. I keep trying to be diplomatic, and eventually I just say, "No, fuck this. I'm not dealing with this bullshit. I'm leaving." And I storm out. (Mind you, I'm an incredibly calm person. Most people NEVER see me angry.)

I walk to my car, fuming. The girlfriend follows me out, saying, "No, wait! Don't leave!" She follows me out to my car. I have the door open, and she's standing on the other side of my car, trying to convince me to stay. I get in my car, and start driving away.

I got halfway back 'up' to the highway, still absolutely furious, and I say, "No." I spin my car 180 degrees, and drive back. I don't know why I did, but I did. I get back to the house, and the males are standing by the door to the house, talking. I walk past them, tersely growling, "I came back." I get into the house, and resume my previous position, standing to one side, when the girlfriend gestures to me, waving me over to her. I step to her, and she hands me a pipe. In front of a roomful of pot smokers, she smokes a bowl with just me. (I doubt most of you are pot smokers, but most people don't do that because it's really quite rude. Sort of like eating dinner with company over and never offering them any.)

Then she engages me in conversation and we talked about how we'd seen each other before, but never met, and a few other things. This goes on for awhile, until eventually I'm back to my natural state, standing there watching people have more fun than me. I notice she keeps giving me little glances, when her boyfriend isn't looking, over the course of the night. Eventually, the sister notices I'm sort of disconnected again, and she has me sit in the middle of the group of people and talk to her. (Don't do this to shy people, please. I can handle it because I'm not near as shy as some, but it's still pretty damn uncomfortable.) I make awkward chitchat until the food is served, then the brother/girlfriend have to go. The brother goes to say goodbye to his sister, who was helping get the food, and the girlfriend said, "Goodbye everyone!" Then, she turned, and quite deliberately, said, "Goodbye Jacob!"

>.>
I think I might have accidentally done everything right, as far as trying to attract a girl goes.
-Power color/color of attraction/passion/etc? Check.
-Keep your face tilted so they look up at you? Check. (Studies have proven women find men more attractive when viewed from a lower angle. And this girl was 4'11, I'm 6'1. >.> )
-Show passion about something? Check. (It was a dumb thing to get passionate about, but I sure as shit got passionate, FAST.)
-Don't smile unless they smile first? Check. (Studies! Yes, approachable people are easier for most people, but attractive people that BECOME approachable when you smile at them? Even better!)

Now why can't I do this sort of thing on purpose? To girls that don't have boyfriends?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 8470 8471 [8472] 8473 8474 ... 13314