Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651192 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The Sun (and Moon) Rises
« Reply #5580 on: November 19, 2016, 03:33:16 pm »

Wow, just looked at the new starters for the first time, very cute! Hectic cat, derp seal and peach owl.
I kinda want to get one of the games now, but I probably shouldn't let the cuteness of the pokemon on offer convince me to shell out that much $$$ considering I never got around to finishing X. >.> Stupid lack of a quest log...

Oh, I just thought: do the new games run on the "old" 3ds systems, or only on those beefed-up new ones?
If the latter, well, at least I won't be tempted to blow my money on a new Pokemon game, haha.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #5582 on: November 19, 2016, 03:50:22 pm »

Wondertrade yielded a shiny Rowlet. Guess who my new starter is!
I feel sorry for your real starter ;-;

Its in purgatory Bill's PC now

It is indeed in the PC. But not having my original starter is making me feel slightly guilty. So far the game has been easy... Maybe I should just raise both!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5583 on: November 19, 2016, 06:14:12 pm »

It does seem to be at least slightly harder than the more recent games.  But it may be because I turned the xp share off immediately and have no plans of turning it back on.

There also may be the wild pokes summoning adds making it more difficult now too.  I don't remember the last time I almost wiped to a wild pokemon battle, but I wanted to catch that spearow and it just. would not. stop. calling. friends.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5584 on: November 19, 2016, 08:14:32 pm »

I've had some interesting times with infinite battles, too.  It looks like they may be efficient for EV training since they apparently double EVs received, but when you want to catch that last Pokemon (in my case, a Wishiwashi), it does get a bit bothersome.

Oh, interesting note.  You can get a 50% off reusable coupon at the Thrifty Mart on Akala Island, good for one store session.  In the store, you can buy Pokeballs, which means that you can get a free Premier Ball every time you buy them in sets of 10.  Finally, as usual, you can sell anything for 50% off the purchase price.  So: buy 10 Pokeballs, get one free Premier Ball, and sell back the 10 Pokeballs for the same price it cost to purchase them.  As an infinite money method, it leaves quite a bit to be desired (namely, time efficiency - Premier Balls sell for ₱10), but as a way to get Premier Balls, it's a bit convenient.  I just miss being able to visit the Poke Ball Boutique in X/Y, where we could buy them in truckloads. 

EDIT: Also, that...err, Hypno...no comment.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 08:21:02 pm by Culise »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: November 19, 2016, 08:23:36 pm »

Did they get rid of Super Training? :/

It looks like they ditched Hidden Pokemon and DexNav for some reason, but why get rid of such a convenient training tool?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5586 on: November 19, 2016, 08:41:45 pm »

eh, super training itself was incredibly slow and tedious, especially compared to horde battling

as long as they just give us some way to check evs, which is really the biggest downside to traditional ev training, i won't miss it

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: November 19, 2016, 08:45:28 pm »

as long as they just give us some way to check evs, which is really the biggest downside to traditional ev training, i won't miss it
Summary screen: the radar plot in the top screen, right side of the first page.  The plot itself matches the old display for EVs on Super Training insofar as the blue areas indicate EVs, and the nature effect is indicated by the colors of the stats themselves. 

EDIT:
Alright, the second dance at Kiawe's trial made me laugh.  Just *bam* out of nowhere.  Then...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 09:13:41 pm by Culise »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5588 on: November 19, 2016, 09:31:23 pm »

It looks like they ditched Hidden Pokemon and DexNav for some reason, but why get rid of such a convenient training tool?

I am rather unhappy with everything in this post.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: November 19, 2016, 09:38:41 pm »

Yes but look on the bright side! This pokemon might have the most Legendary Pokémon of any generation!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: November 19, 2016, 09:42:52 pm »

This pokemon might have the most Legendary Pokémon of any generation!

That describes every gen on release
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5591 on: November 19, 2016, 09:53:53 pm »

I am rather unhappy with everything in this post.
Because...you disagree with what I'm saying? Or do you also miss the cut features?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: November 19, 2016, 10:04:33 pm »

Alright, the second dance at Kiawe's trial made me laugh.  Just *bam* out of nowhere.  Then...

I got a chuckle out of that, too.

As for the posts about all the things this game doesn't have: bicycles. Please tell me they're actually in the game and I just haven't got there yet. Riding taurus is awful in comparison, with his enormous hit box and having to hold B the whole damn time. I mean I appreciate the concept, but the execution just sucks.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5593 on: November 19, 2016, 10:10:59 pm »

I got a chuckle out of that, too.

As for the posts about all the things this game doesn't have: bicycles. Please tell me they're actually in the game and I just haven't got there yet. Riding taurus is awful in comparison, with his enormous hit box and having to hold B the whole damn time. I mean I appreciate the concept, but the execution just sucks.
Nope; it seems riding Pokemon is all we get.  Moreover, there doesn't seem to be a new faster, always-running ride that gets unlocked later from the list on Serebii, though I'm not past the second island yet, so I can't confirm that for myself.  There's no really convenient "push up to run forever" place like central Lumiose or the Battle Resort, either, which is bothersome to me as well; the closest I get is spinning in circles within that little fenced-in area. 

Oh, by the bye, I saw something about calling for help that I was curious about.  I'm not sure if it's just my own experience and that of a couple of others, or if it's actually a thing, but does paralysis seem to block calls for help? 

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5594 on: November 19, 2016, 10:18:17 pm »

There's no really convenient "push up to run forever" place like central Lumiose or the Battle Resort, either, which is bothersome to me as well; the closest I get is spinning in circles within that little fenced-in area. 

Although much more trivial than the lack of bicycle, there's no d-pad movement either. That's only really convenient for egg hatching, but I find holding down the d-pad waaaay more comfortable. 'course that could also be solved by making egg hatching not dumb, but... it's always been this way.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 463