Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1083387 times)

noirscape

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonic disaster
    • View Profile
    • noirscape.dev
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #3960 on: March 10, 2016, 01:19:24 pm »

New alpha release. This release fixes a few bugs with the old release.

You forgot the Linux and Mac binaries. There's only a windows binary in the release.
don't take the above seriously. This is actually a pretty helpful group of people. Welcome to the insane asylum.

*Urist McEnlightened has been found dead, Enlightenment aneurysm.*

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: March 10, 2016, 04:21:06 pm »

Not everyone can build on all systems. I generally try to wait for all binaries to be available, but that didn't happen this time. I'll be able to build and put them up in an hour and a half or so.
Edit: They're up now: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.42.06-alpha2
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 06:30:03 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: March 11, 2016, 04:26:11 am »

Got a few more questions (my apologies if this is annoying to anyone here) about if there are scrips that enable me to do certain things. I suspect the answer to all might be no, but...

1) Is it possible to make, say, a flamethrower that consumes ammunition? (I know that item-trigger allows me to simulate the flamethrower, but no idea on the ammo)

2) Is it possible to make a custom siege weapon (without making it a workshop that gives material-emission interactions)?

3) Is there a way to assign gods created through moddable-gods to specific entities? (and do those gods even do any actions in worldgen?)

1. A flamethrower that consumes ammunition would be hard to do. I'd make it work like a crossbow and make DFHack periodically create fire around the projectile. The problem would be making sure that it only uses a special type of ammunition and not bolts. I'm not sure how to do that.

2. What do you want it to do?

3. Not yet (unless you do it yourself with an lua script), and no. They are created after worldgen.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: March 11, 2016, 05:40:37 am »

2. What do you want it to do?
Just fire projectiles, I suppose.

Anyway, thanks for the answers. I should probably learn lua.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Couchmonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: March 11, 2016, 08:49:28 am »

Can someone help me to get dfhack to run on gentoo linux x64
I get the tileset not found error on dfhack, but df works fine.
I had it fixed once... but I cannot seem to get it to work anymore.

df 42.06
dfhack 42.06 alpha2
twbt 5.5.8

running sh -x dfhack produces the following
Code: [Select]
and a tileset not found error.

[code]++ dirname dfhack
+ DF_DIR=.
+ cd .
+ export SDL_DISABLE_LOCK_KEYS=1
+ SDL_DISABLE_LOCK_KEYS=1
+ RC=.dfhackrc
+ '[' -r /home/hem39212/.dfhackrc ']'
+ '[' -r ./.dfhackrc ']'
+ libcxx_orig=libs/libstdc++.so.6
+ libcxx_backup=libs/libstdc++.so.6.backup
+ '[' -z '' ']'
+ '[' -e libs/libstdc++.so.6 ']'
+ '[' '!' -e libs/libstdc++.so.6.backup ']'
+ mv libs/libstdc++.so.6 libs/libstdc++.so.6.backup
+ cat
NOTICE: libs/libstdc++.so.6 has been moved to libs/libstdc++.so.6.backup
for better compatibility. If you are using an older distro and this breaks,
run "cp libs/libstdc++.so.6.backup libs/libstdc++.so.6", or add this to
/home/hem39212/.dfhackrc to affect future DFHack installations:

export DFHACK_NO_RENAME_LIBSTDCXX=1

++ stty -g
+ old_tty_settings=5500:5:bf:8a3b:3:1c:7f:15:4:0:1:0:11:13:1a:0:12:f:17:16:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0
+ DISTROFIXES=distro_fixes.sh
+ '[' -r distro_fixes.sh ']'
+ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=:./hack/libs:./hack
+ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=:./hack/libs:./hack
+ PRELOAD_LIB=./hack/libdfhack.so
+ case "$1" in
+ setarch i386 -R env LD_PRELOAD=./hack/libdfhack.so ./libs/Dwarf_Fortress
+ ret=1
+ stty 5500:5:bf:8a3b:3:1c:7f:15:4:0:1:0:11:13:1a:0:12:f:17:16:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0
+ echo

+ '[' -n '' ']'
+ exit 1

Same for DF + DFhack only

++ dirname dfhack                                                                                                                                                                                                 
+ DF_DIR=.                                                                                                                                                                                                         
+ cd .                                                                                                                                                                                                             
+ export SDL_DISABLE_LOCK_KEYS=1                                                                                                                                                                                   
+ SDL_DISABLE_LOCK_KEYS=1                                                                                                                                                                                         
+ RC=.dfhackrc                                                                                                                                                                                                     
+ '[' -r /home/hem39212/.dfhackrc ']'                                                                                                                                                                             
+ '[' -r ./.dfhackrc ']'                                                                                                                                                                                           
+ libcxx_orig=libs/libstdc++.so.6                                                                                                                                                                                 
+ libcxx_backup=libs/libstdc++.so.6.backup                                                                                                                                                                         
+ '[' -z '' ']'                                                                                                                                                                                                   
+ '[' -e libs/libstdc++.so.6 ']'                                                                                                                                                                                   
++ stty -g                                                                                                                                                                                                         
+ old_tty_settings=5500:5:bf:8a3b:3:1c:7f:15:4:0:1:0:11:13:1a:0:12:f:17:16:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0                                                                                                         
+ DISTROFIXES=distro_fixes.sh                                                                                                                                                                                     
+ '[' -r distro_fixes.sh ']'                                                                                                                                                                                       
+ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=:./hack/libs:./hack                                                                                                                                                                       
+ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=:./hack/libs:./hack                                                                                                                                                                             
+ PRELOAD_LIB=./hack/libdfhack.so                                                                                                                                                                                 
+ case "$1" in                                                                                                                                                                                                     
+ setarch i386 -R env LD_PRELOAD=./hack/libdfhack.so ./libs/Dwarf_Fortress                                                                                                                                         
+ ret=1                                                                                                                                                                                                           
+ stty 5500:5:bf:8a3b:3:1c:7f:15:4:0:1:0:11:13:1a:0:12:f:17:16:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0                                                                                                                     
+ echo                                                                                                                                                                                                             

+ '[' -n '' ']'                                                                                                                                                                                                   
+ exit 1
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:11:07 am by Couchmonster »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: March 11, 2016, 09:53:41 am »

Are you saying the df script works?

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: March 11, 2016, 11:01:53 am »

Now that dwarfs socialize as a job instead of going on break, can someone make the "Idlers" count useful in 42?

"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: March 11, 2016, 06:01:19 pm »

it's been awhile so I don't know if this is old news but I just found out dfhack made sites if set to player fort will pop up in the menu for fort mode now.
so you can reclaim a site work on by an adventurer now.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: March 12, 2016, 07:02:36 am »

Now that dwarfs socialize as a job instead of going on break, can someone make the "Idlers" count useful in 42?

That's doable.

kane_t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: March 13, 2016, 10:36:54 am »

Quick question: is it possible to change artifact names with DFHack?  It looks like they're stored in a separate data structure (artifacts have a ref that gives an artifact ID) but I couldn't find anything in the docs about it.

EDIT: Whoop, I'm an idiot, sorry.  Guess I should've searched the thread, first: df.artifact_record.find(artifact id) in the lua interface.  If I could delete this post I would ;)
DOUBLE-EDIT: For anyone else looking for this information: parts_of_speech in the artifact record indicates which variation of the word in that slot you're using.  So, changing this allows you to use word forms in positions they wouldn't normally be allowed, like plural nouns in the adjective slot.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 10:45:39 am by kane_t »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: March 13, 2016, 03:23:23 pm »

no, definitely keep it, if you had a problem then other people might and now you have a searchable post with an easy solution

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: March 13, 2016, 04:09:21 pm »

Just had an interesting spasm from DFHack.  Version is the one from 42.06.01 Win LazyNewbPack.  I was just setting up some flooring when I got the following in the DFHack window in red text: (pulled from stderr.log)
error in __gc metamethod (bad argument #1 to '?' (FILE* expected, got userdata))
table: 38614F00
table: 37BFE690
(invalid error: error in __gc metamethod (bad argument #1 to '?' (FILE* expected, got userdata)))
table: 37D8A890
table: 38616508
table: 383F5A20
table: 383F1510
The table lines continued for several pages in constant rapid stream before I quit the fort and they stopped.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: March 13, 2016, 05:13:44 pm »

Quick question: is it possible to change artifact names with DFHack?  It looks like they're stored in a separate data structure (artifacts have a ref that gives an artifact ID) but I couldn't find anything in the docs about it.

EDIT: Whoop, I'm an idiot, sorry.  Guess I should've searched the thread, first: df.artifact_record.find(artifact id) in the lua interface.  If I could delete this post I would ;)
I really gotta update artifake and figure out what happened with names that makes it not wanna work sometimes. I did add in the specific -item flag for artifacts, real or fake, though.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: March 14, 2016, 06:42:00 pm »

For my own curiosity, what's left to fix that makes DFHack 42.06-alpha2 a pre-release version?  Known bugs, things not in structure, or what?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: March 14, 2016, 07:12:21 pm »

We don't know exactly. The main purpose of the alpha releases is for people to be able to test and report issues that need fixing. It seems to be working better than what we did before (that is, trying to test as much as we could on our own and then making a normal release), which is nice.

Just had an interesting spasm from DFHack.  Version is the one from 42.06.01 Win LazyNewbPack.  I was just setting up some flooring when I got the following in the DFHack window in red text: (pulled from stderr.log)
error in __gc metamethod (bad argument #1 to '?' (FILE* expected, got userdata))
table: 38614F00
table: 37BFE690
(invalid error: error in __gc metamethod (bad argument #1 to '?' (FILE* expected, got userdata)))
table: 37D8A890
table: 38616508
table: 383F5A20
table: 383F1510
The table lines continued for several pages in constant rapid stream before I quit the fort and they stopped.
Wow, that looks pretty serious. What DFHack tools have you been using (particularly any third-party ones)? Did you replace lua.dll or something? Is it reproducible?

Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 360