- 0 (0%)
Titans
- 0 (0%)
Vault Guardians
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 04, 2022, 09:24:51 am

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: In Search of Fairy Tales - Adelaathira - The End of Dwarfdom  (Read 37196 times)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: In Search of Fairy Tales - Adelaathira - The Spear King
« Reply #195 on: July 13, 2023, 03:00:44 am »

Also what are those P or R things at the top of the map, I've never seen those before.

Looks like ruined forest retreats (specifically ruined ¶ forest retreats).

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 13, 2023, 05:10:02 am »

Seems like there are a lot of things they could be, hopefully Maloy will solve the mystery at some point.

Also Brewer why don't you join us on this adventure, I've sure there's still room for another character to join.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 13, 2023, 09:53:52 am »

Also Brewer why don't you join us on this adventure, I've sure there's still room for another character to join.

Guess I hadn't thought of it since there's still bits and pieces of this thread I haven't read.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 13, 2023, 10:29:41 am »

I think it'd be fine if you haven't! Realistically most adventurers wouldn't know anything about the previous characters we've had in this world!
The party is currently working for the human nation of the Notched Union and being paid!

No official application needed just
Name:
national background(human, elf, dwarf, outsider):
Race:
Skills:
Equipment:
and backstory which is optional, but at least enough for why you are joining the party!

Looks like ruined forest retreats (specifically ruined ¶ forest retreats).
That's a perfect explanation. I remember watching the icons change to that during world gen and those forests definitely have a harsh history! Looking forward to the exploration!

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 15, 2023, 05:20:11 am »

The commander nods at the party by the end of the meeting. Although his usually cold demeanor is unchanged he speaks out of character
"Thank you for all you have done for us and are doing. If there's any future for our people in these lands it is you who will make it happen."

After pausing a moment he speaks again "I will include dossiers on your tasks to take with you as this will likely be a longer and more complicated journey. Kanil inchwhip is likely a broken man after all this time. His defeat left him shattered, but he is a hero."
Any particular farewells desired?

Sir Galtran III's gear and stats:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The party makes a day long trip to Cursewax. Peaceful and unbothered as this trek of human lands has been thoroughly patrolled and cleaned up.

Cursewax itself would be of the appearance of a typical bandit fortress, but only if after words some mad god-child began tracing in the dirt around it.
As you wander it's perimeter you find it's main gate completely buried under soil and the area around it covered in trench works. The whole area is long neglected.

After picking your way through for sometime you find a weather beaten goblin tower jutting straight out of the wall! It's appearance might be reminiscent of a mushroom sprouting out from the side of a fallen log.

Egem takes advantage of his flight and gets an aerial view of the whole scene.

As it turns out the tower has a door at it's base and upon entering the other end of the tower leads into the fort proper.
You find most of the buildings to be abandoned and uninhabited, but as you near the last one you find pieces of skeletal corpses lying scattered about.
Thoughts?

Upon entering, cautiously, you find the whole room filled to the brim with the remains of the dead. Warriors scattered all about still covered in armor, weapons, and COIN.
Does the party wish to find better gear among the dead? Egem do you wish to upgrade to metal armor? It will slow you down until you become good at it's use

At one of the tables sit's a still living man. Although covered head to toe in iron armor his huge bulk suggests a massive amount of muscle. A massive iron blade rests at the table at his side. A well known and famous sword: Cloudfought

A shield is on the man's back suggesting he can wield both at once.

The sword's owner is Kanil and presumably this is him. The man makes no motion to move, but his eyes are on the party "What do you travelers wish of this old graveyard and it's keeper?" he says

OOC:
My original plan for Kanil was for him to have this whole journey of abandoning bandit hood to become a hero and eventually lawmaker, but after I retired him he actually handed all his titles over to his followers and went to Cursewax on his own. Really interesting when characters do random stuff like that.

Ignore the part of the "aerial view" shot with the party in a building lol I took it after everyone met and joined, but it fit better for Egem to wanna take a peek on his own earlier.

I JUST checked out legends viewer and the glitch with the elven pop fixed itself! which means I can update that soon! That also might mean that elven forest retreat is no longer glitched which means we don't have to go fortress mode to complete the elven purge eventually!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 05:26:21 am by Maloy »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 15, 2023, 12:42:45 pm »

Galtran is spooked and sort of hides behind the rest of the party as they approach. Galtran will then meekly loot any upgrades from the bodies... maybe grabbing a few extra weapons to sell later. The smell of dry, rotted corpses is horrifying and something Galtran is unprepared for, and he retches in the corner.

Cloudfought

what the hell happened in 125 ?? every notable death occurred in that year. a large battle i guess.

Galtran would ask of the sitting warrior, who holds Cloudfought, what they are doing here and where they come from.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 16, 2023, 04:50:42 am »

As it turns out the tower has a door at it's base and upon entering the other end of the tower leads into the fort proper.
You find most of the buildings to be abandoned and uninhabited, but as you near the last one you find pieces of skeletal corpses lying scattered about.
Thoughts?
The sight of dead people and abandoned buildings no longer bothers Burt after what he's seen during this adventure.

Upon entering, cautiously, you find the whole room filled to the brim with the remains of the dead. Warriors scattered all about still covered in armor, weapons, and COIN.
Does the party wish to find better gear among the dead?
Burt will dig through the possessions of the dead and see if there's any armour that might fit him or and upgrade for his sword and shield.

The sword's owner is Kanil and presumably this is him. The man makes no motion to move, but his eyes are on the party "What do you travelers wish of this old graveyard and it's keeper?" he says
He will try to convince the warrior to join their group and help them on their journey.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 18, 2023, 01:32:18 pm »

We don't talk about 125 lol was an educational experience about how small actions in adventure mode can cascade crazily

Kanil replies to Galtran and upon close discernment you might see that he is missing some of his back teeth "I'm just another man bound by his own limitations, but my name is Kanil Inchwhip. Bearer of Cloudfought and friend of Pamud"
Upon hearing Burt's request to join them Kanil seems unfazed "Why would I join you and for what purpose? They named me Keeper of the Seal of Cursewax. Didn't make sense to me at first, but I guess it fits. I keep this path safe and keep the goblins from invading south again"

The goblins were driven to near-extinction last year by the, now legendary, rhino-man Kivish

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 18, 2023, 02:48:33 pm »

Galtran thinks this man a fool to commit to such laborious tasks as guarding a grave or defending against goblins advances. Doesn't he know there is loot to be found, out in the wilds?

"Burt... let us leave this place. It belongs to the ravens now."

and to the sitting Kanil, Galtran speaks:

"Before we go . . . who is this Pamud?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 20, 2023, 03:35:50 am »

"Since we can't convince him to come with us, I guess that means we have no choice but to leave him to his corps watching."

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 20, 2023, 01:26:08 pm »

"Pamud is my loyal companion. An elephant who has accomplished as many great deeds. My most loyal friend." He pauses for a moment "I left him in the Savannah near my old camp that he might be close to others of his kind...This place is not fitting for him"

Totally up to you guys if you wanna go ahead and leave if it isn't worth arguing for. Kanil is under the impression that there are still several thousand goblins in the north preparing to invade as their genocide finished only a couple of months ago.
As a guy who DMs regularly I feel weird meta-inserting him as a character so if you think it fits for you guys to just end the conversation here that is totally fine!

Also I forgot that we gotta go drop off Grugni and Glorg's bodies at a burial site lol woops!
I'll post gear updates next post. I'm having to prep for a dwarf fortress inspired One-Shot I'm doing next week so been a little slow.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 21, 2023, 03:10:40 am »

As a guy who DMs regularly I feel weird meta-inserting him as a character so if you think it fits for you guys to just end the conversation here that is totally fine!
I get that and I was wondering how you'd bring him into the party when you mentioned it, but I think we'll have to leave conversation here as I'm not sure we could convince him to come with us since I'm not sure out characters know about the goblin genocide, and even if we do I can't think of any way to prove to him that it happened.

I'm having to prep for a dwarf fortress inspired One-Shot I'm doing next week so been a little slow.
That sounds pretty cool.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 21, 2023, 10:08:50 am »

. I'm having to prep for a dwarf fortress inspired One-Shot I'm doing next week so been a little slow.

yeah this is exciting, love new content . take your time!

DF's worlds and simulations are fairly challenging to DM around. Death is frequently surprising and inconvenient.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 21, 2023, 03:02:32 pm »

I once ran a 3-year campaign in a DF world. It only claimed one character's life, but most of the in-game time spent was recovering from injuries received on adventures. It was fantastic and my players loved every moment.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 24, 2023, 08:28:22 pm »

Sir Galtran finds some new gear amongst the dead. The "keeper of the seal" seems unbothered by the looting.

With little left that can still be said the party decides to leave Kanil behind at the fort turned graveyard. He watches them go with a strange look in his eye until they eventually cross back under the walls breaking visibility.

From here the party ventures north for two days to bury honored companions: Grugni and Glorg.

They return to the small shelter they built for the tombs of Ciba's victims. It already had a casket for Grugni's arm and so the site was used once more to bury the dwarf and human.

Your companions are laid to rest. Do you have any words you would speak? Perhaps you are simply lost in thought during the low-key funeral. This would certainly be a less oppressive moment for Sir Galtran

The party spends the day caring for the area and manage to bag a deer that was grazing nearby.

From here they must head south to find the terror that destroyed the city of Lashedfurnace...and kill it!

OOC
Appreciate it I may post the documents for it after I clean them up and we play the one shot!
It's a proper pathfinder system campaign using a df-world and lore

Also there was no other gear present at fort better than what anyone else had. Galtran had starter gear so was easy to upgrade
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22