Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1404383 times)

Blah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.03 r1
« Reply #660 on: February 29, 2012, 03:29:33 am »

I have a request.

1. a hack that allows the defaults uniforms for militia to be copied.
2. a hack that allows the base materials for the uniforms to be modified.

Reason being.  I can't copy/backup original uniforms to modify them.  I have to recreate them.
I can't change the material of Leather headwear.  If I want all leather uniforms, and want to modify leather.  And I want to say Metal Headwear, I have to specify Metal Helms, or Metal Caps, etc.  It would be nice to have a hack for that.

You can make a macro that sets up all the uniforms you want.

Alexander86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 29, 2012, 03:41:18 am »

I am having one problem with the liquids function. It is probably not a bug just me not knowing how to use it properly. Whenever i go to make an obsidian wall area that should go up multiple Z levels it will do one (sometimes 2) then only a piece of it will have further walls on it kind of like a wedding cake...only square. What I would like to ideally is make a tower on wherever i designate that is 100x100 and 15 levels tall. I have checked the world gen and there is enough free levels above me to do this. Also if i try to just go to the next level up and make a similar area of obsidian walls it wont do anything.

Also is there anyway to delete a river source? I managed to dig myself a river but i put the river source too high and its starting to flood my embark.

celebrinborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 29, 2012, 04:02:53 am »

The minecraft plugin does not appear to work, I get the message df2minecraft is not a reconized command. Am I typing something in wrong? Did I forget to do something? Or is this bugged? Thanks
PS: I'm new to using this program, sorry if this seems like a stupid question.

Mover#005

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 29, 2012, 06:12:09 am »

I can't get it to work on gentoo x64 either with 34.03 or 34.02:

ERROR: ld.so: object './hack/libdfhack.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt
New window size: 1280x640
Font size: 16x16
Resizing grid to 80x40
Resizing font to 16x16

Game proceeds to load up normally then. Any pointers?

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 29, 2012, 06:33:34 am »

You don't get the following lines anywhere?

Code: [Select]
DFHack is ready. Have a nice day!
Type in '?' or 'help' for general help, 'ls' to see all commands.
[DFHack]#

If not, do you get anything in a file called stderr.log?

I get that ERROR line too, but it still works; I suspect the error comes from the setarch command, which isn't really supposed to load that library anyway - and can't on a 64-bit system.

P.S. Also, there isn't a dfhack build that would work with both 34.03 and 34.02 - one of the major data structures changed slightly, so they are incompatible. 34.04 data structures on the other hand are identical to 34.03.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 06:47:55 am by ag »

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 29, 2012, 07:06:11 am »

34.04 data structures on the other hand are identical to 34.03.

I was just about to ask that. So I can safely upgrade to 34.04 (because it finally fixes archery training) and DFHack will still work? Nice.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #666 on: February 29, 2012, 07:20:38 am »

34.04 data structures on the other hand are identical to 34.03.

I was just about to ask that. So I can safely upgrade to 34.04 (because it finally fixes archery training) and DFHack will still work? Nice.
You'll need an updated symbol file : https://raw.github.com/angavrilov/df-structures/a20d8fb6720e13393ba4133bb579612e7bdfe500/symbols.xml
Right click, save as, overwrite the one in the 'hack' folder.

Mover#005

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 29, 2012, 07:42:56 am »

You don't get the following lines anywhere?

Code: [Select]
DFHack is ready. Have a nice day!
Type in '?' or 'help' for general help, 'ls' to see all commands.
[DFHack]#

If not, do you get anything in a file called stderr.log?

I get that ERROR line too, but it still works; I suspect the error comes from the setarch command, which isn't really supposed to load that library anyway - and can't on a 64-bit system.

P.S. Also, there isn't a dfhack build that would work with both 34.03 and 34.02 - one of the major data structures changed slightly, so they are incompatible. 34.04 data structures on the other hand are identical to 34.03.

I should've been more clear, I tried the different versions of dfhack on both versions of dwarf fortress, sorry.

Also nope, I don't get those lines. Upon further observation I'm dumb and unpacked dfhack in the respective wrong folders. :D

Disregard this please. Thanks anyways!

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #668 on: February 29, 2012, 09:35:14 am »

i noticed when exporting dwarves that the mental attributes ordering has changed. the new order is (by order of offsets):
analytical ability, focus, willpower, creativity, intuition, patience, memory, linguistic ability, spatial sense, musicality, kinesthetic sense, empathy, social awareness

on a side note, tell me your secret to finding the cur_year offset! :D

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #669 on: February 29, 2012, 10:16:39 am »

on a side note, tell me your secret to finding the cur_year offset! :D
That one's actually quite easy: find the vtable for history_event_collectionst and check the 2nd-last method in it (the last one is the destructor) - it sets one field to the current year and another field to the current time.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 29, 2012, 11:04:13 am »

okay with the new adv-bodyswap you can switch to your companions... or force switch into someone you talk to.
bad news you can't switch into someone unless you learn their name first.
even worst is that you can't amass an army of peasants even when it seems you're previous character is following you.

so just as a warning this is a companion body swap to solve the issue of switching items around.
Not a basic Dfusion bodyswap where you can jump into a body of an random elephant.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 29, 2012, 12:10:55 pm »

So I logged on this morning to find a new version of DF.  I was excited, but worried about having to wait to update mods and utilities, so I got to work updating my own mod.  When I was done with that, I shrugged my shoulders depressingly as I knew that I would have to wait for DFhack and DwarfTherapist to be updated so that I could play again.  I decided to get on the forums for a while...

...Only to find that both DFhack and DT had already been updated.

TL;DR - I fuckin' love you guys.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 29, 2012, 12:35:24 pm »

From Toady's explanation, .04 appears to be a very small tweak concerning woldgen and image exports.  I would imagine that the entire "get DFHack to work" would be to update the version number and let it loose.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: DFHack 0.34.04 r1
« Reply #673 on: February 29, 2012, 04:04:13 pm »

* peterix just updated the first post with a build that has 0.34.04 support included.

No more need for downloading xml files :)

From Toady's explanation, .04 appears to be a very small tweak concerning woldgen and image exports.  I would imagine that the entire "get DFHack to work" would be to update the version number and let it loose.
Yes. Only a tiny bit of code changed. The memory layout was not affected.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.04 r1
« Reply #674 on: February 29, 2012, 05:04:01 pm »

Yes. Only a tiny bit of code changed. The memory layout was not affected.
Dude, shut up!  You should be milking this!

YES, KIND FORUMDWELLERS!  GATHER ROUND AND HEAR THE TALE OF MIGHTY PETERIX AND HIS LEGION OF DFHACK BRETHREN! TIRELESSLY THEY TOIL FOR LONG HOURS INTO THE NIGHT TO BRING YOU THIS LATEST AND GREATEST OF UPDATES!  THOUSANDS OF HOURS AND TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS SPENT TO BRING YOU THIS INCONCEIVABLE FEAT OF SOFTWARE MANIPULATION!
where is up?
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 373