Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1404392 times)

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.10 r1
« Reply #1785 on: June 09, 2012, 04:41:18 am »

You love me yet, forum? You love me yet? :)

-Edit-

If you tweakmigrant a foreign trader, will they join your fort?

No. But you can do "makeown". fixmigrant only works on your own guys still having the trader tags I think.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: June 11, 2012, 06:20:55 am »

Open up DF to a nice fortress you got going. In DFhack, type 'mode set'. It'll then give you a set of numbers:
0- Fortress Mode
1- Adventurer mode
2- Arena Mode
3- Arena Mode possessing creature
And a couple others. Type in '2'. Then hold your cursor in DF over the desired unit. Use standard Arena controls to possess the unit, I believe its 'k' then 'a' or maybe just 'a'. Then, go back to DFhack, type 'mode set' '1'. You lost a fortress, gained an adventurer. Don't talk to the dieties, save your fortress in a seperate file from the whole game so you can restore it later. And Adept and Candy doesn't mean a lame ass bowgoblin won't just RUIN your whole day.

this is old way. there a better way to switch between fort mode and adventure mode. it just that you need to save into it.

Open up DF to a nice fortress you got going. In DFhack, type 'mode set'. It'll then give you a set of numbers:
0- Fortress Mode
1- Adventurer mode
2- Arena Mode
3- Arena Mode possessing creature
And a couple others.go into the Esc menu in dwarf fortress don't do anything yet. go back to Dfhack and Type in '1'. back to Dwarf fort you notice the menu changed, this is good now either A)save and reload into adventure mode B) retire*/kill the random unknown adventurer Then hold your cursor in DF over the desired unit. Use standard Arena controls to possess the unit, I believe its 'k' then 'a' or maybe just 'a'. Then, go back to DFhack, type 'mode set' '1'. You lost control a fortress, gained an Buggy adventurer. Don't talk to the dieties, save your fortress in a seperate file from the whole game so you can restore it laterfor other reasons like coming back to the site means you need to do the same thing again but you need dfusion to check the flag "is resident" on all citizens if you want to get them back. And Adept and Candy doesn't mean a lame ass bowgoblin won't just RUIN your whole day.

*now since Warmist made it so you can retire as anybody you can retire the fort just by selecting a person as an adventurer then doing the steps up to the choice of saving or retiring/killing(which will say you can retire instead of starving to death) retiring the fort means you have a custom build mountain home filled with dwarves and what ever you had in the area and can be double as an adventure home. I have a thread in Adventure mode that talks all about this. I REALLLY REALLY hope someone modify that help page to update the correct way to do it(for those to not lose out of a fort and end up causing every one in the site to go apeshit and lose saving(?)).

edit: looks like Corai going through what I did back when Dfusion had it's body swapping functions.

also there an easier way to grab tons of companions if you go into dfusion.
hell you can pick up random animals, pets, wild life with the function and slightly better than using Adv-bodyswap trick.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 06:35:26 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Thorik

• Bay Watcher
  • Inspector of Conspicuous Cheeto Consumption
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: June 11, 2012, 06:51:58 am »

does this work with 34.11 yet?
I like sushi.

dangerPhil

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: June 11, 2012, 07:30:02 am »

Nope, as it says in the starting thread: supported up to version 34.10.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: June 11, 2012, 09:34:54 am »

The official version hasn't been updated to 34.11 yet but there is the a updated symbol.xml which allows it to work in the latest version of DF.

https://raw.github.com/angavrilov/df-structures/master/symbols.xml

So far I haven't noticed any problems, though I have only used drybuckets and fixmigrant so far.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: June 11, 2012, 10:33:00 am »

The official version hasn't been updated to 34.11 yet but there is the a updated symbol.xml which allows it to work in the latest version of DF.

So far I haven't noticed any problems, though I have only used drybuckets and fixmigrant so far.

it works with fixmigrants? GAH *Goes to update his df*
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

ydaraishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: June 11, 2012, 10:38:26 am »

I just get "invalid os-type" error and it shuts off, even though the code suggests it should work.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: June 11, 2012, 10:55:12 am »

erm, Yeah you need to erase the OSX info at the end it seems.
Took me 3 tries before i worked out exactly what makes up a whole template. Basically erase everything from "insert apple logo"  to where it says "<!-- end osx --> including these 2 tags. " Make sure you DO NOT ERASE the last line where it says "
</data-definition>

<!--
Local Variables:
indent-tabs-mode: nil
nxml-child-indent: 4
End:
-->
"
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: June 11, 2012, 10:55:52 am »

I just get "invalid os-type" error and it shuts off, even though the code suggests it should work.

You need to edit the xml to remove the symbol tables for the other os-types, I think.

erm, Yeah you need to erase the OSX info at the end it seems.
Took me 3 tries before i worked out exactly what makes up a whole template. Basically erase everything from "insert apple logo"  to where it says "<!-- end osx -->" make sure you DO NOT ERASE the last line where it says "
</data-definition>

<!--
Local Variables:
indent-tabs-mode: nil
nxml-child-indent: 4
End:
-->
"

Get notepad++, never look back when editing text. Really, download it and open the xml, you'll see what I mean.( Also works perfectly with RAW editing as well )
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 10:57:38 am by caddybear »

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: June 11, 2012, 11:10:56 am »

Get notepad++, never look back when editing text. Really, download it and open the xml, you'll see what I mean.( Also works perfectly with RAW editing as well )

More than perfectly. The 'find in files' function is a !!godsend!! in combination with the workflows utility.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: June 11, 2012, 11:13:04 am »

Still fairly new winblows install so i haven't got all the good stuff installed yet, forgot about notepadplus.
Actually i just opened it in my browser so i could get a good look at the actual table structure, then edited it in notepad.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: June 11, 2012, 01:04:50 pm »

Still fairly new winblows install so i haven't got all the good stuff installed yet, forgot about notepadplus.
Actually i just opened it in my browser so i could get a good look at the actual table structure, then edited it in notepad.
try out http://ninite.com for setting up a new machine.
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: June 11, 2012, 01:07:53 pm »

Pah, all that stuff'll be obsolete by the time i have to reinstall again *hopefully*
Actually yeah theres about a dozen things there i still need, i'll bookmark the page and add a note on my random utilities/reinstall disk.

Thorik

• Bay Watcher
  • Inspector of Conspicuous Cheeto Consumption
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: June 11, 2012, 01:23:46 pm »

Ty MarcAFK and guy who gave me the new xml link I got it to work :D
I like sushi.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: June 11, 2012, 07:06:35 pm »

There's people saying that with the xml it works... it's true then?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 373