Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1404451 times)

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #3225 on: March 14, 2013, 11:58:36 pm »

holy crap this is fantastic - well done all!! i am salivating at the possibilities... meph, whatcha cookin? =D
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: March 15, 2013, 01:04:51 am »

Wait, wait wait. Are you saying that we can summon off-site units to the currently loaded map!?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3227 on: March 15, 2013, 02:39:23 am »

Its not the lack of interest, just the lack of knowledge. I cant mod for it, since I dont play it. I honestly didnt knew that you can dig in adv mode. My question is of course for fort mode, could a reaction summon a creature? If yes, I can clean up my old, unrelyable summoning system.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: March 15, 2013, 03:51:39 am »

Learn it! At the very least, get someone else to do it for you!

...hmm

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: March 15, 2013, 04:36:32 am »

Its not the lack of interest, just the lack of knowledge. I cant mod for it, since I dont play it. I honestly didnt knew that you can dig in adv mode. My question is of course for fort mode, could a reaction summon a creature? If yes, I can clean up my old, unrelyable summoning system.
There are some limitations: first i have no idea how complete the unit is. Second it has no nemesis record/hist fig  (for fort mode it does not matter much... except it cannot be a squad member, take any positions, etc...).

this is Wip creature spawning it has some todo (mostly important the death time from old age is one year from creation)

btw one important thing that might be missed while reading readme or lua api help: dfhack now automatically runs init.lua in raws folder. That means that each mod can have it's own lua scripts. see here for examples.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 04:48:07 am by Warmist »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3230 on: March 15, 2013, 05:55:42 am »

Creatures in fort mode become historical figures automatically after the created a masterwork item, or killed a creature. Hugo_the_dwarf did a lot of testing in that regard, with transformed pet offspring into slave caste civ members. Anyway, this is no big concern, I am mostly aiming at pets. Could this be used to create pets in a reaction?

@Putnam: Between the mod, kobolds, the gui, the manual, and the tileset/sprites... I dont even have enough time for all that, so adv. mode is far, far away.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 05:57:18 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: March 15, 2013, 11:00:29 am »

Summoning units is possible in Fort mode as well adventure mode, though I also say  companion order is also a fort mode script in only if you designate a "hero" unit and assign Companions to said "Hero"
though currently no way to have historical units pop up unless you Sleep/fast travel.

also Meph don't worry about Adventure mode... with advfort a person could just custom build any work shop they want from either 3 fractions.
So if a blood crazed Adventurer was a skull throne made from his enemies or a Ork boss pole, or a kobold tinker shop, or a summoning shrine to transform their selves into a Fire breathing web shooting Daemon spider, they could do that... though changing into a Daemon Spider is restricted to Dwarves so best to bring a buddy.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3232 on: March 15, 2013, 11:08:12 am »

If summoning units works in fort mode, how would I go about this?

Currently I transform dwarves into a creature that drops a bodyparts, which is resurrected and then transformed into the new creature. This creature is "friendly", its no member of the civ, and no pet. I cant give these creatures any commands.

It would be great if I could just run the reaction and the creature instantly spawns on location, with possible selections of being civ-members, pets, friendlies, or hostiles.

Edit: I also stumbled upon another question I have. I am using autosyndrome to balance reactions atm. Transforming the worker works without fail. Transforming a pet pastured on the workshop works as well. I only have one problem, which is not really big, but I wanted to ask anyway.

If I station 1 pet, autosyndrome will target it and add the syndrome. GOOD.
If I station 10 pets, autosyndrome will target one and add the syndrome. GOOD.
The other 9 pets are hit by the boiling cloud with a syndrome, and might get affected anyway. BAD.

The point is that people can exploit the reaction by pasturing more then one pet (or dwarf in case of the golem/turret/landmine reactions) and transform more then one creature. The question is: Can this be fixed somehow? It is not really important, if people want to cheat a little, they can/will do that. But it would be nicer if it would be limited to one single creature. Deleting the boiling rock before the cloud spreads would be an option for example.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 11:34:56 am by Meph »

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #3233 on: March 15, 2013, 11:53:57 am »

except it cannot be a squad member, take any positions, etc...

Ah, thank you very much. For the last week I couldn't figure out why the units I stole with a take-unit script I'm working on were able to do jobs but I could not assign them to the military.

I'll extend that with a general question: Has anybody else written a take-unit script/plugin? That is, a script that allows you to add, say, a merchant dwarf to your fort. If so, please direct me to it.
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: March 15, 2013, 01:26:14 pm »

Meph: check out the source (autosyndrome.cpp) in the github. It gives an example of a boiling stone that works on the unit that does the reaction only.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: March 15, 2013, 01:28:12 pm »

The latest DFHack build for OS X is now available. This build officially supports 10.6-10.8, and includes a working Stonesense.

It can be downloaded from http://topazgryphon.org/df/df_osx_hack.zip.

Once I tidy up a few loose ends, I will bug Peterix to pull my most recent changes into his Github repo so that those wishing to build an OS X build themselves can do so easily. (This will also include the minor tweaks necessary to get it to build on 10.6.)

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: March 15, 2013, 02:48:26 pm »

Edit: I also stumbled upon another question I have. I am using autosyndrome to balance reactions atm. Transforming the worker works without fail. Transforming a pet pastured on the workshop works as well. I only have one problem, which is not really big, but I wanted to ask anyway.

The other 9 pets are hit by the boiling cloud with a syndrome, and might get affected anyway. BAD.

FoE mod has a work-around for this. I think. It uses a chain of syndromes and interaction.

Basically the upgrade cloud / drink works for the Dwarf (Pony, but that's beside the point.) (It is restricted to just the pony race.), giving her an interaction that can be used exactly once before it times out. The interaction targets a creature of type chicken and transforms it into a robot indefinitely. It works, but is quite complex.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3237 on: March 15, 2013, 02:55:34 pm »

@both Putnam and Maklak: I know how to affect the worker only, or how to use an interaction. That works without problem. Its just that I want to target one single creature inside the workshop that is not the worker by using autosyndrome. I just wanted to know if that is possible. :) More a... design improvement suggestion for the script.

But thanks for reminding me of the FAllout Equestria trick. I read about it a while ago, but I didnt think of it just now. Guess I have to rewrite a lot of reactions ;)

My question about fortress-mode creature summoning still stands though. ;) Sorry to pester everyone so much, but this release warrants so many raw changes for me, its overwhelming.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 02:57:08 pm by Meph »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: March 15, 2013, 03:35:23 pm »

If summoning units works in fort mode, how would I go about this?

Currently I transform dwarves into a creature that drops a bodyparts, which is resurrected and then transformed into the new creature. This creature is "friendly", its no member of the civ, and no pet. I cant give these creatures any commands. it's not friendly in Adventure mode and will strike you down

It would be great if I could just run the reaction and the creature instantly spawns on location, with possible selections of being civ-members, pets, friendlies, or hostiles.

The point is that people can exploit the reaction by pasturing more then one pet (or dwarf in case of the golem/turret/landmine reactions) and transform more then one creature. The question is: Can this be fixed somehow? It is not really important, if people want to cheat a little, they can/will do that. But it would be nicer if it would be limited to one single creature. Deleting the boiling rock before the cloud spreads would be an option for example.
Eh with dfhack you could just run a reaction that will implant one animal. That way you can do away with Gas syndrome contamination. 

also my old files had an adventure reaction that called into a gui menu which then ran the spawn unit script.
you can make any reaction a lua hook trigger even workshop related ones, though you need to add more to the script like setting the pos, on the building pos, or the unit who using the building pos, or set up a spawn portal that will summon any type of unit.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3239 on: March 15, 2013, 03:54:22 pm »

Rumrusher, you must be mistaken, because I clearly cannot do this. Otherwise I would have long done so. ;)

Why... I am so confused right now. How can you casually strutt in here, say "yep, you could just spawn an animal, no problem", while every modder ever, has been running around in circles trying to do just that? Its like the holy grail of modding, creating new creatures. An unachieved holy grail I might add, no one has been able to do this. Its just beyond the scope of modding, outside of our grasp.
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 373