Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1403446 times)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #5400 on: April 04, 2014, 05:25:01 pm »

Well if anyone is interested the idea is very simple, replace ALL reads to <current race> with a function call. The implementation could be better...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: April 04, 2014, 07:52:59 pm »

The idea's simple, but how many reads to <current race> are there, anyway?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: April 05, 2014, 02:25:03 am »

Oh okay i lied a bit, here is how it works:
usually ( about 90%?) you would have a "mov REG, [address to current race]" and after some time "cmp REG,[struct offset+0x8c]". This is the load/compare from units race. And i replace only if the second one is close. In my df (windows) it replaces 84 such places. Main drawback is that it does not discriminate and might miss some of more optimized places (e.g. load to reg, move to other register, then compare) or if it passes as a param to function (then the compare is far away from load). The non discriminating part usually accounts for unintended behaviour (like changing icons to @ or having to burry the goblins as dwarfs etc...).

Duefaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: April 05, 2014, 08:08:26 pm »

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with Advfort. (Or me just being an idiot. Regardless, I need help.) Whenever I try to make a few certain workshop and furnace buildings, and I alt-move into them while I have supplies nearby, nothing happens.

For example, I mined down to Adamantine and magma level, mined some Adamantine, and now I want to smelt it. I have some rocks to build with, even a log I pulled down here just in case, but no matter how many times I press alt+direction towards the magma smelter marker nothing happens. I've built loads (like 9) workshops, so I think I've got the "technique" down. There's a 3x3 area with magma tiles near it. Do I need more materials? Is it bugged?

This also happens with wood furnaces, siege workshops, (although with that, my character takes a log and uses it, but doesn't do anything else. I believe I had rocks nearby.) and a few more I've forgotten about because that was like yesterday before I went to sleep.

So, in essence, I need halp building stouf.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: April 05, 2014, 08:12:13 pm »

Logs aren't fire-safe, so they won't be used in a smelter or furnace.

What type of stone did you have? If it is an economic stone it may be ignored.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: April 05, 2014, 09:13:47 pm »

you also need to have the items on the ground, or
'hauling' and not in your backpack.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Duefaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: April 05, 2014, 09:44:23 pm »

They're on the ground. I have granite and hematite. What rocks would be suitable?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: April 05, 2014, 09:56:10 pm »

They're on the ground. I have granite and hematite. What rocks would be suitable?

Non-economic stones. Here are economic stones.

Metal ores and coal bearing stones are also considered economic. Basically any stone that has a use is economic.

And they must be magma-safe if you want a magma smelter.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 10:01:08 pm by BlackFlyme »

Duefaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: April 05, 2014, 10:23:30 pm »

Non-economic stones. Here are economic stones.

Metal ores and coal bearing stones are also considered economic. Basically any stone that has a use is economic.

And they must be magma-safe if you want a magma smelter.

Well, I mined a few Gabbro rocks. According to the list they're magma safe, and are not on the economic list. But I still can't build. Is there some sort of skill prerequisite or something?

To be clear I'm setting this up correctly: I'm on a layer consisting of a floor of blue Dense Floor Tiles, and a few Granite Cavern Floors where I cleared an area next to magma to put the smelter.

To the right of the edge of the floor which I'm building on (nothing in between) there are red 7s, which are listed as "Open space" when using the look key.

After CTRL+T Building the start marker thing, it shows a little grey area 3x3, which I assume is the area it occupies, because that's how it worked with the others.

I align the 3x3 with the last 3 right tiles of the floor (by being on the 4th tile away and alt moving right after selecting "magmasmelter" under the furnaces menu) then, with the magma safe and non economic stone gabbro nearby, I alt move into the unfinished smelter as done with all other buildings I've done so far.

Nothing happens.

It seems to acknowledge it's an unfinished building because it doesn't say "Can only do on buildings that haven't been finished" or something along those lines.

Do I lack materials and it just doesn't say?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: April 05, 2014, 10:38:55 pm »

It can't be needing more than just the one building material. I'm not quite sure what it could be then.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: April 06, 2014, 09:59:58 am »

when in doubt bust out "c- advfort" and build it anyway,
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Geldrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: April 06, 2014, 01:00:03 pm »

Greetings modsters!

I'm asking you for help regarding the dfusion plugin.
I used it to heal some dwarves with minor injuries that otherways cannot be threated with the medic script (it seems injured dwarves get out of the hospital as soon as they can stand up, not careing about their own broken fingers and such...)
Accidentally, I applied the powerup instead of the healing, and now I have a perfect dwarf running around the fort, claiming the previous mayor's position, and so on. I found it too hackish for my playstyle, but I'm not familiar with lua.

Could you help me undo this tremendous experience gain?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: April 06, 2014, 01:09:14 pm »

Easiest way would just to have an accident happen to him during a time when most of your dwarves are happy.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5413 on: April 06, 2014, 02:29:45 pm »

Is there any common reason why dfhack wouldn't be able to load stonesesne .png files? I have an issue where stonesense keeps crashing because it usually can't load the .png for tracks, and this problem persists even with entirely new installations of DFhack and stonesense.

snjwffl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: April 06, 2014, 05:26:33 pm »

I'm having some trouble with the "drainaquifer" command.  I ran the command, and it cleared the majority of the aquifer flags on my embark, but there are still a number of aquifer tiles left (the "probe" command lists "water_table = Y" on said tiles).  Running the command again didn't work (I even tried having my cursor in different places, in case the issue was due to my multi-biome embark).  In addition, it seems that tiletypes and liquids can do stuff with aquifers, but I can't for the life of me figure out how.
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 373