Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 456816 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 03:55:00 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

oh hey time to see if it's possible to be a massive evil mofo outsider and Still be able to retire in Dark ages.
probably not but it hopes to be optimistic...
you probably should change the wood requirement from battleaxe to sharp object if one thinks about keeping the axe to wood interaction.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

The Mighty Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Mead Enthusiast
    • View Profile

Hey I generally love this mod but I have a few questions:
1. Are there any ways to try and reduce the chance of crashes when generating worlds?
2. Is there any way to speed up or bypass the generation when trying to generate the 'year 999,999' world. I doubt there is but I'd like to try it out and have never gotten all the way because I've given up and it takes forever.

Nevertheless I love the mod and all the extra stuff it adds, keep up the great work.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

oh hey time to see if it's possible to be a massive evil mofo outsider and Still be able to retire in Dark ages.
probably not but it hopes to be optimistic...
you probably should change the wood requirement from battleaxe to sharp object if one thinks about keeping the axe to wood interaction.

Sounds fun. I will take a look at changing that to sharp object.

Hey I generally love this mod but I have a few questions:
1. Are there any ways to try and reduce the chance of crashes when generating worlds?
2. Is there any way to speed up or bypass the generation when trying to generate the 'year 999,999' world. I doubt there is but I'd like to try it out and have never gotten all the way because I've given up and it takes forever.

Nevertheless I love the mod and all the extra stuff it adds, keep up the great work.

Thank you!

1) Mmm. For release [v32] I have had very few world gen problems using the default Ironhand tileset in the Start Pack. Even fewer using the stand alone ASCII version. I recommend that you gen worlds using default Ironhand in the Start Pack if you haven't been. If you have, try downloading the ASCII stand alone version to generate your worlds then move your saves to the Start Pack for tileset switching.

2) A super fast single processor CPU or virtual machine will help speed things along to 999,999. ;) You could also set it to run before sleep time. I do plan to post some old worlds I've generated eventually.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 04:47:17 pm by GM-X »

Forwe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My antivirus said it found a Trojan Virus inside the "Dwarf Mockup" folder. Is it just overprotective, or is there something wrong with the file?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just realized the craft items accept any logs even the ones you chop down with the vanilla hand axe.
so it's possible to make a craft hammer after you make a handaxe and find a tree to fell.  if only we can make a 'Ladle'
"body swapping and YOU!"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

My antivirus said it found a Trojan Virus inside the "Dwarf Mockup" folder. Is it just overprotective, or is there something wrong with the file?

It's overprotective.

Galthromir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Is there any way to disable certain races? I love 99% of the mod, but am not a huge fan of the legendary dwarves. Any idea what raw stuff I would need to mess with to prevent them from spawning without blowing everything up?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

I just realized the craft items accept any logs even the ones you chop down with the vanilla hand axe.
so it's possible to make a craft hammer after you make a handaxe and find a tree to fell.  if only we can make a 'Ladle'

I don't think ladles are required for any adventure crafting presently. Wanderers uses them for wood crafting I think. What do you want one for? They appear to be present in the raws, so let me know if I'm missing something.

Is there any way to disable certain races? I love 99% of the mod, but am not a huge fan of the legendary dwarves. Any idea what raw stuff I would need to mess with to prevent them from spawning without blowing everything up?

One reason to leave them in though, even if you don't play them, is they increase the probability that Dwarfs survive deep into history. They have few civilizations so they should be avoidable.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 03:19:02 pm by GM-X »

DaSwayza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey I'm having a huge problem with visitors coming in and toppling my statues and instruments (at least so far that's all they have toppled). I've shown them the !!DOOR!! but more come and more continue to do the same. Can I stop this, is it a bug, or what? BTW they will go out of their way to do so, even outside locations.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Really enjoying the mod, btw - first Old One had me shitting myself!

Is it normal that Legendary Dwarf visitors to my tavern/temple keep knocking down all my statues, archery targets and instruments??

Hey I'm having a huge problem with visitors coming in and toppling my statues and instruments (at least so far that's all they have toppled). I've shown them the !!DOOR!! but more come and more continue to do the same. Can I stop this, is it a bug, or what? BTW they will go out of their way to do so, even outside locations.

Roughly what percentage of your visitors are vandals? It sounds like they are mischievous. Which can happen due to secrets, curses, or evil weather. Let me know what type of creatures are doing this. It may be interesting to read the trouble makers bio and histories.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 02:46:50 pm by GM-X »

DaSwayza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was mostly dwarves who vandalized, with one human and one goblin. I recorded 20 individual instances, the vandals would take out all instruments and statues on the map, my hammerer would dispense justice, then maybe a couple of in game days after punishment, they would do it again. However, there were other visitors that came that didn't vandalize, I believe 2/3 behaved. But there was always constantly one on the map tearing things down. Sorry for the long winded answer

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile

Does this have playable elves? Is that why it's called rise of the dark elf?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

It was mostly dwarves who vandalized, with one human and one goblin. I recorded 20 individual instances, the vandals would take out all instruments and statues on the map, my hammerer would dispense justice, then maybe a couple of in game days after punishment, they would do it again. However, there were other visitors that came that didn't vandalize, I believe 2/3 behaved. But there was always constantly one on the map tearing things down. Sorry for the long winded answer

I strongly suspect they are cursed or evil magic users of some sort. Could be a bad neighborhood I suppose. I will look into this further before releasing [v33].     

Dark Elves are a non-playable evil civilization. But playable adventurers. They are one of the more powerful humanoid races now.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I strongly suspect they are cursed or evil magic users of some sort. Could be a bad neighborhood I suppose. I will look into this further before releasing [v33].     

Dark Elves are a non-playable evil civilization. But playable adventurers. They are one of the more powerful humanoid races now.

wait they're powerful? darn I really should have dip into them instead of trying to figure out a way to retire this reanimator oh well maybe next update.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 92