Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1184 1185 [1186] 1187 1188 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1821996 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #17775 on: June 03, 2017, 06:31:25 pm »

Nah it's a single incident spread out over 3 locations
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17776 on: June 06, 2017, 09:59:16 pm »

Had a dream that I got in a major cussing shitfight with a supervisor at work. Since the dream was very realistic and ended with me going to bed I spent like twenty minutes awake in bed, dreading I was going to be fired over an argument I had made up in my sleep.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17777 on: June 06, 2017, 10:38:27 pm »

tories winning the GE tomorrow.

get out and vote you fucks.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #17778 on: June 07, 2017, 01:28:59 pm »

You'd prefer Labour?

Personally, I will be going out to vote. You might not like where it's cast, though :P

(To be fair, nor will I. I hate the DUP.)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17779 on: June 07, 2017, 05:01:49 pm »

cross posted from life advice
So if anybody followed the generic computer advice thread, they may have known that my mom's email account was hacked. We resolved it thankfully but it seems like the con-men have struck again.

This time I got a phone call from a mysterious phone number. It was 00-0000

I was an idiot and decided to pick it up. I didn't hear anything so I said "Hello?, no answer so I then said "I can't hear you".

I then got a response...

It was one of the creepiest voices I ever heard. It was this deliberately uncanny computerized female voice and it said "Good bye."

I then immediately hung up because it was clear that some shady shit was going on. Now I wonder, have I fallen into the trap of yet another scam? If so, what should I do about this one?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17780 on: June 07, 2017, 05:21:26 pm »

Report it to the police. They probably can't do anything for it happened only once, but if it has any consequences or happens again, at least they'll have taken prior notes from your report.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17781 on: June 07, 2017, 08:30:14 pm »

cross posted from life advice
So if anybody followed the generic computer advice thread, they may have known that my mom's email account was hacked. We resolved it thankfully but it seems like the con-men have struck again.

This time I got a phone call from a mysterious phone number. It was 00-0000

I was an idiot and decided to pick it up. I didn't hear anything so I said "Hello?, no answer so I then said "I can't hear you".

I then got a response...

It was one of the creepiest voices I ever heard. It was this deliberately uncanny computerized female voice and it said "Good bye."

I then immediately hung up because it was clear that some shady shit was going on. Now I wonder, have I fallen into the trap of yet another scam? If so, what should I do about this one?
Why does that sound like the plot of a shitty movie. next its going to be coming from inside the house.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17782 on: June 07, 2017, 08:42:07 pm »

I can't deny that it does sound cheesy as hell, but I still have the number in my call history. I can prove it.

Now that I've had some time to calm down though, it's probably just some creep trying to freek people out. There's are several entire reddit threads filled with posts like these from other victims (and people pretending to be victims) of these kinds of people.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17783 on: June 07, 2017, 08:44:47 pm »

Yeah I would definitively report it if possible if I were you.
Just don't call them back. Many people over these past weeks here in Sweden, have lost money because they called back to these kind of phone calls.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 08:47:40 pm by Ultimuh »

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17784 on: June 09, 2017, 04:31:29 pm »

Just so you know, for the weird phone calls that say goodbye. They are actually automated calling bots for call centers who want to sell you somthing. They phone a bunch of people to supply to the call center and when all the people who are working at the call center are busy it gives you that creepy result. Basically it just drops you from what ever system it had you holding in.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17785 on: June 09, 2017, 04:48:09 pm »

Thanks, nice to know that. Doesn't change the fact that they need a better voice synthesizer but at least now I know that I don't need to call the police.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17786 on: June 09, 2017, 05:27:38 pm »

Thought I'd go to bed early today. Just woke up to helicopters flying low over my hood. Turn on the internets. Aparently there's been a terrorist threat in my hometown, at a Guus Meeuwis concert. Nothing happened, just lots of police and helicopters. Tempted to call the police now to complain about low flying helicopters over a residential area at 0:30am.

EDIT: Dayum they be doing a true grid searach over my neighborhood with two choppers. I guess the terrorism suspects live in my neighborhood or something (wouldn't surprise me). Guess that'll be no sleep until they finish their search. Dat noise.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 05:34:31 pm by martinuzz »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17787 on: June 09, 2017, 07:09:11 pm »

Police arrested a 29-year old man from Amsterdam, who is known to the intelligence agencies for having radicalized. He was behaving suspiciously near the Guus Meeuwis concert in the football stadium in Eindhoven; he was filming the crowd, and did not have a ticket to the concert. Police report the situation is under control. Fire services and ambulances had deployed en masse at the football stadium, but this was just a precaution.
The helicopters stopped scaring the cats as well.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17788 on: June 09, 2017, 07:11:08 pm »

They have embedded journalism now? Damn, those Islamists are smart. Our Western terrorists can't hold a candle to that.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17789 on: June 09, 2017, 07:15:29 pm »

Embedded into the ceiling and walls, I'd wager.

I do think that police have downplayed the threat as much as they can to the media. That's kinda standard procedure over here. The fact that the entire fire and ambulance fleet of the city was deployed, and helicopters even circled my neighborhood, which is on completely the other side of the city as the football stadium, does strongly hint at intelligence expecting something more serious than just a guy filming a crowd.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 07:19:27 pm by martinuzz »

Pages: 1 ... 1184 1185 [1186] 1187 1188 ... 1419