Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1561677 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: Capitalism and murder
« Reply #2625 on: June 13, 2015, 08:59:54 pm »

This is the most sighing I've ever done reading a thread page
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: June 13, 2015, 10:09:15 pm »

Spoiler: Oh gods... (click to show/hide)
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2627 on: June 13, 2015, 10:18:35 pm »

Playing a ranked match against some pretty decent players in Speedrunners, and then suddenly, lag (maybe caused by having my music player going on in the background and changing tracks). Now the game takes place outside the map, and a new game is formed: "Who's Timing is Better?". Time your (double-)jump so you are the last to fall off screen. The grand equalizer; also made one of the players less whiney while at it.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2628 on: June 14, 2015, 04:28:27 am »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: June 14, 2015, 10:39:32 am »

I want this soap.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: June 14, 2015, 10:59:02 am »

Who actually is the community of Yahoo Answers? A decent portion believe in astrology, more than half say that Ouija boards will for real make you be haunted by ghosts and demons, and they can't even do dank memes properly.

I AM YAHOO ANSWERS
just looking at the yahoo answers feed its half liberal-communist-Obama-oppression conspiracy ranting and half really weird questions about creepy things.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2631 on: June 14, 2015, 11:36:50 am »

Who actually is the community of Yahoo Answers? A decent portion believe in astrology, more than half say that Ouija boards will for real make you be haunted by ghosts and demons, and they can't even do dank memes properly.

I AM YAHOO ANSWERS
just looking at the yahoo answers feed its half liberal-communist-Obama-oppression conspiracy ranting and half really weird questions about creepy things.
I have a game we can play: "Naive Child, Immature (Possibly Uneducated) Adult, or Troll?", guess what Yahoo Q&A's are made by who(m). Considering even little kids have smartphones these days, it's likely these are not adults or teens asking; but equally likely they (sadly) are.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 11:41:28 am by Itnetlolor »

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: June 14, 2015, 11:50:07 am »

Latest developments in post-factual speculative philosophistry:

Hyperobjects

In The Ecological Thought, Morton introduced the concept of hyperobjects to describe objects that are so massively distributed in time and space as to transcend spatiotemporal specificity, such as global warming, styrofoam, and radioactive plutonium.[31] He has subsequently enumerated five characteristics of hyperobjects:

1. Viscous: Hyperobjects adhere to any other object they touch, no matter how hard an object tries to resist. In this way, hyperobjects overrule ironic distance, meaning that the more an object tries to resist a hyperobject, the more glued to the hyperobject it becomes.[32]
    2. Molten: Hyperobjects are so massive that they refute the idea that spacetime is fixed, concrete, and consistent.[33]
   3. Nonlocal: Hyperobjects are massively distributed in time and space to the extent that their totality cannot be realized in any particular local manifestation. For example, global warming is a hyperobject that impacts meteorological conditions, such as tornado formation. According to Morton, though, objects don't feel global warming, but instead experience tornadoes as they cause damage in specific places. Thus, nonlocality describes the manner in which a hyperobject becomes more substantial than the local manifestations they produce.[34]
  4. Phased: Hyperobjects occupy a higher-dimensional space than other entities can normally perceive. Thus, hyperobjects appear to come and go in three-dimensional space, but would appear differently if an observer could have a higher multidimensional view.[35]
   5. Interobjective: Hyperobjects are formed by relations between more than one object. Consequently, objects are only able to perceive to the imprint, or "footprint," of a hyperobject upon other objects, revealed as information. For example, global warming is formed by interactions between the Sun, fossil fuels, and carbon dioxide, among other objects. Yet, global warming is made apparent through emissions levels, temperature changes, and ocean levels, making it seem as if global warming is a product of scientific models, rather than an object that predated its own measurement.[36]

According to Morton, hyperobjects not only become visible during an age of ecological crisis, but alert humans to the ecological dilemmas defining the age in which they live.[37] Additionally, the existential capacity of hyperobjects to outlast a turn toward less materialistic cultural values, coupled with the threat many such objects pose toward organic matter (what Morton calls a "demonic inversion of the sacred substances of religion"), gives them a potential spiritual quality, in which their treatment by future societies may become indistinguishable from reverential care.[38]

Poe r8ing: 88/8. Virtually indistinguishable from parody.   

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: June 14, 2015, 03:32:16 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: June 14, 2015, 10:34:10 pm »

Going through an old "Gems and Minerals" magazine, and the first paragraph of an article starts like this:

"Last month the authors reported on midwestern geodes and the similarity of their characteristics to echinoderm fossils. This led to the postulation of a theory that geodes may have been formed by fossilization of echinoderms. But further evidence was needed. Here is the report on their travels to many geode collecting sights and the results of those trips."

They were certainly tripping on something back in July 1967. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: June 14, 2015, 11:07:57 pm »

Spoiler: Bob the Angry Flower (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 11:40:59 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: June 14, 2015, 11:10:58 pm »

You know... it sounds silly... but

I KIIND of would like to see a sort of analysis on how much those three wishes would do.

I mean yeah they are inefficient as heck but... I kind of wonder.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: June 14, 2015, 11:18:32 pm »

Free healthcare whenever I strip off my clothes? Hell yes.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: June 14, 2015, 11:22:56 pm »

There's probably a lot of overlap between the three anyway. While not everyone will get what they need, at least some will get all three. It is also worth noting that making sure a sick patient is well fed can go a long way to making sure they don't croak on you during recovery.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 879