Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2392784 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #7155 on: July 18, 2014, 03:44:11 pm »

Yeahhh made it in

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7156 on: July 18, 2014, 03:48:25 pm »

Also, HEY!  RADIO!  Would you mind if I made a page on the wiki that contains information on the various tinker projects that people make?  Just for ease of reference, so that people don't have to dig through threads to find things?

Nah, go for it. Know however, that we already have a tinker page: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Tinker  And that there is tinker stuff in the armory.

But if you'd prefer a separate page, you can, but be sure to link to it and to give it a clear and easy-to-use lay-out.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7157 on: July 18, 2014, 04:08:42 pm »

-snip-
Checking the history, Swordsmith did the vast majority of work on that page.  He's awesome and does most of the character maintnence and work on the wiki.

As far as how updated it is, you seem to have 43 stat points, and 11 skill points.  Considering Feyri's completed six missions, I'd expect her to have 50 stat points, and 23 skill points.  Maybe if you ask nicely PW'll let you invest those points somewhere?

I hardly do most of the work. And it isn't entirely selfless; I like to know what everybody has, in terms of stats and inventories, and I use the wiki as my own notes. But thanks. :)
And I screwed up the skills template transfer I did earlier. Fixed, now.

EDIT: Feyri's stats and skill points are slightly off from where they should be because she's missing a level up, and lost a few points from an imperfect revival after one of her missions. She has 5 missions worth of stat points, rather than six, and she has 7 missions worth of skill points, thanks to the timeskip on Hephaestus.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 04:37:21 pm by swordsmith04 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7158 on: July 18, 2014, 04:09:19 pm »

O_O
* Tiruin collapses in awe and wow thanks whoever did that.

Oh hey it still has my gift! ♥ AWESOME!
oh wow..team mom..I don't-...
oh wow.

HMM, 4 more missions huh.
And no stats to upkeep?
Awesome.
Checking the history, Swordsmith did the vast majority of work on that page.  He's awesome and does most of the character maintnence and work on the wiki.

As far as how updated it is, you seem to have 43 stat points, and 11 skill points.  Considering Feyri's completed six missions, I'd expect her to have 50 stat points, and 23 skill points.  Maybe if you ask nicely PW'll let you invest those points somewhere?

The Idiots in Space file has a more current version of her stats, actually, with close to the appropriate amount, if my math wasn't incorrect.

Sorry Baldman, but since we are already 3 men over the limit, I'm not sending the Chief. Mostly cause you already got to play on a mission recently.

Oh, think nothing of it. I was more interested in going for the 5 tokens and a bit of XP to recoup the mechanical losses - didn't think the Chief would be all that useful, given that she's Handiwork-based and only slightly proficient in Med and Uncon. Signed up mostly because I thought you'd take 10 people rather than 5, like back in the good old days of Mission 2.

Although there is that part that the mission I purportedly got to play on involved me making a single extremely poor roll, followed by forceful inactivity, followed by permadeath, similarly to Timmy's first and only outing, except where Timmy's... well, not demise, really, more of a relocation, made complete sense from a logical perspective, Stacy's death was just inexplicable insanity, overshot-forced idiocy and monstrously bad luck the whole way through. And that Magilla was in the Arctic Expedition as well, and technically survived intact (that is to say, able to act on his own) a bit longer.

And that paragraph feels more than a little bit passive-aggressive, which I feel I should point out is not the intention. Imagine a smiley at the end of it, one of those tongue-using types, for the intended effect, since, on the other hand, I get to RP more consistently and acquaint myself with the mysterious Fred, so I don't particularly mind, since, as mentioned, the Chief's not a character I intended to base much around missions (not to mention that Miyamoto wandering down a hallway, seeing a naked tribal lady with a loose grasp of Galactic Standard or Common or whatever conversing with a maintenance man while holding an overgrown mossy rock and deciding "that's the woman I need for my rescue operation!" makes little to no sense whatsoever).
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 04:18:14 pm by Harry Baldman »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7159 on: July 18, 2014, 04:37:07 pm »

And that Magilla was in the Arctic Expedition as well, and technically survived intact (that is to say, able to act on his own) a bit longer.

Crap, you're right, missed that somehow. Shiiiit. Sorry, completely looked over that, thought Magilla died earlier. Guess I could pull him off the mission, it'd be more fair. Unless you say you really don't mind that inconsistency?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7160 on: July 18, 2014, 04:39:45 pm »

And that Magilla was in the Arctic Expedition as well, and technically survived intact (that is to say, able to act on his own) a bit longer.

Crap, you're right, missed that somehow. Shiiiit. Sorry, completely looked over that, thought Magilla died earlier. Guess I could pull him off the mission, it'd be more fair. Unless you say you really don't mind that inconsistency?

I really don't mind. Like I said, it makes no sense IC for the Chief to be selected for that mission, nor does she have any appropriate equipment to speak of. Just a moss-covered rock, pretty much, and maybe a monorazor.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7161 on: July 18, 2014, 05:24:30 pm »

Ah, I was just about to buy some smoke grenades myself, good thinking.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7162 on: July 18, 2014, 06:15:26 pm »

Quote from: Radio Controlled
-briefing-
Nice how long did it take to make that?
Also: Yay reinforcements to get possessed for more teamkills help save us.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7163 on: July 18, 2014, 06:59:44 pm »

Wow thanks syvarris and Parisbre56 for all the Mk I suit info on the wiki. Finally i know what i am wearing!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7164 on: July 18, 2014, 09:48:10 pm »

Wow thanks syvarris and Parisbre56 for all the Mk I suit info on the wiki. Finally i know what i am wearing!
Eh, most of the stuff I put are data from my old Appearance Google Doc, so I can't take all the credit for my contribution.

I find the silence on the on ship thread disturbing. I really wish we had at lest some sort of vague plan, if we're going to drop tomorrow. And a threat assessment of the area, even a vague one. And some information about where we will be dropping and in how long. Because if we can choose where we can drop (because there are probably no defensive laser towers around there to throw off our targeting), then that could be an important part of the plan. Because I have a feeling that if we go in blind and unprepared, things will probably keep getting worse.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7165 on: July 18, 2014, 09:59:31 pm »

Just aim one of the pods at Faith/Morel and the other at Lerman or the police. Then step out of the pods and clean up the remaining mess.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7166 on: July 18, 2014, 10:05:06 pm »

Just aim one of the pods at Faith/Morel and the other at Lerman or the police. Then step out of the pods and clean up the remaining mess.
If we wanted to clean the mess, we'd just nuke it from orbit. I'm hoping we can fix the mess instead.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7167 on: July 18, 2014, 10:19:37 pm »

I'm a new DM, running a game called Guantlet: The Roll to Dodge. Any tips on that?
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7168 on: July 18, 2014, 10:20:56 pm »

I laughed my ass off that Vincent's role on the wiki is "Wanna be space bard" xD
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #7169 on: July 18, 2014, 10:26:01 pm »

(I've never played this before, but looks fun so I'm just going to hop in here. Could someone just do a quick explanation of how this works and why there are about 20 topics sub-related to this)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Here's hoping you actually see this...))

FYI, that thread is basically dead.  It used to be the mission thread, but since we got our own subforum, we've abandoned it in favor of individual threads for each mission.

Mostly, you want to watch OOC and on ship.  The former because it's where everyone talks, and the latter because that's where you'll be for now.

As far as understanding the game, the wiki has a nice article on exactly that.  Lots of other information is available on the wiki, so if you're curious about something, it can usually answer your question.  If it can't, feel free to ask in the OOC thread- There's usually someone online that can answer questions.

...Aaand as far as understanding why ER has it's own subforum, well, it used to be in the RTD forum.  Considering the fact that it had grown to three (maybe four?  Memory's iffy >.>) very active threads, which combined were larger than almost all other forum games, AND was continually growing even larger, people basically unanimously decided that it deserved it's own subforum.  For the full story, check the beginning of the OOC thread- it used to be the subforum discussion thread, but got repurposed.

Ever since, the number of threads has kind've exploded, mostly because there's room and it makes bookkeeping easier.  Most of them are dead, or only occasionally used, like the ER talk thread.

Edit: And what the hell, I made a page for your character.  Technically PW's supposed to vet it first, but it doesn't have any errors, so I doubt he wouldn't.  And I'd never beat Swordsmith if I waited.
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 2205