Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Dimensional Deathmatch XL: Dues to the dead.  (Read 11465 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Dimensional Deathmatch XL: Signups (8/8) Waitlist open!
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2014, 06:40:04 am »

((Why would you fire someone who managed to steal an entire mointain?
Thats some serious skill right there, i foresee a brilliant future in the evil genius proffession.))
((Because using newly invented portal technology for a revolution in mining potential is science, not something an entertainment network would do. Also because said mountain belonged to a minor deific being who might just as well have been an Übergod who would instantly murder the lower backs of everyone involved.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2014, 09:04:00 am »

Spoiler: Adam (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2014, 02:43:20 pm »

I hope I get a ridiculous gamebreaker like that Jotun in looters delight.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2014, 02:49:27 pm »

Didn't you get killed almost immediately after that?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2014, 02:52:22 pm »

Just cause it's game breaking doesn't mean you can't make a stupid decision, like say, not hiding behind the giant for forever and just making people rage quit.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2014, 03:09:34 pm »

Waitlist Nao
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2014, 08:49:35 pm »

Everyone is place? Let's get this party started in 3...2...1... *Click*

Good evening ladies and gentlemen! Or afternoon! or morning! Or whenever you are watching! Thank you for tuning in to......

*~*// [DIMENSIONAL DEATHMATCH XL!] \\*~*

My name is Chip Typhoon! And I'm Robby "The Gut" Neahann, and you guess it, we'll be your...fine announcers tonight! Indeed! We'll be calling the blood guts, and tears as you see it folks! We're here at the old Spectraland pleasure dome! Which doesn't even exist in our dimension!  So don't you be going to adjust that dial! ..Do televisions even have dials anymore..? Doesn't matter! Look! Our contestants are appearing now!

Derm [kills:0, luck:6+3] Derm spawns in the far north, behind him is an access point to another location. A second rift opens and spits out a weird looking sunflower. [knowledge: 5+2] Without even touching it, you notice that this odd looking flower radiates and unusual amount of heat and energy...for you know, being flower. Something else catches your eye...is that a face on the flower??? There's a distinct nagging feeling that you have seen this somewhere else before.

Yumibō [kills:0, luck:1-1] The Tengu appears all the way to the south.  Another rift opens and sputters out...a slingshot. It's a nice carved sling shot... [knowledge:6] Quickly glancing over it, you see nothing unusual. YAY SLINGSHOT!

G(r^16) [kills:0 luck:4+1] The Gnoll spawns to the far right of the arena. Your weapon rift opens, spewing out steam and the sound of machinery before spitting out what looks like a brass pipe adorned with a glass bulb. [Knowledge 5] You take a closer look at the glass bulb and notice steam swirling around! This looks like an unusual scepter of some sort... 

Natalia 'Angel' Gardner [kills:0 luck:6-1] The fiery redhead appears to the far left. Looking around, you see different people in all four corners of the arena. As you are calculating battle plans, a quick rift opens and spits out an intricately carved wooden tube. [Knowledge 4-1] It..looks like a blowgun.

Crimson [kills:0 Luck:5] Crimson spawns to the bottom left of the arena, by the left. As he adjusts himself, something falls and hits his head! Its... an off-white glove [knowledge:1+2] It looks like something an astronaut would wear... There's something red on the palm, but you can't quite make it out

Jase [kills:0 Luck:4+1] Jase appears to the top right and lands on his back. From the sky also falls...a black bangle [Knowledge:3+1] You quickly inspect it... wow, this thing looks like it came from the bowels of hell! Seeing all the weird folk around you...it probably did! Despite that, something in the back of your mind tells you to put it on...

Pariah [kills:0 Luck:2] The lizardman spawns atop an obsidian pillar. Easily holding his balance, the would-be murder looks up to see your weapon fall out of a shadowy rift. Its... a iron club covered in knobs. [Knowledge: 2] Well, i guess you could hit someone with this...I guess 

Rock [kills:0 Luck:2] The golem spawns in the center of the arena, on a raised platform. In front of him is a small reflecting pool...that bubbles and spits out.. a sleek looking metal short sword. [Knowledge 6+2] Even with all the high tech styling...its just a mundane sword.

Well the gangs all here! But before we begin, lets explain to the viewers at home how this will work...Right-o! Alright, so right now everyone is in a place I would like to call.....The NEXUS Chip, that's stupid. Hush! So here in....The NEXUS we have ourselves a nice open grass plain with a center more 'formal' arena, decorated by a nice fountain and four. Count em! Four pillars! The four sides each lead onto....well that's something we will explain when we get to it! Also, an old rail track weaves around the bottom half of the arena! You done, yet? I think...someone else is spawning What?!?

Generic Mafioso (NPC) Spawns directly across from the golem. He is armed with a baseball bat. The fuck!?! THE FUCK?!? Aww Jeez!!

((Yes, there will be NPCs ripped from random dimensions. Some can be persuaded to aid you. Yes, killing them counts. Yes, they can kill you too. Yes, the first few batches will be weak as fuck. Yes, as the fight goes on I will spawn boss type characters. Note that killing a NPC means you also get their weapon, but not a new generated weapon. Only killing other players spawn generated loot. When a player dies, their loot dies with them.))

This is gonna be the greatest night of this company!

STATUS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 08:57:10 am by TamerVirus »
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dimensional Deathmatch XL: Ladies and Gentlemen....
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2014, 08:56:17 pm »

Is this the eating type of fire flower or the SSB type of fire flower?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2014, 08:57:49 pm »

(( :P Only one way to find out, eh :P))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2014, 09:06:04 pm »

Attempt to brandish fire flower at the wall, willing it to activate once.

((You'd think a knowledge roll of 7 would tell me : / ))
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:07:50 pm by Dermonster »

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2014, 09:12:28 pm »

Wear the gloves then go to the closest pillar!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:29:36 pm by Crimson »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2014, 09:22:00 pm »

((I thought I was being pretty obvious that's it's a reference to something. But still even the highest knowledge roll won't tell you everything because where's the fun in that))

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2014, 09:27:02 pm »

((Uh... Let me change my action!  :P))

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2014, 09:29:43 pm »

Feel free to PM if you are being particularly sneaky!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2014, 09:33:23 pm »

Well you don't have to go out and announce it, you know >.>

Oh well. The rest of the games actions are all now variants of Do a thing
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:34:57 pm by Dermonster »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10