Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 786885 times)

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #1560 on: February 11, 2014, 02:07:19 pm »

Alright, so the fortress I've made has gone straight to hell; I forgot about the bug wherein everything underneath an ocean biome gets flooded by seawater.
Well, this is one is new to me. Ironic really, as I was considering building an underwater fortress myself. Is the bug submitted on Mantis?

I wouldn't be surprised if someone took up the challenge of pillaging the fortress despite the problems you mentioned, so just upload it. I'll put a suitable warning in the fortress description on the front page.
I agree with Bralbaard; a flooded fortress sounds like quite an interesting place to explore. Too bad about the framerate issues though.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: February 11, 2014, 03:28:20 pm »

I think it is known on the mantis. Or at least it should be, since it's been around for a LONG time.

I may well end up having to leave the fortress designed specifically to be flooded, and prevent the water from moving around as much as possible so it minimizes the hit to your FPS. It probably wont be 100% effective at stopping the water flow. Other ideas include draining it all away into the caverns, which would butcher your FPS, or setting up some elaborate means to set fires throughout the fortress to evaporate it away, which would butcher your FPS. Or ask really, really nicely for a proficient dfhack scripter to write a script which, like, removes all the water or some shit. Dfhack's liquids command, setting the entire map to 1/7 water would technically work but you'd probably have to reveal the map to do it and any empty spaces where water was floating in mid-air like the caverns would have to calculate paths down and flow around until they equalize, which would still hurt your FPS.

[edit]

I'm trying to upload the save at the moment. It may take a while, I suppose.

I did manage to increase the FPS upon visiting the site by sealing off most of the water outlets. It no longer threatens to burn down my rig, so hopefully nobody else will die of old age exploring.

[edit]

Here's the save: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bi6gfd5asfpr8kk/The+Museum+-+Turn+58c.7z

Let me know if anything goes horribly wrong.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:41:24 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: February 13, 2014, 04:56:48 pm »

All I know is it had a flesh-based body, bled grey goo and shot fireballs and breathed fire. And is grey, presumably. It might have been a scorpion with tentacles.

Found one.. It's quite an exotic critter:

Euch... that is even ickier than a tentacled scorpion. Sounds quite challenging to draw.

And if Eric Blank has finished his for, I guess that makes it Th4DwArfY1's turn now, if he's finished his other game commitments.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: February 14, 2014, 03:01:07 am »

I hope I'll have some time to draw this weekend.

Here's the section of the map with the new fortress Frozenabbey, and indeed, Th4DwArfY1 is up next.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: February 14, 2014, 03:08:43 am »

That is certainly going to be a challenge to reach with a new adventurer!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: February 14, 2014, 05:38:08 am »

Sorry, still busy.  :(

You wouldn't mind putting me one down on the waiting list?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: February 14, 2014, 05:40:43 am »

No problem.

I'll Check if atomic chicken has time, I only moved him down a few spots quite recently, so he might be busy as well.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: February 15, 2014, 07:57:03 am »

No problem.

I'll Check if atomic chicken has time, I only moved him down a few spots quite recently, so he might be busy as well.
I'm unfortunately still too busy for a turn at the moment. Could you move me down the list again?
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: February 15, 2014, 08:50:12 am »

Done.
That makes it Strangemood's turn.

StrangeMood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: February 17, 2014, 02:42:41 am »

Thanks, I'll try to do my turn the next couple of days! Deadline is Friday, right?

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: February 17, 2014, 02:13:52 pm »

You picked it up today? In that case you can play until the end of the weekend.

StrangeMood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: February 18, 2014, 05:07:01 am »

You picked it up today? In that case you can play until the end of the weekend.

I'd appreciate time until the end of the weekend, yeah :)

StrangeMood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: February 19, 2014, 07:37:02 am »

I won't be able to complete my turn this time due to RL issues. Can you skip me? Apologies!  :-[

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: February 19, 2014, 08:22:51 am »

Sorry to hear that, I enjoyed your last adventure, even if it was short.

Th4DwArfY1 and atomic chicken were to busy to play a few days ago, I guess that hasn't changed.
That makes it Timeless Bob's turn.

Strangemood, should I move you down the turn list like the others, or do you want to be removed from the list?

« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 08:40:11 am by Bralbaard »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: February 19, 2014, 10:35:57 am »

I have the save downloaded and will be beginning my turn today.  (Bit sooner than I was expecting, but that's a pleasant surprise in this game!)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 162