Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 789251 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #1875 on: May 18, 2014, 08:55:37 pm »

...You should have worn a ring...
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: May 18, 2014, 10:13:38 pm »

...You should have worn a ring...
Uh... aco actually had a turqoise ring if I recall correctly. Im not sure where it came from. Might have had one of the gold rings on too

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: May 19, 2014, 03:22:48 am »

My.... Precious?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: May 19, 2014, 04:47:50 am »

L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: May 19, 2014, 05:55:53 am »

And suddenly the name of the fortress "Sunkengem" makes sense too...

creepy.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: May 19, 2014, 05:59:38 am »

Save https://www.mediafire.com/?cz34t7phjnur42g

Aco's house in Dinnerwandered may have a surprise and her body can be reclaimed. Oddly it says Dishmab rose her as a zombie but I saw nothing on my way to the corpse

Also i confirmed. Aco  did in fact have a turqouise ring
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 06:56:01 am by Kromgar »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: May 19, 2014, 07:27:49 am »

Well to be fair Aco was in several bits after the fight. Perhaps Dishmab raised some of her?

And is the surprise something likely to kill everyone? Where is Aco's corpse?

I'll update the adventurer list later today.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: May 19, 2014, 07:56:56 am »

Well to be fair Aco was in several bits after the fight. Perhaps Dishmab raised some of her?

And is the surprise something likely to kill everyone? Where is Aco's corpse?

I'll update the adventurer list later today.

South of Sunkengem... Sunkengem has now hit FPS death... Combinelocks as well... Maybe the OCean fortress... there was another fort that was fps dead in the wasteland. Went to lakelancers it was fine. I had to turn temperature off to enter some fortresses. Our game save is perfect for bugs now. FPS dead fortresses all over the place. I was able to enter tongsrace and walk through but it was soooo slow. I wanted to grab the jade forgotten beast.

I saw all the body parts of Aco the legs the arms the feet. All where I remembered
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 08:00:08 am by Kromgar »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: May 19, 2014, 09:54:51 am »

So the older forts have an FPS creep toward stasis - that gives newer forts a time limit to be explored as well.  This is an interesting further challenge - the countdown to stasis...
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: May 19, 2014, 10:58:51 am »

So the older forts have an FPS creep toward stasis - that gives newer forts a time limit to be explored as well.  This is an interesting further challenge - the countdown to stasis...

One of the newer forts was FPS dead and full of 200 ravens. So the issue isnt just old forts

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: May 19, 2014, 11:21:49 am »

I think we've realised for a time that we are stress testing what is capable in an adventure mode succession game. I'm not aware of any other game with the length of time and number of forts in the game world as this. It's only a matter of time before the whole thing collapses on its own magnificence.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: May 19, 2014, 01:39:18 pm »

It looks like Sunkengem has been lost to fps-death for good this time. It was lost to fps death before, but recovered because all the animals were scared of the site. This time however it seems that out of control breeding of cave creatures is too blame, and those are not as easy to scare away. (not at 40 seconds per frame, I just tried...)

Its interesting though that Tongsrace was somewhat playable. It reliably crashed the game several decades ago. I'll add some notes for the fortresses that are known to have fps problems. It's odd that the prairie of combinations already has issues, it has barely been visited. I'll send Tehsapper a PM.

Edit: I've also added the gray fiend corpse to the list of museum exhibits. I guess we should still investigate what Eric Blank submitted, he survived his turn, but never claimed a spot in the museum.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 02:02:44 pm by Bralbaard »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: May 19, 2014, 04:34:17 pm »

Adventurer List updated with Kromgar's hero.

Aco Knitadmire surges into 2nd most prolific murderer of all time, ahead of Ushat Parchgear, helped by killing the most demons of any sentient being (a full 20, beating Dishmab's tally of 18) and an unnaturally large number of Night Creatures, having seemingly found the seat of their civilisation.

The top 10 Notable Kills in the history of the Portentous Domain are as follows:

1. Dishmab Northmanor the Mute Saffron Soot (526) - Still active, but missing...
2. Aco Knitadmire the Sly Rhymes of Glee (326) - Dead, slain by Dishmab.
3. Ushat Parchgear the Scarlet Silkiness of Perplexing (141) - Last seen in Dinnerwandered, 143 years old and mortal.
4. Bora Ragedance the Allied Flesh of Nourishing (134) - Dead, slain by Dishmab.
5. Nil Swifttoast the Colourless Complexity (118) - Dead, slain by Dishmab.
6. Stukos Stirlflag the Unkempt Crowd (97) (NPC) - Black Baron of Ironhelm the Ocean-Castle, died of old age at 168; reanimated as a skeleton by Aco Knitadmire.
7. Sarvesh Worksound the Gloomy Gill of Crafts (83) - Dead, slain by kobolds.
8. Rigoth Worshipletters the Copper Tribe of Persuading (79) (NPC) - Originally Militia Dwarf of Ironhelm the Ocean-Castle, 127 years old and mortal, last seen in Goodbrews.
9. Rigoth Woundfrenzies the Trustworthy Sculpture of War (78) (NPC) - Originally Militia Dwarf of Ironhelm the Ocean-Castle, died of old age at 169.
10. Kalsb Paintedhours the Deep Ticks of Trussing (70) - Dead, slain by a goblin.

EDIT:

I found Aco's corpse. I don't think my short tale really reflected the savagery of Dishmab's attack. Aco's corpse lies a few yards west of Dinnerwandered... scattered over a fairly large area. Of Dishmab, there was no sign...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 06:30:31 pm by kesperan »

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: May 19, 2014, 09:10:42 pm »

By the way... Uh so the last time I checked the shrine to Teshil... his hand disappeared.

Also i was thinking maybe we could mod in a reaction to turn small adamantine armor/mail into clothing sizeable for a Human? Because humans are at a distinct disadvantage because dwarves can't make human sized armor yet and all dwarven characters have Trance and can get adamantine armor.

I repeat: Find Kaslun Wadsombers home in Dinnerwandered and you will be greatly rewarded. There is an image of it in my first journal entry
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 09:18:58 pm by Kromgar »

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: May 19, 2014, 09:32:34 pm »

Okay so this is where I  met all the night creatures everytime...

In the land bridge connecting the continents. I think its because there is no major civilization nearby so World Gen heroes never slew the original beast and his wife leading to an entire "civilization" of Night Creatures being born.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 162