_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5770600 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Well, well...
Close the box and put it into one of my pockets. Return to the armory.
Pardon me, but I'm probably going to need a shred more of your time, Reverend Comrade. Could you tell me, please, is it possible to get a teapot, a mug and a heat-resistant straw (one which wouldn't dissolve when put into boiling-hot water - oh, and heat non-conductive too), and how much would the simplest electrict water heater be (or just a tiny power source, for that matter)?
((@GM Just to make sure - does the price for a pulse rifle (any mark) include one spare battery from the laser rifle which the weapon is based upon (and includes in design relatively unchanged)? ))
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 05:33:54 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((As for the titles, I actually like the wacky ones...Well...))
((So do or say stuff that generates them. :P))

Faith wondered just how much personality data these VR machines had. Well, one way to find out.

VR simulation: Jim and Milno alone in a small room, with nothing to do and no hope of escape beyond being rescued.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

((Boiling water with a Psychokinetic amplifier: Best idea ever?))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Boiling water with a Psychokinetic amplifier: Best idea ever?))
(( I've thought of that, but no. I slip it a bit, and get my brains splashed. I overdo it a bit, and get a molten teapot. I would prefer to have a more ... stable way of boiling water  - you know, with no rolls involved :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: The Circle of Depravity
« Reply #1774 on: May 26, 2012, 08:27:56 pm »

Lets try this out shall we? Tell myself that I like fish to test out the device. Then go tell the Armory master Thank you for earlier and tell her about my gun idea and ask her opinion of how to make it armor piercing.
fixing that will have to wait until i have access to a computer.
fixed
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((You could probably get a full, gourmet cooking set for only a few tokens, you know. Or get fairly high-quality materials and have a crafty whore make them for you.

Of course, it'd be almost completely useless, but it's an option. Alternatively, you might be allowed to keep scrap you harvest from missions, allowing you to build up a supply of raw parts that way.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: May 26, 2012, 09:12:08 pm »

[dex:4+1] You make your way to the open door, slinking along like a shadow in slippers, clinging to the wall with your rifle at the ready. You make it to the door undetected and peak in. A man in a MK II suit is standing in the room with his back to you, messing with something you can't quite see.

Try to open the door further without making any noise and enter the room. If successful slam the butt of the laser rifle on his head as hard as possible. If he notices me, shoot the bastard!
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Personally I'm just curious about Irony's action. As far as I can tell, there are four options:

1. PW tells me and Caellath to get to it.
2. PW tries to play Jim and Milno 'in-character.'
3. PW totally flanderizes the pair of them. (Most likely outcome :P)
4. The attempt doesn't work.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1778 on: May 26, 2012, 10:14:46 pm »

Save design for my cybernetic legs ((Picked that specific design because the joint type would allow me to run faster, as well as being shock absorbing for falls (Though that was not inspired just because of Mission Team's predicament, it's just a by-product.))) and open a new project, looking up current armor materials, both against ballistics and non-ballistics.
Any specific armors?

Thomas attempts to find the smallest form he could get a nuclear reactor into.
Small inherently means not very powerful.

Milno tries the cheapest cloaking device, calling up a setting with a distracted dummy with a laser rifle in a MkII. He tries to sneak from medium to short range and fire both weapons at point-blank range without being noticed.

You may want to actually try spawning some sort of environment around you. That system isn't going to work very well in that solid white void of nothing.

Well, well...
Close the box and put it into one of my pockets. Return to the armory.
Pardon me, but I'm probably going to need a shred more of your time, Reverend Comrade. Could you tell me, please, is it possible to get a teapot, a mug and a heat-resistant straw (one which wouldn't dissolve when put into boiling-hot water - oh, and heat non-conductive too), and how much would the simplest electrict water heater be (or just a tiny power source, for that matter)?
((@GM Just to make sure - does the price for a pulse rifle (any mark) include one spare battery from the laser rifle which the weapon is based upon (and includes in design relatively unchanged)? ))
(Well, you would get one if you buy the rifle and then modify it, but if steve picks it up as an official weapon, then no. )

You stuff the box into your pocket and head back to the armory. The armory master listens to your demands and wanders in back. She comes back with a slightly bulky looking kettle and two metal mugs.

"Kettle is self heating. No straws."

((So do or say stuff that generates them. :P))

Faith wondered just how much personality data these VR machines had. Well, one way to find out.

VR simulation: Jim and Milno alone in a small room, with nothing to do and no hope of escape beyond being rescued.
You set up the simulation and watch. They sit around for a while before they start to talk.
"So, how'd we end up here?"

"Dunno."

There's another ten minutes of silence before they speak again.

"I bet it's Faith's fault."

"Why you say that?"

"Just a feeling."

[dex:4+1] You make your way to the open door, slinking along like a shadow in slippers, clinging to the wall with your rifle at the ready. You make it to the door undetected and peak in. A man in a MK II suit is standing in the room with his back to you, messing with something you can't quite see.

Try to open the door further without making any noise and enter the room. If successful slam the butt of the laser rifle on his head as hard as possible. If he notices me, shoot the bastard!

[dex:1] You grab the door and begin opening it as quietly as possible. The door creaks and then thuds heavily to the ground before falling back into the hall and pinning your arm beneath it. The man, unsurprisingly, turns around to face you, his rifle in hand.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

The best ones at stopping projectiles first. Weight is a non-issue.

Then, the best at stopping lasers. Same this, weight is a non-issue.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Mmmmmm, sugar! Neil eagerly gulps the rest down.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

"Hrm.. That's not interesting. I think I'll cheat."

Reveal the enemy(-ies) with the console/whatever.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I am using the same wasteland setting I have spawned some actions ago. You know, like the second mission's planethammerspace, but with less living fungi and no mindscrew.))
"I bet it's Faith's fault."

"Why you say that?"

"Just a feeling."
((I'd say I can identify Milno in that one and he's quite in-character so far. And he is right about it being Faith's fault, in a way.))
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 10:49:51 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: May 26, 2012, 10:44:31 pm »

[dex:1] You grab the door and begin opening it as quietly as possible. The door creaks and then thuds heavily to the ground before falling back into the hall and pinning your arm beneath it. The man, unsurprisingly, turns around to face you, his rifle in hand.

((hmmm, that is unfortunate :)))

Ope the door with a kick and start shooting in the direction of where I saw the guy stand before the door closed on me.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((The VR is sentient. It steals people's personalities when they use it.

Also, best conversation ever.))
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 2101