_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5789453 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Arts and Crafts
« Reply #7470 on: September 21, 2012, 12:11:50 am »

Feyri... Have you received the note? Well, doesn't matter.

"What n-"
You see, I had to cut the head off as the body was obviously badly damaged and might have caused the brain death to come sooner than usually. For that I apologise, but that was necessary at that moment, so I stand by my earlier decision. Have I mentioned that I am always willing to take full responsibility on the medical decisions that I've ever made? Oh, and I'm not talking about only Feyri's case. If you, Mason, Thomas, Faith, or anyone else, for that matter, think that I was totally wrong - you have all the rights to make me pay for my mistakes, of that I assure you. [/i][/color]
. . .

Feyri nodded once more, taking in the feeling of being beheaded and...returning to life as something unexpected.

"Now I've a lot of questions to ask Steve. Thank you for...being honest. I'm happy to be- erm, reattached to my body. I guess.

"How are the rest on the ship? Jim, Bishop - wait, except him, Mesk...? I'll try to check on the Rec room later on..."
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 12:36:34 am by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7471 on: September 21, 2012, 02:24:40 am »

Berserk button? Actually, no, irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Point is, long as I've been here, which is to say, not very long, Milno has proven to be one of the most level-headed in the group, and while you think there's something up with him having his gun out, I don't blame you. Quite personally, I don't like it either, but what he could be doing is far worse than what he is doing, which so far, is having us discuss who gets the tokens for the data.

Also, I understand your argument for the people that got put in stasis early. As far as I can understand your argument, it is: they were being helpful until a possibly helpful but stupid decision or another team member rendered them unable to help. My counter to that is that they weren't helpful for very long, we were only at the second area of 7 that we visited, second area of 13 total. That's not long enough to earn much from the data recorded, in my opinion.

Also, if what happened in the pitted lands were to be centered on you, it would've been safer with any of us. I was being proactive by mitigating that at the expense of what happened. As I'm not clairvoyant, it was a logical decision at the time.

"So, again, your argument is that because he jumped on the tokens with a gun and then didn't steal them outright or shoot anyone to begin with, he's obviously level-headed and reasonable. As opposed to, you know, not jumping on the tokens or bringing a gun in here in the first place.

Just so we're clear then- your opinion of me would be higher if I had my hands around your neck with a kinetic amp right now, right? Because I could be strangling your or something but aren't, right?

As for helpfulness, I don't agree that factoring chance in is fair. Overt, inexcusable incompetence moreso, but we're not really talking about that here.

Or, put another way, consider what kinds of behaviors that logic would be encouraging. Travis didn't do anything all mission and ran away or abandoned us at every opportunity, but he managed to get through unscathed as a result. Does that mean he deserves more tokens than Feyri, who died trying to get us a tree sample? What about someone who gets shot at random in an ambush, should they get punished for that?

Also, I find your cutoff point rather arbitrary. If we're going by who was useful for longest, why divide everything into pre and post tower? Shouldn't Thomas or you get less because they weren't helpful, and indeed needed to be hauled, for a portion of time longer than the rest of us?"

Going off the fact that she's obviously been doing her best to stay calm this entire time, I'd assume that anger, or, at the very least, strong emotion acts as the non-consenting trigger?

And, as you said, if you were going to shoot, you would've shot by now. One of the possibilities I meant when I said what you could be doing is far worse than what you are doing. Still slightly unnerving, though.

"It's controlled, but yes, strong emotion.

And alternatively, and far more sensibly, if he didn't intend to use it he wouldn't have brought it along in the first place, or at the very least wouldn't be holding and lovingly stroking it now. Neck example again."

You see, I had to cut the head off as the body was obviously badly damaged and might have caused the brain death to come sooner than usually. For that I apologise, but that was necessary at that moment, so I stand by my earlier decision. Have I mentioned that I am always willing to take full responsibility on the medical decisions that I've ever made? Oh, and I'm not talking about only Feyri's case. If you, Mason, Thomas, Faith, or anyone else, for that matter, think that I was totally wrong - you have all the rights to make me pay for my mistakes, of that I assure you.
Maurice looked away as he talked, then he just sighed and smiled sadly.
"If they don't like the job you did they can pass on it next time. I know that's about where I am right now..."

Faith looked down, rubbing the token Maurice had given her between her fingers.

Levelup:
5 Int
3 Uncon

((Also I probably should have bookmarked the end of mission or something. Now I'm going to have to go dig back through this to find everyone's levelup data for my chart. :<))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7472 on: September 21, 2012, 02:29:19 am »

5 Int
3 Uncon[/b]

((Also I probably should have bookmarked the end of mission or something. Now I'm going to have to go dig back through this to find everyone's levelup data for my chart. :<))
<3s for Ironiii~!

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

All I could get while searching for "Level up"

((Looks like that trend is moving on.  :P))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7473 on: September 21, 2012, 02:42:50 am »

LEVEL:

+2 Will
+3 INT
+3 CON

Try again. List the good, then the bad, then compare. Then explore how they link up.

(didn't you already level up? I got it even if I didn't quote it. Yeah, you did.)

[int:1-1]
You promptly completely forget about the mission you were just on.

Lars nods.

"Chiefly, yes, but since you mention it, are there any physical effects as well?  Ever since that last shift, especially, I haven't felt the same.  Do you know how much relative time we lost?"

"Not long this time. A couple of years I think. As per physical effects, none that I know of. Time dilation isn't from the jumps, it's from the fact that we move very very fast before and after it, for a good while. The jump points take care of the long distances but we still end up flying for a few objective years most of the time. There shouldn't be any physical effects from it. "

((This thing always jumps when I'm offline...I hate my timezones, can I get a t-shirt that says that?))
Level Up!

Spoiler: Feyri Nirel (click to show/hide)
((+5 strength; +3...Unconventional Weapons))

Request current status, token count (adding in the usual 5...) and...status of the items I lent.

Accept the return of any items.

+1 to token count.

Feyri just nodded at the others' words of return and the splitting of tokens, grateful that they already anticipated her thanks. She didn't deserve any, and it reflected on her face.

She was glad that the faceplate was there.

"Great work Feyri, another mission you messed up spectacularly. Your sister would be proud!"

Muttering to herself, she kept silent as the others talked. Nothing beneficial came out of her presence anyway. Counting that, nothing else was learned in the Tinker VR due to the usage of sporadic questioning and other nonsensical ideas.

This day, was the worst.

"Does anyone know what happened after I was...neutralized? Neck feels like it's been stitched up, did something happen afterwards? Don't answer that anyway, it doesn't look like it matters anymore.

"Anyway, I'll take one token, and what else came with me during the mission -- if it is still with any of you."

Turning the channel to Steve, she said "Steve, I've heard rumors that the basic uniform of an HMRC soldiers only consists of basic clothing -- no undergarments.

"Why?"

Before this, she wished all those on the current mission a fair blessing. Bishop was the only one she knew anyhow. They would need it.

While waiting, check wristpad for recent news on-ship.

>Because you have a shirt and pants for modesty. You can wear the shorts also provided for you if you really want something.

(you have 5 tokens and nothing else by my records. You got looted.)

"What about an internal layer of rubber?"
"Well, that would help, but it wouldn't be 100%."

Well, if that generator of yours puts out at least 8 tpu of continuous power *which 4 gauss generators won't do*
((So, the TPUs don't add up linearly? Or is it about the yet unknown gauss rifle power generators' specifications that prevent them from maintaining the continious output? ))

You see, I had to cut the head off as the body was obviously badly damaged and might have caused the brain death to come sooner than usually. For that I apologise, but that was necessary at that moment, so I stand by my earlier decision. Have I mentioned that I am always willing to take full responsibility on the medical decisions that I've ever made? Oh, and I'm not talking about only Feyri's case. If you, Mason, Thomas, Faith, or anyone else, for that matter, think that I was totally wrong - you have all the rights to make me pay for my mistakes, of that I assure you.
Maurice looked away as he talked, then he just sighed and smiled sadly.
(They release in bursts and spurts of energy rather then a nice continuous flow. You'd have it basically strobing at very high speeds.)

Also guys, one of you is gonna need to tell me how all these tokens will be split up so I can do it all at once.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7474 on: September 21, 2012, 02:45:11 am »

"I just want 2 tokens,1 for at least attepting to help, and one for intestine compensation, and Steve can I write the apology note?"
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7475 on: September 21, 2012, 02:48:07 am »

((I'm taking a token, and my gauss rifle (Scoped) and that Combat Shield that Pyro Desu is giving back. For my laser rifle and Tesla Sabre, I have no idea who got it. As well as that extra battery for the laser rifle. And that blue pill :I

So...10 tokens in total, then?))

Turning the channel to only Steve, Feyri said "So can I request some personal undergarments? Wearing just this is...uncomfortable at times, if your multiple cortex gets my drift."

Turning back to the rest, "Hey Faith, how was the mission? I'd bet your fleshtech skills went to a lot of use, huh?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7476 on: September 21, 2012, 03:03:56 am »

"I just want 2 tokens,1 for at least attepting to help, and one for intestine compensation, and Steve can I write the apology note?"

>Already written and sent. Next time, try not to steal diaries, from the living at least. Not good for PR.

((I'm taking a token, and my gauss rifle (Scoped) and that Combat Shield that Pyro Desu is giving back. For my laser rifle and Tesla Sabre, I have no idea who got it. As well as that extra battery for the laser rifle. And that blue pill :I

So...10 tokens in total, then?))

Turning the channel to only Steve, Feyri said "So can I request some personal undergarments? Wearing just this is...uncomfortable at times, if your multiple cortex gets my drift."

Turning back to the rest, "Hey Faith, how was the mission? I'd bet your fleshtech skills went to a lot of use, huh?"
Nope, just 5. You have 5 in total. And I need one person, not a bunch of scattered people telling me they all get 1 or something, to tell me how all the tokens are divided. And since Milno currently has them in his fist, I'm guessing it will be him.

As per your items: Thomas has the blue pill, and simus has the shield, the sabre and gun. And I'll need an express action to get them back to you. Something in white and bold, hopefully.

>Sure, ask the armory master Miss Prude. You humans and your strange desire to hide perfectly normal anatomical features.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7477 on: September 21, 2012, 03:11:19 am »

>Sure, ask the armory master Miss Prude. You humans and your strange desire to hide perfectly normal anatomical features.

:-\

"Disembodied men..."

((Hmm...let's see if my speech has changed ^^))

Request Thomas my stuff back, as Simus seems to be willing to give back everything he got from me.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 06:34:35 am by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7478 on: September 21, 2012, 03:14:02 am »

Also guys, one of you is gonna need to tell me how all these tokens will be split up so I can do it all at once.
((Yeah, sorry, but we're still working on it. :x))

<3s for Ironiii~!

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

All I could get while searching for "Level up"

((Looks like that trend is moving on.  :P))
((Ah, thanks. I'll probably double check, since I did find official levelup greenlight without too much trouble, but it's nice to be double checking and not full checking. :P))

"We're still discussing the first token. The second you'll need to talk to Travis about. Or form a non teamkillers' union or something.

Ugh. 'Won't shoot allies' needs a special organization to happen. Just... ugh."

Faith winced.

"Well, the Tower was interesting. Very interesting. Oh, you didn't even see the Pitted Lands, did you? Uh, well..."

Spoiler: The Long Version (click to show/hide)

"So yeah, that's about it. Travis ran away at every opportunity, May did almost nothing, Milno ran his childish mouth off a lot and refused to do anything except rescue teammates, and everyone lost limbs.

As for fleshteching, yes, there was a lot of call for that. Some people seemed more appreciative than others, however," she finished, sounding a tad sour.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7479 on: September 21, 2012, 03:20:40 am »

"The benefits of teamwork..." Feyri said, her face looking disappointed at the lack of...well, "Say, why don't we take the next mission and plan ahead after it's briefed to us, Faith? You're a good friend, how does that sound?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7480 on: September 21, 2012, 03:49:38 am »

"Um... well, thanks, about the friend thing, I mean. I guess that sounds good, but we're not even sure if we'll both be able to get in. Seems like they're waking up more people these days. Hope that's not because they expect to lose a lot more...

Oh by the way, I was intrigued with your idea for a combat shield. How'd you make your current one and how'd it turn out?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7481 on: September 21, 2012, 04:04:33 am »

(Just posting to say I might not be around (99% likelihood) for the next few days. Also, if anyone wants to buy anything from Jim, both swords are one token, pill is three. Later. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #7482 on: September 21, 2012, 04:33:04 am »

+1 Str
+3 Will
+1 Int

+3 Exotic, cause that's what I have left in equipment.
((My level-up for Irony))

Zzz. Dream of competent, nongreedy people.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7483 on: September 21, 2012, 05:22:03 am »

((@IronyOwl Maurice's level-up: all the blue boxes turned to green, Uncon went from +2/3 to full +1

@Piecewise Hmmm, theoretically speaking, if we had a pill that permanently dulls the pain as it is perceived directly in the brain, would it weaken/negate the drawback of the medi'tech genetic upgrade mentioned before (the increased empathy one), or would it just altogether negate the effects of the said genetic upgrade? ))

In case I still have something belonging to another teammate, return the items.
Maurice just sat silently and slowly nodded at times as the discussion went on.
Plan ahead... oh, the serial killer mission. Been there, done that.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7484 on: September 21, 2012, 05:47:28 am »

((
Spoiler: Level up for Irony: (click to show/hide)
))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 2101