_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 936 937 [938] 939 940 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5778966 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14055 on: April 20, 2013, 06:33:28 am »

Feyri giggled at the thought.

"Well, you could say that (even though he isn't.). I mean, judging by conventional or rudimentary means, we see no speakers or cameras stationed around the walls, entrances or corners anywhere in the Sword. Also, what truth, if I may ask? It's not like people have done...worse things and lost their humanity while doing so."

...I should know.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14056 on: April 20, 2013, 09:58:21 am »

"The fact that I have always been trying to escape. The fact that, I, in a brief moment of outright psychosis murdered a man, the fact that I, a former psychiatrist am trapped by the vices of the illnesses I used to treat. Ever since then, I'm been trying to convince myself that all this shit I've gone through is just another delusion. I was hoping that you would tell me that I was wrong, so that what I saw could just be cast off as another construct of my mind just like how I casted away many things as mere delusions."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14057 on: April 20, 2013, 11:31:08 am »

((Sorry for quick post, had to type this all up on a whim because busy - apologies if my grammar is off))

As Charles told his story, Feyri's smile and demeanor grew less and less open and soft - at the end, she was looking at him with her normal expression, her eyes staring into his as she could...well, relate with his experiences.

She looked at him with her semblance of understanding, and perhaps saw that he noticed - Lyra was along the same lines in her silence, she suspected - was their common ground on more different lines than what she first thought it was: a mutual respect for each other, or the pain we've all felt which causes us to fall back to the hope of being better for others not to feel that pain?

If only-

"Hey Charles," Feyri said, glancing at Lyra then back at the man, "This isn't a delusion. You're not delusional - except for the sheep, everything that happened is truly real."

She sat up by the edge of her bed, facing Charles to her left and Lyra in front, turning towards Charles and looking at Lyra in continued intervals - a conversation speaking to one who couldn't, and one who had a hard time doing it - as she continued. "Who you are right now, who we are, what happened. That's all real. While...I guess your profession and its knowledge has been with you, I guess you can realize that you are wrong; wrong in the way that there is an easy way out. We've all made mistakes in our life, some more careless than others, but we 'man up' - to use the phrase.

"We change as life goes on. Adapt, relate, and make as our choices be. I don't know you, nor have I known this good woman in front of me until earlier, but...well, I don't think there's anything stopping me from opening myself to both of you given that fact. We're all together in this, that has been repeated to me time and time again on every mission. Our lives at risk, and nothing stopping people dying but each other, our faith and our will.

"Personally, there is no escape. One day, you should face the demons that haunt you, and smite them for what they are - they aren't you, nor do they make you. The choice is all yours, every final decision. I mean, if you do take it that way, we are all your delusions if only you take control and choose instead of acting on previous situations."

She took a pause to recount her words and try to perhaps issue the crux of her message. What she was typing, deleting and revising over the earlier hours, wound up in her mind like a needle in a haystack. A pointed thought, but hard to completely grasp and word.

"What I'm saying is that we have the final word in our lives. We can blame anything, but end up with ourselves at last. Whatever your past is, is your own - the present is now, and we live for it. The future is soon, and becomes our present. We act in the present, we act on our choices."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14058 on: April 20, 2013, 12:05:38 pm »

stop bracing myself against the top of the bed and allow myself to fall flat against it, with my legs dangling off the edge in front of me and my head facing upwards.

close my eyes.
open them again after five seconds.

tilt my head towards the other two, frown slightly, then spin around on the bed somewhat, so that instead of lying on my back with my head on the far side from the others, i'm now lying on my chest with my head on the near side to the others.
prop my head up with my hands, elbows against the bed top.
look at the space between Charles and Feyri.
"Sheep"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14059 on: April 20, 2013, 12:12:32 pm »

(Did I? I thought I asked to skip it because Jim didn't want to hit the girl.)
I seem to remember you skipping her because you failed to her once. Maybe I'm twisting my memories for comedy. But the Little girl has fucked people up, and for no determinable reason. She has no special stats or anything, people just go full terrible when they face her.

((That counts as loss, I guess.))

"Aw, I don't wanna play that. I wonder if there's anything on TV."

See if I can find a TV.
You go to watch topless book burning. You feel like feyri would probably try and stop you from watching this.

Good thing she's not around.

I surmise I am intended to injure you. Very well.

Set her hair on fire and punch her in the stomach while she's distracted.
A giant red warning pops up

IT'S CALLED PUNCH MANY THINGS YOU PSYCHIC SCUM! NOT BURN THEM!

The little girl proceeds to sweep the leg and make fun of your heritage.

Change the channel to something more educational. Delight in the edutainment revolution.

You find a video of a group of long haired, heavily made up men screaming nearly inaudibly over very loud electric guitar about how to do long division.

"School house rock appears to have gone a bit hardcore."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14060 on: April 20, 2013, 12:17:26 pm »

"Sheep"
"Sheep what now?"

Feyri looked around for any sign of what sheep.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14061 on: April 20, 2013, 12:18:02 pm »

Sing along with this educational program. Learn something in the process, hopefully.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14062 on: April 20, 2013, 12:18:18 pm »

Curl up on Stacy's lap. Pur.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14063 on: April 20, 2013, 12:23:34 pm »

"Sheep"
"Sheep what now?"

Feyri looked around for any sign of what sheep.
shift my hands upwards slightly as i close my eyes, rub gently against my closed eyelids in a up-down motion two times, then shift my hands back to being fully under my chin as i open my eyes. shake my head horizontally two times.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14064 on: April 20, 2013, 01:17:27 pm »

((Huh. For some reason I thought the TV was in the same room Feyri was in.))

"This is stupid. Why are they burning those books?"

Change the channel. Look for something more interesting.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14065 on: April 20, 2013, 01:19:24 pm »

-speech-
((Spoken like a true hero. If Flint was there, he would be clapping right now. Well done.))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14066 on: April 20, 2013, 01:29:18 pm »

Uh, if I am really in trouble I need to train..
Exit text adventure, enter punch many things.
((The girl shall fall soon..))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14067 on: April 20, 2013, 02:26:31 pm »

Grab her leg and punch her in the crotch. Many times. Once she collapses, punch her in the face. And the throat. Many times.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #14068 on: April 20, 2013, 02:47:50 pm »

((PW: I can't find your answer to how much armor the Scout Eye could be given without hampering its movement speed substantially.))

A thought occurs to Celeste. "Hmm... Could the Scout Eye perhaps be used for other things if properly equipped?"
Pull up the Scout Eye specs. In addition, pull up 3D models of the Scout Eye, the laser from a hand laser, a coagulant booster capsule, a cutting torch, and the medicine injection port from a suit. Attempt to find spots on the Scout Eye where the following items could be attached without obscuring its vision or hampering its movement (not all at once, of course; one spot for one item, to be used with one Scout Eye):
-The hand laser.
-A slot or container, similar to the slot that a medicine capsule is inserted into on a suit, in which a medicine capsule can be carried and dispensed from.
-A cutting torch.

((I may not be able to have pokemon, but dammit I'm going to have something working at my beck and call!))
Making yourself a drone eh? Well, I can tell you that it can't really be armored if you attach all this stuff to it; unless of course you increase the force of it's thrusters. But your plans of a cutting, med dispensing, weak laser firing drone work fine. Easily even.
((That's why I clarified that it would be one of the following per drone. So, let me re-phrase: Would adding armor and any one of the above listed be possible?))
((Maybe I'm just blind, but I didn't see a response to this. :c))
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14069 on: April 20, 2013, 04:23:44 pm »

Count out the amount of enemies and what they're equipped with. Then tine up a shot on the rocket launcher guy.
Pages: 1 ... 936 937 [938] 939 940 ... 2101