Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 239525 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Open Beta in December!
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2012, 10:40:49 am »

I'm fine with it. PM one of us.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2012, 11:09:25 am »

Like this?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2012, 11:01:30 am »

So, what would happen if you made a full-scale picture of the passive tree?
This.

It is 25mb of picture.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2012, 01:19:23 pm »

Took me a little while to realize Chrome wasn't going to open it but once I downloaded it... It's still pretty awesome every time I look at it. I really want to sink some time into this game. I can't wait for the actual release so I don't have to worry about losing characters at the end of beta.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2012, 01:24:32 pm »

Expectations by the forumites over there is sometime before new years but after the 10th, since theres a race league planned for the 9th. One of the devs said they'd have announcement soon with the specific date but is waiting for it to be concrete first, since otherwise people will complain.

Also, Firefox opened it on the first try, mr. chrome :P Even Opera opened it perfectly fine according to posts in the thread I got that from :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

anexiledone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2012, 02:55:48 pm »

As awesome as that skill tree is, it's also my worst nightmare lol. So many ways to go...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2012, 02:58:54 pm »

As awesome as that skill tree is, it's also my worst nightmare lol. So many ways to go...
If you're dedicated to doing so, you can also run off and grab bits of the tree nowhere near your class' startpoint. Like the templar (near the mid-left) could just up and wander off to the ranger/shadow end of the tree on the far right.

Sorry if that made it worse :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2012, 03:36:14 pm »

Also, Firefox opened it on the first try, mr. chrome :P Even Opera opened it perfectly fine according to posts in the thread I got that from :P
Yeah I didn't realize it was an issue until I looked at the thread itself and saw a mention of Chrome not working.

Did they mention if there's going to be another character wipe between the open beta and the launch? I assumed there was going to be, but I haven't done the search myself.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2012, 03:38:35 pm »

Yeah I didn't realize it was an issue until I looked at the thread itself and saw a mention of Chrome not working.

Did they mention if there's going to be another character wipe between the open beta and the launch? I assumed there was going to be, but I haven't done the search myself.

There will be only one more wipe, when the game hits open beta, after that no more wipes. Open beta is generally a soft release

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2012, 04:11:55 pm »

I had an eye on this for so long, finaly the time is coming!

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2012, 04:20:20 pm »

There will be only one more wipe, when the game hits open beta, after that no more wipes. Open beta is generally a soft release
Oh perfect.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2012, 05:06:51 pm »

Also, They're working on 'Act 3X', which is basically an expansion to Act 3, after the OB launch (they made a teaser of A3 during the last build of the week video)

I had an eye on this for so long, finaly the time is coming!
I can give you a closed beta key right now if you want, I have one leftover and it won't be much use afterwards. You could use it as a test or something, since while there is a wipe incoming, you keep all of your character names (unless you delete them after open beta starts, then it won't be reserved anymore))
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2012, 05:12:34 pm »

Um, i received a mail labeled "welcome to beta", but i don't see any activation link or key in it.

Aren't i supposed to get one, if you guys have one? :S

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2012, 05:14:56 pm »

Check your account on the PoE website. It might've just added the key to your account and tossed you an email to remind you it happened.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Open Beta: January 23, 2013
« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2012, 09:48:05 am »

Hi, thread. have some news.
Path of Exile entered Closed Beta in August of 2011. Since then, we've continually added features, content, and fixed bugs as we moved towards Open Beta. A few months ago, we estimated that we would enter Open Beta in December 2012. Although we believe that we can have the build ready by then, we've decided that it’s too dangerous to launch the Open Beta over the Christmas period and Southern Hemisphere summer holidays when many of our staff will be away.

We have therefore decided to enter Open Beta on January 23, 2013, US time. The final character wipe and deployment of patch 0.10.0 (including Act Three) will occur then.

In the meantime, we’ll ramp up the number of alpha testers, community events and beta keys given away.

We want the first few months of Open Beta to set the precedent that we react quickly to feedback on the game and add features/content that players want. We do not want everyone’s first experience with the game to be that nothing changes for a month. If any unexpected problems arose or the game became very popular in December, the support team wouldn't be at full strength to service the needs of all players.

Our development team have worked incredibly hard year-round and this will be their first break in a long time. For most of them, this is the only time they get to travel to see their families or not have to worry about the constant challenges we throw at them at work. Grinding Gear Games is not going to ask them to cancel their holidays. Instead, they’ll come back well-rested and just as eager as you to launch Open Beta.

The other advantage of the extra time is that Jonathan, Erik and I will do extra polishing and testing before the influx of Open Beta players. Between now and January, our Alpha testers will push the 0.10.0 patch to its limits. Their feedback is critical to making sure that the new content is ready for public consumption.

We understand that some community members may be disappointed with this news, and we’re very sorry that we have to adjust the date one final time. You've been patiently waiting for the Open Beta for over a year, and we want to make sure it’s just right. We strongly considered ignoring the dangers of a mid-December release, but in the end we decided that the extra safety would be worth the wait. We have only ever specified an exact date once before - when we entered Closed Beta on August 10, 2011 - and that deadline was met. We will be releasing the Open Beta on January 23, 2013 (US time).

We’ll probably be doing a small media trip in January to show the game to journalists in Los Angeles and San Francisco. If you’re a journalist in one of those cities and would like to talk to us, please get in touch!

What to do while you’re waiting?
Over Christmas we’ll be ramping up the number of events that we run for the community in preparation for the quantity we plan to run during Open Beta. If you enjoy participating in these events, you should find the schedule rewarding.

You may be pleased to hear that the current forum titles that you have received for purchasing supporter packs (such as "Supporter" or "Gold Supporter") will be not be available for people who have joined after the Closed Beta has ended. You’ll be able to keep those exclusive titles forever and display them to show that you were one of the early supporters of the game. We expect to have support for the paysafecard payment method before we enter Open Beta if all goes well.

Every day we’re going to send out 500 Closed Beta friend keys to random Beta users. If you receive one, give it to a friend to try out the game with you before Open Beta.

We’re also adding people to the list that we select Alpha users from. Many have applied so far, and we’re carefully reviewing the feedback and post history of the users to make sure they’re good candidates before we select them. If you’re interested in joining this list, please PM me. Note that the Alpha will still exist once we are in Open Beta as a place to test upcoming patches.

We've been working on Path of Exile for over six years now. I’m so excited that we’re getting close to the Open Beta release, and am really looking forward to the day we get to unleash it on the world.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 100