Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 239521 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Forsaken Masters
« Reply #810 on: August 26, 2014, 01:21:10 pm »

I find evasion to be rather useless. Why should I dodge blows that I do not fear?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 26, 2014, 01:24:25 pm »

I find evasion to be rather useless. Why should I dodge blows that I do not fear?
Isn't that the flavor text for at least one keystone?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 26, 2014, 01:26:00 pm »

Iron Reflexes, actually.  :)
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 26, 2014, 05:40:29 pm »

How are summoners in merciless nowadays?

I'm currently rocking this. (Short version, +summon, necromantic aegis, minion instability.)

Primary gems are:
Minion Life+Minion Damage+Zombies+Skeletons+Spectres+Melee Physical Damage
Raging Spirits+Reduced Mana Cost+Faster Casting
Spell Totem+Lightning Warp (Mostly for fun.)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 26, 2014, 05:42:59 pm »

Well, the sky hasn't fallen from the fixing of snapshot, I've still seen summoner builds show up in the witch forum.
Specifically for merc, idk. I haven't been there yet.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 26, 2014, 05:52:26 pm »

How are summoners in merciless nowadays?

I'm currently rocking this. (Short version, +summon, necromantic aegis, minion instability.)

Primary gems are:
Minion Life+Minion Damage+Zombies+Skeletons+Spectres+Melee Physical Damage
Raging Spirits+Reduced Mana Cost+Faster Casting
Spell Totem+Lightning Warp (Mostly for fun.)
Summoners should be as good as they were before. Though, I'd probably drop Necromantic Aegis. Pretty much every summoner I see say that necromantic aegis is useless as your summons should be beefy enough to handle things and you would be pretty squishy without access to a shield.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 27, 2014, 10:26:04 am »

Well they buffed minions but weakened the many curses that summoners usually use, so idk how they are. Probably stronger early game before you get the mana for all those curses.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 31, 2014, 11:34:25 pm »

You've got passive nodes for curses now and they aren't too far out of the way for someone taking minion nodes.  If it's not too out of the way, 2 active curses is silly to pass up.   Doedre's Damning is cheap.  Windscream isn't but is basically end-game gear if you're using the extra curse from it well.  They aren't as good against map bosses and act bosses and, of course, you could end up rolling curse-immune maps, but you've only spent 4 points on the tree (and anywhere from 1 chaos to 1 exalt :D).

Bear in mind that you're going to have a terrible time leveling some masters with a summoner, specifically Vorici.  That's something to consider if a summoner is your first or primary character and you're not playing with a buddy lots of the time.  If you're playing in Beyond, you're going to have to deal with being unable to control beyond spawns.

POE has doubled player population or something like that, so lots of lag issues are GGG's servers being crushed by prime-time load. 

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 01, 2014, 12:11:46 am »

Hey, I was wondering if anyone in standard league had a Moonsorrow Unique they would be willing to part with/ trade for? I have stockpiled a couple of Unique and quite a few gems and orbs I would be willing to trade.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 01, 2014, 12:12:17 am »

Vorici's quests aren't that hard. Just put some thought into it, and maybe desummon some stuff by deequipping it. Killing all the guards without killing the master is the only really tricky one.

Vagan, on the other hand... maybe it's just me, but that guy always hands me my ass.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 01, 2014, 12:15:08 am »

I didn't want to guess about someone's DPS, but, yea, vagan was the other I had in mind.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 01, 2014, 09:09:18 am »

Vorici's quests aren't that hard. Just put some thought into it, and maybe desummon some stuff by deequipping it. Killing all the guards without killing the master is the only really tricky one.

Vagan, on the other hand... maybe it's just me, but that guy always hands me my ass.

Vorici's targets often have movement skills - shield charge, leap slam and the like. Sometimes they don't; I've met a summoner target once, but that don't happen very often. With some movement skills of your own, or just a quicksilver flask, it's pretty easy to separate the target from the guards.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 01, 2014, 09:52:40 pm »

Of course. But compared to "stand there until it's at 30% HP and then weapon swap twice" it's a bit harder.

Anyone have any experience with animated guardians? If so, what kind of gear/mods/etc would you recommend for them?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:55:43 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 01, 2014, 10:49:50 pm »

Of course. But compared to "stand there until it's at 30% HP and then weapon swap twice" it's a bit harder.

Anyone have any experience with animated guardians? If so, what kind of gear/mods/etc would you recommend for them?
The only experience with guardians is creating Frank, or Steve, or some other generic name, and having me and my friend try to keep him alive as long as possible.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: September 02, 2014, 07:57:54 am »

You want ES gear and a claw weapon if you're expecting the guardian to survive, the ES gear so it can take extra hits and the claw so it has regeneration of somekind.

Though I've only tried a guardian in A1 normal.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 100