Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 324201 times)

LostLover

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Help plz

How can i get cauldron?
Where i can do rock axe and other stuff. Cant find this worckshop :'(
 genesis 5.8

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: < GENESIS > [5.8] - serpentfolk, merfolk, new creatures and beeeeeeees
« Reply #331 on: November 12, 2012, 02:31:32 pm »

It's not random, EVERY big town has fallen, it means no adventuring in big towns which removes the fun.
Well it's more like don't go to market places head straight to the keep either way that sounds like a fun game mode to set up.
Fallen apoc. mode Big towns are over run with the fallen round up survivors and avoid attacking the zombie menace... due to doing so killing your moral support.

oh well I can see if Every large city being hit with this means adventurers are rob of the non chaotic walking through towns they crave for in other mods.
oh you got item removal down pack sweet.

here's Drag and Let go options for Companion orders

Code: [Select]
{name="Grab",f=function (unit_list)
 for k,v in pairs(unit_list) do
if tofollow==nil then
tofollow=df.global.world.units.active[0]
end
if unit==nil then
print=("no one is selected")
end
 v.relations.following=tofollow
 v.relations.dragger_id=tofollow.id
 v.relations.draggee_id=v.id
 v.relations.unk_238=8
 tofollow.relations.draggee_id=v.id
 --[[unit.relations.following=tofollow
 v.relations.unk_258=tofollow.id
 v.relations.unk_238=8
 tofollow.relations.unk_254=v.id]]--
 end
     return true
end},

{name="Let go",f=function (unit_list)
 for k,v in pairs(unit_list) do
if tofollow==nil then
tofollow=df.global.world.units.active[0]
end
if unit==nil then
print=("no one is selected")
end
 v.relations.following=nil
 v.relations.dragger_id=-1
 v.relations.draggee_id=-1
 v.relations.unk_238=-1
 tofollow.relations.draggee_id=-1
 end
     return true
end},

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Help plz

How can i get cauldron?
Where i can do rock axe and other stuff. Cant find this worckshop :'(
 genesis 5.8
Cauldrons are tools, forge them under miscellaneous in forge.
What do you mean "rock axe"? If you mean it's reaction/building requesting "rock axe", it means "inorganic axe", it's just how DF shows that. So metal axe should work. Where do you need it?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

LostLover

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Simple cheap rock hand axe  from - Stonecutter's workshop in old genesis ;/
And now training dummy not exist?

and i cant find clay to collect... see clay but when set zone> always see 0 clay;
Cant find rocksmashing workshop from old genesis.

and 1 more My Weaponsmith read 5 tablets in library he get 0 xp.

Here spoilers can help newb,attach in top plz, i broke my head when try to find this, sory for bad lang:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dibber6

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I asked about my problem in the DF hack thread and got no reply. Should I try putting the file in system 32 like you recommended, Deon?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

- Simple cheap rock hand axe  from - Stonecutter's workshop in old genesis ;/
- And now training dummy not exist?
- Cant find rocksmashing workshop from old genesis.
Ah, no rock axes for now, it's easy to make though. I just haven't made Stonecutter's workshop because destroying rocks is no longer needed (drop rate of boulders is much lower( and rocktip bolts/arrows are made in fletcher's workshop now.
And no training dummies because military training now works really well, you don't need to find workarounds.

and i cant find clay to collect... see clay but when set zone> always see 0 clay;
Make sure it's not pelagic clay, silty clay loam or clay loam. Other soils with "clay" in name work fine, I just tested on a fresh world.

and 1 more My Weaponsmith read 5 tablets in library he get 0 xp.
That's strange, unless Toady changed something about custom reaction the library should work. I will definitely test it today. Thank you for the feedback.

Your religious buildings' info is old, I updated it and changed around in the latest update. I will add info about alchemy, the problem is that the 1st post becomes too big so I need to start working on a proper manual pretty soon.

And religious reactions are meant to require some learning attempts, so I don't want to show exact numbers :).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 11:22:15 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I asked about my problem in the DF hack thread and got no reply. Should I try putting the file in system 32 like you recommended, Deon?
Go ahead, DFHack is not a malware :). Try asking again, they could miss your question.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hmm I should mention that you can alter the site type after the world gen is complete so that you can visit dwarves in mountain homes, elves in their homes, raid Fallen forts.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

How is it done?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How is it done?
Code: [Select]
function sitetest(site)
--if site==nil then
--site=getsiteAtPos(x,y,z)
--dfhack.TranslateName(site.name,true)
--end
--print(site.id)
--A=getline()
--printall(df.global.world.world_data.sites[0+A].name)
--printall(df.global.world.world_data.sites[0+A])
--civ=df.global.world.world_data.sites[0+A]
--df.global.world.world_data.sites.type=0+A
for k,v in pairs(df.global.world.world_data.sites) do
print(k)
if v.type==4 then
v.type=9
end
if v.type==1 then
v.type=8
end
if v.type==7 then
v.type=8
end
if v.type==3 then
v.type=8
end
end

--Adv=Getadv()
--Advid=Adv.unit.id
--civ.owner1=Advid
end
"body swapping and YOU!"

bloodmerc

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Wow, nice job! You're really cranking out these new versions! Question: do I need to gen a new world/start a new fortress/adventurer when I upgrade to the newer ones?
I know other people have mentioned it, but I hope you can find some time to do a version in Phoebus...  ASCII still makes my eyes cry blood (call me shallow) and I'm too use to PH to recognize Ironhand.  :o

Also, if you were thinking of doing more stuff with creatures of the night, Xangi's "Fear the Night" mod is pretty ambitious (if you're into that whole mod combination thing).

P.S...first post! Long time lurker, first time poster. 8)
If I must choose between righteousness and peace I choose righteousness.   -Theodore Roosevelt

SADEyX

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hello!

Thank you for Awesome Mod.

But first,  the link in your sig goes to your website,  the link on the website goes to some other version of genesis!  Its taken me ages to figure out which version is which.

Adventure Mode - Equiping Companions
I cant seem to get this to work :(  The menu calls up, but when I try to have him unequipped or unweild anything it just exits the whole screen.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Wow, nice job! You're really cranking out these new versions! Question: do I need to gen a new world/start a new fortress/adventurer when I upgrade to the newer ones?
I know other people have mentioned it, but I hope you can find some time to do a version in Phoebus...  ASCII still makes my eyes cry blood (call me shallow) and I'm too use to PH to recognize Ironhand.  :o

Also, if you were thinking of doing more stuff with creatures of the night, Xangi's "Fear the Night" mod is pretty ambitious (if you're into that whole mod combination thing).

P.S...first post! Long time lurker, first time poster. 8)
I know FoTN, I am working along the same line, but I don't add different specific vampire types (yet) but rather unique creatures with same mechanics (vampires, succubi, lamia, wendigo, demoniac).

As I said it's really hard to update 3 folders at once with all little changes I make, so Phoebus will come later.

And you have to make new worlds if you want to see new creatures, entities, workshops, reactions etc (although it's not necessary, you can still play the old save).

Hello!

Thank you for Awesome Mod.

But first,  the link in your sig goes to your website,  the link on the website goes to some other version of genesis!  Its taken me ages to figure out which version is which.

Adventure Mode - Equiping Companions
I cant seem to get this to work :(  The menu calls up, but when I try to have him unequipped or unweild anything it just exits the whole screen.
You deselect/select companions (selected are green) with lowercase letters ("a", "b", "c" etc) and you give orders with uppercase letters ("shift+a", "shift+b" etc).  So if you want them to drop held weapons, you press Alt-C, then appropriate shift+key combo. I may change those big A,B,C to numbers instead to avoid confusion.

I haven't updated my site for a while, I should do it when I have time (now I barely get time to mod and I spend it all on Genesis :P).

P.S. Updated deonmod.webs.com with proper link, thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 10:24:39 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

SADEyX

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Oh yes,  I select my man by pressing a

Then I press Shift-D  to un-equip and it just exits to the game screen.

Also, how do you instruct them with the Move command?  I select my companion with a,  then use Shift-A and it gives me a message about needing a cursor?

Edit :

OK, I think I got my companion to Drop stuff..  but then I couldnt get him to move onto the tile where he had dropped stuff.

I moved about for ages until he finally lands on that spot.  I've got him to pick up most everything but for some reason wont pick up the crossbow that he did have equiped :S
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 11:12:33 am by SADEyX »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Enter the "look" mode (where you move cursor around to look at things), point at the tile you want your companion to move to, then press ALT-C and move command.
It takes a few attempts to learn how to do it properly, but once you master it you will see how easy it is. Just like any DF interface :P.

P.S. For your follower to move to the tile you told him to move, wait a few turns on one place (so he does not start following your direction). You can wait with the Numpad "." key (to the right of Num0).

I'm working on more races, stay tuned for further updates.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 12:41:25 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 108