Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 324256 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ GENESIS Reborn ۩۩۩ [5.13] - adventure mode classes
« Reply #555 on: January 17, 2013, 01:30:44 pm »

Hmm I really think the companion-order menu should have some use in Fort mode.
Like you assign a hero(adventurer) and local companions to points to the map.
edit: godmok, another update... dang this is going to be hard to jump into.
So deon how much of Dfhack is entwine with this release? is it possible for me to Gut Dfhack out for my version with out breaking too many parts?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

- In fortress mode you cannot coat with poison/venom just any weapon anymore. Now only arrows, bolts and spears can be coated.

Not even bladed weapons? I mean, I can understand poisoned clubs not making too much sense, but a poisoned blade does make sense.
It does, but do you want 1000 reactions for each bladed weapon type, really? :) Also you actually need a special shape for a blade to keep the poison, poisoned darts, daggers and the like were especially crafted for that task. I just decided to keep spears for this, because they seem like a type of a weapon which fits the most (well, daggers too) and I wanted to make them a bit on par with swords, axes and the like (and I need to make mauls better with some tweaking too, but it's a different story).

So deon how much of Dfhack is entwine with this release? is it possible for me to Gut Dfhack out for my version with out breaking too many parts?
You will only lose the weapon coating component and all the amazing little interface things.

Not much feedback lately, heh. Does it mean that I update too slowly and people lose interest? :D
Or maybe I should really hurry with a manual to make it more accessible.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 01:44:42 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

burchalka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd guess the latter. Hehe.
And the let's plays are really helpful to lure new players into your mod.
I started a single pick challenge in terrifying glacier biome after seeing another forumite's let's play. It got pretty safe once hit t(and walled off) the caverns. But took 5 attempts at breaking the aquifer with a cavein. :)

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile

It does, but do you want 1000 reactions for each bladed weapon type, really? :) Also you actually need a special shape for a blade to keep the poison, poisoned darts, daggers and the like were especially crafted for that task.
Ah yes, good points there :)

This, probably.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile

- In fortress mode you cannot coat with poison/venom just any weapon anymore. Now only arrows, bolts and spears can be coated.

Not even bladed weapons? I mean, I can understand poisoned clubs not making too much sense, but a poisoned blade does make sense.
It does, but do you want 1000 reactions for each bladed weapon type, really? :) Also you actually need a special shape for a blade to keep the poison, poisoned darts, daggers and the like were especially crafted for that task. I just decided to keep spears for this, because they seem like a type of a weapon which fits the most (well, daggers too) and I wanted to make them a bit on par with swords, axes and the like (and I need to make mauls better with some tweaking too, but it's a different story).

You will only lose the weapon coating component and all the amazing little interface things.

Not much feedback lately, heh. Does it mean that I update too slowly and people lose interest? :D

I replaced the DFHack completely overwritten with the latest version in-case you don't have that included and it seems to work perfectly fine. I think poison daggers would make sense you should probably keep it on those.

The problem I have is that while coal is a lot more easier ot find with your mod, there's still plenty of embarks that don't have anything of the sort and then you can't make steel.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh does companion-order still has that error where you can't select the 27th or in this case 10th thing on the list?
I ask due to people would complain over not being able to arm their undead legions after they reanimate them.
though modded in Necromancers already have issues from necromancy.
oh and I broke Companion order from just reanimating this keep

with over 107 companions.
Also reanimated companions will become hostile to an adventure mode selected Necromancer, so it must be 'the oppose of living' tag that gets added to the undead which makes them hate the necromancers.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I replaced the DFHack completely overwritten with the latest version in-case you don't have that included and it seems to work perfectly fine. I think poison daggers would make sense you should probably keep it on those.

The problem I have is that while coal is a lot more easier ot find with your mod, there's still plenty of embarks that don't have anything of the sort and then you can't make steel.
DFHack is already R2 in the mod.

Rumrusher, hostile necros are not living, it's another thing, an issue with loyalties or something which comes from adventure mode groups.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Im only a couple of hours into playing Genesis Reborn so far, and my only suggestion as yet would be to move Dyes, Venoms, Essences, and maybe Lye out of Food if possible. I'll certianly most more if more comes up =)
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Dyes are not in food! I will see what I can come up with for venom glands, but how is it a problem if I keep them in food? It's only a minor issue with stockpiles where it's not really logical to look for venoms there, but once you know they are there, how is it bad? :D

I kept venom glands as plants because it makes it possible to have the same system both for poisonous plants and creature venoms, so you don't have twice as much reactions, and also having them as plants negates the need of creation of placeholder materials for venom glands.

A quick release-fix with the first stage of alchemy is imminent.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ GENESIS Reborn ۩۩۩ [5.15] - alchemy, fixes
« Reply #564 on: January 17, 2013, 10:24:45 pm »

Buildings:
- Added "hungry festive chest" building. Feed it vermin remains for a small chance of a prize.
Alchemy
- Added different alchemical food items you can make out of animal venom glands and shrooms. They are stored with plants and your dwarves will eat them.
- Titanite ores are no longer "ores" by default; a reaction to smelt titanite is only avaliable to dwarves to stop bandits, humans, goblins and the like from getting titanite gear.
- Sphene is now a titanite ore too.
Misc
- WHY DID NOONE REPORT THIS? Power core and flamethrower attachment reactions are no longer free.
- Added a few new toys (medallions, flowers) and food items (quite a lot).
- Husks from dark religious reactions are toned down a lot, they won't slay half of your military now.

Regarding the new alchemical food items:
15 of Feline Grace Mix (boosts agility): 5 shrooms, agony venom gland.
15 of Focusing Concoction (boosts skills): 5 shrooms, hex venom gland.
15 of Ox Strength Compound (boosts strength and toughness): 5 shrooms, weakening venom gland.
15 of Speed Fudge (boosts speed): 5 shrooms, sleeping venom gland.
15 of Wondrous Medicine (boosts recuperation, removes pain): 5 shrooms, fever venom gland.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 10:28:40 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 17, 2013, 10:49:37 pm »

"body swapping and YOU!"

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 18, 2013, 12:03:10 am »

I could make a more complex interaction to call males incubi, but didn't bother with it yet.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 18, 2013, 07:55:15 am »

I could make a more complex interaction to call males incubi, but didn't bother with it yet.
eh better just picture them wearing a fake mustache.
"body swapping and YOU!"

cAPSLOCK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 19, 2013, 02:13:01 pm »

So it seems that getting titanite might just be a bit to easy. In the game I'm playing right now I just mined straight down to the rutile and got a bunch of rutile boulders, smelted them into titanite, and forged them into several good quality sets of armor within the spring of the second year.

It takes a lot less effort that getting steel does, as there is no additional refining process for it, and the only downsides are that they occur deeper in the earth and you have to smelt more rutile. Maybe its just cause I have mineral scarcity at 100 and rutile is really freaking common. XD
The flying -Wooden Bolt- strikes the Steel Clad Adventurer in the right foot, tearing the muscle and chipping the bone!

The Steel Clad Adventurer gives into pain.

The cAPSLOCK has become enraged!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 19, 2013, 03:14:25 pm »

Yeah, it's in smelter for now, but it will be in the Deep Forge soon, I forgot to mention that, so you will have to have magma to smelt it.
It was just a quick fix to stop everyone from getting titanite, so enjoy it while you can.

P.S. And apparently it's called "make coke from anthracite" because I copypasted some reaction to make this one quickly and forgot to change the reaction name... It will be fixed in a moment.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 03:21:47 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 108