Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089313 times)

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

Note the thread title.
The edited thread title.
Note: I edited it.
Hmm, new ps2 thread. PTW for now. It's the only AAA title in production that can capture my attention, for now.
I agree. Now that there is no Skyrim or Diablo 3 to be hyped about we only have PS2. Also, because no serious gamer is seriously hyped about Black Ops 2.

No serious gamer was hyped about Diablo 3. ;)

Also, is this going to be one faction per account? It kind makes sense that it would be, but then if it's F2P you can just make an account for every faction anyway I guess?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Note the thread title.
The edited thread title.
Hmm, new ps2 thread. PTW for now. It's the only AAA title in production that can capture my attention, for now.
I agree. Now that there is no Skyrim or Diablo 3 to be hyped about we only have PS2. Also, because no serious gamer is seriously hyped about Black Ops 2.

No serious gamer was hyped about Diablo 3. ;)

Also, is this going to be one faction per account? It kind makes sense that it would be, but then if it's F2P you can just make an account for every faction anyway I guess?
I hope it'll be at least 1 faction per server.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile

Note the thread title.
The edited thread title.

Glad you're the arbiter of what games ~serious gamers~ (what does that even MEAN?) can play. Black Ops 2 actually sounds like the first innovation in the franchise since at least CoD 3, at least from what they're saying presently. I probably won't buy it but dismissing it out of  hand is crazy, especially when you support Diablo 3 from the same sleazy company

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Note the thread title.
The edited thread title.

Glad you're the arbiter of what games ~serious gamers~ (what does that even MEAN?) can play. Black Ops 2 actually sounds like the first innovation in the franchise since at least CoD 3, at least from what they're saying presently. I probably won't buy it but dismissing it out of  hand is crazy, especially when you support Diablo 3 from the same sleazy company
I said hype. I didn't think that Diablo 3 was great at all. I also like the innovations that they are trying to do in Black Ops 2; which might be amazing for all that we know, considering that the last good game in that series was either Modern Warfare 1 (which I haven't played) or CoD 2 (which I love to this very day). My friend will; however, buy Black Ops 2 simply for the zombie mode. He cares little for the fancy future warfare. Other games do that better.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

Note the thread title.
The edited thread title.

I said hype. I didn't think that Diablo 3 was great at all. I also like the innovations that they are trying to do in Black Ops 2; which might be amazing for all that we know, considering that the last good game in that series was either Modern Warfare 1 (which I haven't played) or CoD 2 (which I love to this very day). My friend will; however, buy Black Ops 2 simply for the zombie mode. He cares little for the fancy future warfare. Other games do that better.

All the COD games since MW1 are the same game. So if that's a good one then they all are. I say this as someone who owns all of them.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile

Note the thread title.
The edited thread title.

All the COD games since MW1 are the same game. So if that's a good one then they all are. I say this as someone who owns all of them.

Eh I don't know about that, they all have their small little difference that make a big enough difference for me. Love MW1, Love MW2, despise BO, despise MW3, interested to see how BO2 goes.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

MW2 was good, MW3 seems to have no multiplayer maps that are good for snipers.  Didn't try BO multiplayer.  But the trend seems to be "more run-n-gun; less thought" with the styles.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

MW1 had some originality to it. The others are completely unoriginal, building off of its success. They're not bad games themselves, they just aren't original.

Does anyone have anything new to say about Planetside 2? This has kind of derailed.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

MW2 was good...
Aw dude, totally!

Speaking of Mechwarrior, are those stupid suits going to be back in PS2? I thought they were kind of cheap and annoying in the original Planetside.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Suits?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

BFRs, The big ass mechs.

Nothing has been revealed about those that I know of yet. I personally don't think they are though. All the backlash towards them should have been a lesson learned.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

What? No! I want mechs.

What's wrong with mechs anyway? Were they unbalanced in the first game or something?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

According to what I've heard, yes. Theres a video about the MAXs on youtube though, which sorta look like minimechs to me.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

The BFRs were powerful, mobile vehicles that could be crewed by only 1 person at full effectiveness.(There may have been 2 person variants)

Compared to main battle tanks, they were more powerful and effective. So fully crewing a tank was less useful than getting two BFRs.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

According to what I've heard, yes. Theres a video about the MAXs on youtube though, which sorta look like minimechs to me.
MAXs and BFRs are completely different. The MAX's were always good, BFR's were relatively stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 826