Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089230 times)

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A group of CoD kiddies join the NC, hoping to score some 360NOSCOPE headshots with their bolt drivers.  They act like they're in a military, calling each other "sir" and yelling "tango down" every time they get a kill.  They're defending a base when a purple bus barrels through the gate.  Purple Rain plays over voice chat as dozens of Vanu soldiers drop from galaxies, turning their gritty military shooter into a disco laser rave.  As the final smurf is cut down by a force blade, his last sight is the purple spandex-clad man-ass of a Vanu infiltrator strutting away.

As much as I dislike the Vanu aesthetic and visual design, that does sound kinda glorious.

Speaking of playing music over voice chat, isn't there in-vehicle voice chat? We need to figure out how to play Ride of the Valkyries in a Liberator and Long Tall Sally in a Galaxy. :D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 05:10:58 pm by Sordid »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

A group of CoD kiddies join the NC, hoping to score some 360NOSCOPE headshots with their bolt drivers.  They act like they're in a military, calling each other "sir" and yelling "tango down" every time they get a kill.  They're defending a base when a purple bus barrels through the gate.  Purple Rain plays over voice chat as dozens of Vanu soldiers drop from galaxies, turning their gritty military shooter into a disco laser rave.  As the final smurf is cut down by a force blade, his last sight is the purple spandex-clad man-ass of a Vanu infiltrator strutting away.

As much as I dislike the Vanu aesthetic and visual design, that does sound kinda glorious.

Speaking of playing music over voice chat, isn't there in-vehicle voice chat? We need to figure out how to play Ride of the Valkyries in a Liberator and Long Tall Sally in a Galaxy. :D
Since the galaxy/liberator is going to be manned by our outfit, it can just be played in the outfit chat. Shouldn't be too hard.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since the galaxy/liberator is going to be manned by our outfit, it can just be played in the outfit chat. Shouldn't be too hard.
Yeah, but not everyone's going to be in it at the same time. It'd be kinda stupid to have Long Tall Sally start blasting all of a sudden when you're sneaking around as an infiltrator.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile

Nope, CoD kiddies only play on consoles, since PCs are too complicated and none of the other CoD kiddies play on them.

CoD does not exist on the PC at all. Nope.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Nope, CoD kiddies only play on consoles, since PCs are too complicated and none of the other CoD kiddies play on them.

CoD does not exist on the PC at all. Nope.
No, theres plenty of CODS on the PC. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, so:
  • Drop pods can kill things when they hit.
  • Drop pods are slightly aimable.
  • People can choose to spawn, via drop pod, onto their squad.

I'm curious how long till we see this seriously weaponized by players.

Infiltrator runs around, finds a big tank dug in somewhere, tells a squad member to drop on them and aim for the tank. One at a time for vehicles. Dozen or so at a time for larger groups of infantry.

If possible, play the Starcraft "Nuclear Launch Detected" clip for the opposing team.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

There are two problems with that clip:
Drop pods don't make sneaky red dots appear, and they aren't filled with nukes (yet).
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't think of a better clip for a cloaked figure calling in an airstrike... And it can't be too long or else the enemy would catch on and dodge.

Suggest away if you like though.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NC fights for freedom, but actually works for corporations
TR fights for keeping power, they dont actually work for anybody.
VS fights for power i guess, commanded by ALIENZ
TR works for the current dictators/oligarchy afaik. Total control policestate mofos.
IIRC, The TR are the bastion of the earth based dictatorship which founded the colonies in the planet/star system. The conflict is kicked off by a loss of communications with the rest of the TR (dead warp gates or some shit I think), and the rebellions happen as a result.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, so:
  • Drop pods can kill things when they hit.
  • Drop pods are slightly aimable.
  • People can choose to spawn, via drop pod, onto their squad.

I'm curious how long till we see this seriously weaponized by players.

the negative is that you will suicide, resulting in that you cant spawn on your squad for some time and have to spawn further away...
on the positive, if you see a tank right next to your squad you might save their asses podding that tank. (podding also works against flying aircraft by the looks of it :3)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man trying to get that art key, some people are getting keys for some ridiculously low grade/quality shit.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hitting something with a pod kills you as well? Hmm... Okay, I guess that works as a downside.

I had been feeling that it might be a bit too powerful, but I suppose if you risk dying by trying to use it as a weapon, well, that'll keep people from using it too casually.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

I'm still holding out that I might get a key without doing any weird bullshit.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just secured it with

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

There is in-vehicle chat.  As soon as you enter a vehicle you'll be connected to the voice chat for that vehicle, so that the pilot can organize drop commands and arrange the gunners accordingly.

Dropping your pod doesn't kill what you hit, nor does it kill you.  It damages what you hit, and it leaves you in an awkward pose where you're liable to take falling or explosion damage.  It's just that the damage it does is enough to kill infantry, and aircraft are relatively fragile as well.  I suspect if you dropped onto a tank or a MAX then you'd only give it a hefty dent.

I'm still holding out for counter-counter-intelligence though.  Enemy brings in a Galaxy, lands it cloaked.  Friendly sends out an infiltrator.  Drop pods provide orbital bombardment to the enemy galaxy.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 826