Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089390 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3585 on: October 27, 2012, 12:06:27 pm »

I think that everyone experiences that regardless of class Neyven. I always think I have the drop on people and I get popped in a second, it's very aggravating.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3586 on: October 27, 2012, 12:16:33 pm »

You have to lead your target a bit if they're running. Firing bursts instead of full auto can help when shooting at a distance too, since accuracy starts to drop off after the first few shots.

Also, the HA's LMG is a medium range weapon. Not so great at long range - not accurate enough and the damage seems to drop off pretty quick as the range increases. The Medic's guns are a bit better in that regard. The LMGs are great at short to medium range though.

Rockets can actually be pretty good for sniping people at range as long as they're standing still. I hear the anti-air rocket launcher is even better for this, since it doesn't drop and flies faster. Even at long range the rockets will one shot people if it hits close enough.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 12:18:31 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: October 27, 2012, 12:22:10 pm »

The anti-air rocket launcher is amazing. There's zero drop (and I sometimes miss, thinking there's even slight drop and aiming too high) and it has a blast effect, so you don't have to hit the target exactly. I hope they never tweak it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: October 27, 2012, 01:01:11 pm »

The anti-air rocket launcher is amazing. There's zero drop (and I sometimes miss, thinking there's even slight drop and aiming too high) and it has a blast effect, so you don't have to hit the target exactly. I hope they never tweak it.
You just cursed it to be tweaked. I think i'm going to buy the anti-air one too now. If just for the fact that firing rockets at normal infantry units is too awesome not to do.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: October 27, 2012, 02:00:34 pm »

The TR anti-tank launcher also has no drop, but it's annoying because after a certain range hits don't do damage. Does the AA launcher have the same issue, or is it unlimited range?
Nothing important here, move along.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: October 27, 2012, 02:05:55 pm »

I'm loving the AA launcher. It's effective vs air too. Who woulda thunk it?  :P

Right after I got it I walked outside and shot down 3 scythes one after another. Granted, they were rather dumb pilots - one just hovered there while I shot one rocket and locked another onto him, only trying to get away after the second one was flying toward him. The other two were already half way damaged and still flying around trying to shoot things, and didn't seem to notice the lock on since they just kept flying the same way they were. Later I stood on a hillside with an ammo pack from a friendly engineer just pegging scythes as they flew by. Most of them I didn't get the kill for, but I was hitting them on the way into an area with AA guns so I got a bunch of crit kill assists for them.

They still work good for tanks too, even if they don't lock on. I managed to snipe a magrider that was way off on a hillside repairing, first I pegged the guy standing on top repairing it (probably the driver) and then shot the tank itself with two more rockets to kill it (was already badly damaged), killing a second guy who was still inside and firing the top gun back at me. Also managed to tag a retreating lightning in the back from quite a ways off.

Way more fun than the standard launcher.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: October 27, 2012, 08:18:00 pm »

My chauffer was particularly impressed with me using his Basilisk to shoot down Liberators, he invited me into the squad - gotta love liberator pilots who think they're safe flying in straight lines.

But my one question to Sony at the moment is - Why, just why, is 'minute' considered profane and gets changed to ****?  I told my chauffer I "have to go AFK for a minute" and that was not the message he got.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: October 27, 2012, 08:24:21 pm »

it also filters 'assault' and 'k,'

At one point I was gunning for someone and said "k, ammo full". It came out as "**** ammo full". Later I said I liked heavy assault when people were discussing classes, it came out as "I like heavy ****"

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: October 27, 2012, 09:14:12 pm »

It filters some strange things and misses some really offensive terms. Someone was typing about how they were going to "rape the vanu" and apparently that was fine :-\.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: October 27, 2012, 09:16:47 pm »

The entire profanity filter thing may be just a giant troll. It's the best way to explain how silly it's been.
Nothing important here, move along.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: October 27, 2012, 09:27:54 pm »

The entire profanity filter thing may be just a giant troll. It's the best way to explain how silly it's been.

Especially since at one point it was replacing words. Bullshit became "Tactics" IIRC. SO my sentence would read "The NC are using nothing but tactics." XD

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: October 27, 2012, 09:52:57 pm »

I think it replaces "woops" with "cantaloupe". I end up saying "cantaloupe" every time I mess up a grenade toss.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: October 27, 2012, 10:00:22 pm »

Eventually, every word will be 'on the list' and you'll end up with sentences that make no sense what-so-ever.
Of course, they can do nothing at all about voice comms.

The tactics decimated my nanites.

Of course, it could accidentally make some sense occasionally.

Edit: And it seems that bronze is a no go as well.  Just got a bronze medal with the Basilisk, but when I relayed that to my chauffer, bronze became ****.  Seriously, WTF?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 10:56:28 pm by Darkening Kaos »
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: October 28, 2012, 12:30:20 am »

Incase you guys were unaware, /profanity disables the filter.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: October 28, 2012, 04:44:09 am »

Peace becomes **** too, but that could just be a joke.
Dev trollage is the best trollage.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 826