Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089766 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3825 on: November 09, 2012, 10:59:17 pm »

The EM1 is pretty nice. It's what I've been using lately (used to use the 240 point one but it got hit with the nerf bat pretty hard). I have one set up with one of each upgrade - high velocity ammo, reflex sight, compensator, and extended magazine. It's an effective gun. I haven't tried the default one enough post-nerf to see how it compares after the changes, but the slower fire rate of the default one turned me off a bit. The increased damage may make up for it, I haven't tested it enough to know really.

The EM1 has some pretty accurate bursts now, even with the high velocity ammo. Can take people out at mid range pretty quick with it.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: November 09, 2012, 11:04:46 pm »

Nice.
I might give it a go, although it will take me a while to get it upgraded.

Thanks for that.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: November 10, 2012, 08:55:46 am »

What about short range?
I found myself playing alot more HA lately, so i'm intrested too.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3828 on: November 10, 2012, 01:17:50 pm »

It's good short range too, generally the only guys that kill me short range are the shotgun users (unless they flank me, of course). Like I said I'm not sure how it compares to the basic SAW though, since I haven't bothered with it.

We could get together and do dps testing on it if we wanted to. A bit of friendly fire from the same distance with both guns to see how much shield they knock off, then compare the fire rate. I have all 3 heavy guns so we could test them all for that if we wanted. The EM1 seems to have low recoil going for it, which would have to be factored in for mid range, but for close up the DPS is all that matters.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: November 10, 2012, 01:38:33 pm »

Flares seem a little OP. Any time i fire at a scythe they just do flares and are gone. Apparantly they can be certed up to 15 seconds between uses.
:/

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: November 10, 2012, 01:42:08 pm »

Yeah, makes AA missiles near useless unless you're en-masse. The one thing about them is that you're trading off ejection seats, so you either have to fly engineer and try not to die long enough to repair yourself or go light assault and lose the ability to repair yourself.
Nothing important here, move along.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: November 10, 2012, 01:45:09 pm »

Yeah, I have some questions about he first three guns on Medic and Light Assault myself. I was lucky enough to have my other char still around to get some HA and Medic testing in, but I just want some outside opinions on the guns. mainly, which one seems the most versatile?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: November 10, 2012, 02:04:05 pm »

Yeah, makes AA missiles near useless unless you're en-masse. The one thing about them is that you're trading off ejection seats, so you either have to fly engineer and try not to die long enough to repair yourself or go light assault and lose the ability to repair yourself.

If you fly Light assault you can purchase that one auto repair trait, I have it, it's nice.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: November 11, 2012, 09:43:03 pm »

Here are some beta keys:
6DT9MG429KTTFNX3NC79
4T372M7HMKR99NPJ4CEX
P323KMDEEP4HDE2GJHX4
CXAP32PX6E2492P76HGZ
TDR9XE69NN9MHKD64MET
Only a simple mind can be certain.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: November 11, 2012, 09:49:04 pm »

I fly engy with flares, flares are almost a must and a captain goes down with its ship so i dont want ejection seats.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: November 11, 2012, 09:49:48 pm »

They just sent 5 keys to $everyone. Not to mention the keys in the previous emails.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: November 11, 2012, 10:06:32 pm »

At this rate, there's no need to make the game public. So many keys.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #3837 on: November 11, 2012, 10:08:36 pm »

So, anyone on Thebes? Preferably VS, though i can just create another character or two if most of you are in TR or NC.

Or are most of you on another server?

EDIT: Read the OP, answered my question. Jesus, we're spread out all over the place server-wise.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 10:11:56 pm by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: November 11, 2012, 10:36:11 pm »

Well, I have a feeling that battles over tech plants are going to be absolutely crazy now. The ability to take away enemy heavy armor is going to be too good to pass up.

I also predict lag-fests as 50 soldiers crowd around control nodes.
Nothing important here, move along.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: November 11, 2012, 11:10:51 pm »

I'm glad to see SOE's pretty on top of things with these new changes, and not being afraid to flesh it out so close to release. I'm liking pretty much everything I see so far. Lots of people are griping about the health regeneration but I don't see it as much of a big deal, it only gives new players a bit of extra surviving power before they cert into the med kits, and it'll only be effective if you're extremely careful. It's also virtually pointless considering how effective medic healing is and the fact that armor/shield has a regenerating mechanic in the first place, meaning it doesn't change the outcome of a firefight.
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 826