Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089323 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #7155 on: May 01, 2013, 02:56:30 pm »

Scrapper. Basilisk is a waste on the Flash- get the Fury.  Kobalt is good too if you want a cheap anti-infantry solution.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7156 on: May 01, 2013, 03:00:48 pm »

Derp, I meant Kobalt, the 100 cert one.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7157 on: May 01, 2013, 03:04:38 pm »

Get the Kobalt, then.  Do note that it's much better at long range than you would think it would be- it turns you into a mobile turret.  To be an in-your-face infantry terror, you need the Fury.  Kobalt is good damage and very surprisingly accurate with its tiny cone.

Scrapper is certainly my choice of chassis, but if you want to kill with it, you sort of need the weapon.

I say sort of, because you can still run dudes over with it.  You don't even have to uncloak to do that!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7158 on: May 01, 2013, 03:28:09 pm »

Yeah, already got about 7 TR's doing that XD
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7159 on: May 01, 2013, 03:30:54 pm »

Two FYIs, though:

1.  There is a Fury nerf in place on the test server.  There's no information on if/when that will make it to live, though.
2.  The Renegade is terrible.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7160 on: May 01, 2013, 03:34:25 pm »

Get the Kobalt, then.  Do note that it's much better at long range than you would think it would be- it turns you into a mobile turret.  To be an in-your-face infantry terror, you need the Fury.  Kobalt is good damage and very surprisingly accurate with its tiny cone.

Scrapper is certainly my choice of chassis, but if you want to kill with it, you sort of need the weapon.

I say sort of, because you can still run dudes over with it.  You don't even have to uncloak to do that!

Unless your outfit does ops that call for a Basilisk (I have a ton of Prowler/Sundy kills on my Basilisk Flash due to ops), I'd argue that it's probably better to skip a gun for the Flash altogether.

The high TTK of the Kobalt and the bounciness of the Flash in general means that any decent infantry player can win against a Kobalt Flash 1on1. You would need to stand still to be competitive with the Kobalt, and that destroys the whole advantage of being on a Flash. The Fury is great but it has a nerf coming, so it's not worth buying until we see the final tweaks.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 03:36:33 pm by PrimusRibbus »
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7161 on: May 01, 2013, 03:46:34 pm »

My SMG has a flashlight, all your arguments are invalid.

Its OP as all hell.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7162 on: May 01, 2013, 03:52:56 pm »

I got the Fury and Kobalt long ago in a bundle sale.

The Kobalt can also kill from 100m, and easily outrange pretty much everything but the more accurate LMGs and the long rifles.  If you're close enough to be threatened, back up.  I will agree that it's better for open field scenarios, and is thus good in places like northern Indar and Esamir.  You do run the risk of getting sniped, of course.

On that note, after I picked up a SMG I actually play Infil now (I hate sniping).  It's amazing how easy it is to blink in and out of cloak and pick people off.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7163 on: May 01, 2013, 11:10:44 pm »

I got the Fury and Kobalt long ago in a bundle sale.

The Kobalt can also kill from 100m, and easily outrange pretty much everything but the more accurate LMGs and the long rifles.  If you're close enough to be threatened, back up.  I will agree that it's better for open field scenarios, and is thus good in places like northern Indar and Esamir.  You do run the risk of getting sniped, of course.
Never got sniped while on the flash. Only deaths while actually on the flash are tank mines, and tank shells right to the face...

Quote from: Toaster
On that note, after I picked up a SMG I actually play Infil now (I hate sniping).  It's amazing how easy it is to blink in and out of cloak and pick people off.
Exactly. That was the best 1k certs I've invested the whole game. I still haven't gotten up to my semi-auto (default) sniper kills, though, but I'm closing in a lot faster.

Part of why I'm thinking I actually want Scrapper first is because I like to do drive-by mining trips with my friend (it still works :P). I've played around with Scrapper 3 in the VR, but it just doesn't seem to really improve all that much for 3 ranks. Is it most evident at rank 1?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7164 on: May 02, 2013, 03:25:54 am »

Looks like I'll be saving up for the Raven.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7165 on: May 02, 2013, 03:44:50 am »

My SMG has a flashlight, all your arguments are invalid.

Its OP as all hell.

So is it capable of blinding people like the tac light attachment in Battlefield 3, or is it completely useless?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7166 on: May 02, 2013, 04:10:47 am »

Looking at the GU08 notes, it seems VS gets screwed. Again. Aesthetics notwithstanding, the Vortex appear to be the worst of the three new AV MAX weapons.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #7167 on: May 02, 2013, 04:20:25 am »

The day the VS MAX gets on par with the other two, I'm moving to hell. First because the complaints of the eternally damned would be less unnerving than the whining of the TR and NC (not all of them, no offence.), and second because by then hell would be cold enough to be a good vacation.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7168 on: May 02, 2013, 04:22:17 am »

Looking at the GU08 notes, it seems VS gets screwed. Again. Aesthetics notwithstanding, the Vortex appear to be the worst of the three new AV MAX weapons.

Not enough purple spandex on it for you?  Hmmm?
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #7169 on: May 02, 2013, 04:30:59 am »

looking at it, these weapons appear to be pretty unbalanced.
The VS weapon is basically the ESRL. And the ESRL sucks, because fully charged it is weaker than a basic RL, and charging takes AGES. And sometimes fail. I can accept the non-charged shot to deal next to no damage, but not a 3-sec charged shot to hit an INF in the head and not kill it.
The TR weapon is apparently some sort of Prowler turret, and the NC is the Engi's AC turret...

A guy did the maths:
NC: 23,520 damage per minute at all ranges
TR: 25,200 damage per minute at all ranges
VS: 15,300 damage per minute close, 9,180 damage per minute at 300m
Charge doesn't change the DPS.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 04:35:11 am by kaian-a-coel »
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 826