Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084927 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #10590 on: June 07, 2014, 05:26:07 pm »

How many of you "realistic tanks" folks would be willing to get a tank buff if it meant you had to have a dedicated driver? I'd be willing to discuss that. Hell, I'd be all for it.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10591 on: June 07, 2014, 05:32:08 pm »

I would kill to be that dedicated driver.  But that would likely require a hellishly good gunner.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10592 on: June 07, 2014, 05:35:29 pm »

How many of you "realistic tanks" folks would be willing to get a tank buff if it meant you had to have a dedicated driver? I'd be willing to discuss that. Hell, I'd be all for it.
I think I said it earlier, but I would love to have 2-3 man tanks. You could even make it an option in the 'vehicle management' screen whether you want the driver to also be the gunner or to have separate crew members. This would allow tanks to work the way they already do now or to allow more cooperation (along with more crew members = more repairing). This is one of the reason I'm waiting for the Valkryie is cause of all the crew members. Separate gunner and pilot should be nice with forward mounted gun.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10593 on: June 07, 2014, 06:47:35 pm »

TR Max with Chainguns is pretty terrible at close range, they just don't fire fast enough to justify the recoil. I mean, sure, they shred foes, but it's nothing that the Pounder can't do in less time, and the only difference is heavy drop on the Pounder.

I use (well, used, when I played) the pounders even for exclusive AA situations like in a biolab. The TTK is similar to the mercies, the damage is much more bursty, there's a (rather small) AoE, and best of all they shred enemy maxes too.

TR dedicated AA weapons have just been nerfed too much, no point in using them anymore really.

Pounder used to be terrible before the fixed they projectiles - they used to come from the guns making it almost impossible to hit with both at close range. Now they come from the center of the screen, so they are actually usable.

Twin bursters are not too bad if you're locked down, but you're pretty much just an AA Turret with poorer range of motion at that stage. Yeah, I'd have to say I prefer pounder over the chainguns.

By AA I meant anti-infantry but I was somewhat sleep deprived at the time so it came out AA and I didn't notice till just now  :-[ oops.

I think tanks, or at least MBTs, should require a dedicated driver right now (well, maybe the driver can shoot the top gun so he does not get too bored).

So, I'm all for it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 06:50:53 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10594 on: June 07, 2014, 07:10:38 pm »

Still waiting for them to make flares not complete bullshit.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10595 on: June 07, 2014, 07:28:47 pm »

I wish that they could fix the crashes.  It's been two years, and it crashes after about 5 minutes on minimum or near-minimum settings for me.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10596 on: June 07, 2014, 07:42:38 pm »

I wish that they could fix the crashes.  It's been two years, and it crashes after about 5 minutes on minimum or near-minimum settings for me.
Are your specs up to par for min-settings?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10597 on: June 07, 2014, 07:48:37 pm »

Depending on your system running on higher graphics can actually be beneficial. A lot of things use the CPU on lower settings but the GPU on higher ones. Also, disable shadows.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10598 on: June 07, 2014, 07:49:42 pm »

The driver should get a forward fireing basilisk or kobalt on the hull imo the 2 gunners get the main gun and the top aux gun.
However i think there should be 2 layouts s the old 2 person tank was also availble.
Or maybe make a super heavy tank thats drivem by 3-4 players like a ground liberator of sorts.

Overall i think tanks are too weak in this game... esecially against infantry because 2 packs of C4 turns it into a burning wreck.
In other games like Battlefield 2142tanks were arguably weaker as 1 rocket to the back autokilled them (they did get an active rocket disposal shield tho) but people had less means to C4 them... means being only an infiltrator with constantly humming stealth device that emits an even louder sound when decloaking meaning every tank could just drive away upon hearing the sound.

But PS2? A LA cna just dive bomb with them and kill a tank unspotted.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10599 on: June 07, 2014, 07:52:40 pm »

Wasn't Hossin due out in may? What happened with that?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10600 on: June 07, 2014, 07:53:03 pm »

Are your specs up to par for min-settings?

I might have not updated the graphics card driver yet; I've heard that the newer version don't crash. Hopefully that's the problem, since my computer can run most other new games fine.

PPE: Only the tanks that pay no attention to what's going on around them or are unsupported get C4'd (except for C4 used as a land mine).

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10601 on: June 07, 2014, 08:08:53 pm »

PPE: Only the tanks that pay no attention to what's going on around them or are unsupported get C4'd (except for C4 used as a land mine).
Again you can't watch all directions at once and a LA can come from just about anywhere short of bursting from the ground under you and unlike other games BF2141 you don't get any warning unless you have a radar on yur tank and closely watch the minimap at all times.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10602 on: June 07, 2014, 08:20:11 pm »

Wasn't Hossin due out in may? What happened with that?

They suspended it to work on battle isles for MLG, IIRC.

If you're going to ask what happened to battle isles, I have no clue.

Edit: according to planetside wiki (http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Hossin) it was delayed till "summer 2014" because of the lattice reworks and the optimization work they did.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 08:31:32 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10603 on: June 07, 2014, 08:50:40 pm »

Again you can't watch all directions at once and a LA can come from just about anywhere short of bursting from the ground under you and unlike other games BF2141 you don't get any warning unless you have a radar on yur tank and closely watch the minimap at all times.
That's why you play with support (other tanks/people) or play in a MBT with a top gunner.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10604 on: June 07, 2014, 08:54:20 pm »

So what do you guys think, is it better to go with a secondary tank gun that lets you kill the enemy tanks quicker or some that can kill the infantry better than the main gun? I'd almost like to say go for the anti-finantry power, but if you have proper support like DarkStar is suggesting then it's kinda redundant.
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 826