Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 730 731 [732] 733 734 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089884 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #10965 on: July 31, 2014, 04:25:54 pm »

I've enjoyed nearly every short-mid rifle infil run I've had.  Headshots at 50m when the target's looking at you are much more satisfying than plinking newbies at 300m who are standing around waiting to be shot.

Until you try it with a shoddy framerate and can't even line up bodyshots on stationary foes... :(

I need to get a job to get a computer capable of PS2 on High enough to show me where infis hide, and high enough for me to smoothly move my view without it sliding past foes i'm attempting to shoot.

I did get myself a bolt action rifle and got one kill with it, so I got that going for me, which is nice. I also picked up the ASP Grounder G2A rocket for my heavy, because i was sick of being lolpodded at range.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10966 on: July 31, 2014, 04:30:43 pm »

So, do we have an outfit? I've started playing again, on Hossin.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10967 on: July 31, 2014, 04:32:34 pm »

Faction?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10968 on: July 31, 2014, 04:39:01 pm »

I've enjoyed nearly every short-mid rifle infil run I've had.  Headshots at 50m when the target's looking at you are much more satisfying than plinking newbies at 300m who are standing around waiting to be shot.

Until you try it with a shoddy framerate and can't even line up bodyshots on stationary foes... :(

I need to get a job to get a computer capable of PS2 on High enough to show me where infis hide, and high enough for me to smoothly move my view without it sliding past foes i'm attempting to shoot.

I did get myself a bolt action rifle and got one kill with it, so I got that going for me, which is nice. I also picked up the ASP Grounder G2A rocket for my heavy, because i was sick of being lolpodded at range.
This. I love PlanetSide almost do death, but I can't really play in battles over 25 people large. And on low - I could see infiltrators on medium, but not on low. I really wish they had a separate option for that...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10969 on: July 31, 2014, 04:58:25 pm »

Faction?
NC, but I can swap.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10970 on: July 31, 2014, 05:52:31 pm »

They really need to do another feature freeze and reoptomise things again.

That month of November was fantastic after the OMFG patch but performance now feels worse than it did prior to the patch, especially hating how much mouse lag I'm getting regardless of whether I use raw input or not.
One of the main contributors to why I just cancelled my sub's renewal.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10971 on: July 31, 2014, 05:54:29 pm »

The problem with that is they spend so much time balancing shit that they barely implement any actual features. It would be nice to have them focus on optimizations for a bit though.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10972 on: July 31, 2014, 06:07:17 pm »

They are supposedly fixing some of the mouse lag in the next patch. I played a bit on the PTS and it felt completely different. Hesitate to say better, but was dealing with trans-Atlantic ping and higher than usual settings (for test purposes), so rarely broke 15fps in fights (usually I can get up to at least 20...). Definitely seemed smoother, but worked alongside everything else to make aiming impossible. Want to see how it works without the latency and with more carefully crafted settings.

I think they are trying to push out the directives, quick spawn and new resource system now. I don't see them doing another serious optimisation pass till after the Valkyrie at least, which is already getting there

Speaking of the above, directives seem fun and reasonably well thought out, with a couple exceptions. A few class directives require buying specific weapons (eg, Jackhammer for Heavy) or are absurdly situational (MAX punch...). Didn't pay enough attention to the resource system, but seems somewhere between smooth and unobtrusive and frustrating. Easy to run dry and be unable to use consumables. Especially if you are using a MAX and accidentally quick spawn in a new suit at full cost. These two things alone are a huge balance/content patch when they finally go live.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10973 on: July 31, 2014, 06:33:04 pm »

I wonder how many people are going to be jelly of the jelly armor/weapons

I think the rumble seats should been more like this because it looks like the way it is now you're likely to shoot at your own vehicle. It also looks spaceous enough that they could feasibly add 2 passenger seats/1 MAX seat, but I think they shoot that idea down every time it comes up. It's the difference between spawning 2 valks or 3 valks or a galaxy for a squad (Also, with the new resource system, the guy who gets stuck spawning the galaxy is not going to have nanites for ground use).

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10974 on: August 01, 2014, 02:25:42 am »

I, Mono124, Ruskin and some others are starting a fresh new outfit on Emerald, TR. We decided to all go where we didn't already have characters to avoid the usual bickering. If you want in, definitely join our teamspeak- there's a link in my signature.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10975 on: August 01, 2014, 05:32:33 am »

I hate carbines.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10976 on: August 01, 2014, 06:38:39 am »

I hate carbines.

As an AC-X11 user I can't possibly understand this statement.  :P

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10977 on: August 01, 2014, 09:15:09 am »

As a Razor GD-23 user I can't possibly understand why you'd use that.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 11:30:49 am by Sordid »

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10978 on: August 01, 2014, 10:31:04 am »

As an Razor GD-23 user I can't possibly understand why you'd use that.
Three headshot kill out to ~50m. 0 ADS COF. If you can get on top of a tower or the central perch in a biolab you can clean up nicely with it.

I'd guess it's a similar split to that you'd see between the SAW and EM6. I can recognise the strengths, but feel the lack of that extra damage tier and hyper-reliable first shot.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10979 on: August 01, 2014, 11:32:06 am »

Yeah, I don't understand the love for the God SAW either. I much prefer the EM6.
Pages: 1 ... 730 731 [732] 733 734 ... 826