Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1085015 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #11175 on: August 19, 2014, 07:40:57 am »

The image was of a M79...

Xbow with explosive bolts is weak, and silent.

ALso, it fires three shots. I wasnt a large, loud, slow, single shot grenade launcher.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11176 on: August 19, 2014, 07:57:53 am »

Just take a carbine with a UBGL. it's basically exacly what you want.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11177 on: August 19, 2014, 08:40:13 am »

Except its been nerfed to the point of uselessness.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11178 on: August 19, 2014, 01:56:35 pm »

Can someone do me a favor and check out my cert list and let me know if there are any fun things I'm missing out on? I cant fly and I'm not too keen on group play, so air and the sundy are out, but I can't find much else in the form of infantry or vehicle toys to play around with.

Maybe a pump action? Work on the MAX? I'm not sure!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11179 on: August 19, 2014, 02:16:33 pm »

If you insist on a pump action, then get the Claw -- faster refire time is worth more than one pellet.

Also, seeing as how you already have wraith cloaking on your Flash, trial out the Renegade. Drive around cloaked and shoot people with it, preferably from third person. I find it hilarious, you may or may not enjoy it. While you can't pair it with the wraith, a level of Flash turbo could also be useful for various things.

Other than that, start maxing out the upgrades for the things you use most.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11180 on: August 19, 2014, 03:03:29 pm »

NC ES rocket launcher because arcing high damage rockets over walls and between obstacles is fun.

Skyguard because killing the intercourse out of those pigdisgusting ESF and liberator pilots is fun.

Crossbow for the stalkerflator... it's an odd wepaon because of the different ammo types availble.
Standard is... well it's not really a proper sniper weapon because it can only oneshot infiltrators and the bolt quickly begins to drop but its still very powerful for a sidearm that lets you dispatch wounded enemies.
Explosive allows you to be a thorn in the side of vehicles... and sensor is.. well what it says on the tin.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11181 on: August 19, 2014, 03:04:35 pm »

NC ES rocket launcher because arcing high damage rockets over walls and between obstacles is fun.

SCREAMING FREEDOM EAGLE

is kinda disappointing because they keep nerfing it
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11182 on: August 19, 2014, 03:23:05 pm »

The Phoenix (I think that's the name of it?) looks a little iffy to me because of that less-than-lethal damage. Looks hard to steer the thing, and even if I do land a shot with it it's not even going to do all that much other than finish off something already on fire or scare away infils. Still, I've never actually used it, I could be wrong.

Skyguard might be interesting. I trialed it and didnt get to do much, but (at least in theory) it should be pretty useful. Ill think about that one!

Crossbows... I'm not sure if they're all that effective, but damn I might just get one for the sake of having a crossbow. Probably would want to invest in stalker cloak, though, and so far I havent.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11183 on: August 19, 2014, 04:08:26 pm »

The Phoenix has a few pros and cons.

Pro:

You can hit targets from cover where they can't hit or see you.
Massed, it can deliver an awesome alpha strike that can drop any ground target from full to dead. (In fairness, the Lancer can do this as well.)
No lock warning for the target, and immune to flares.
Does about 99% damage to an ESF; from full to burning with about 4 seconds of life.
Sounds awesome (SCREAMING FREEDOM EAGLE)
Each shot does a lot of damage (1500 IIRC)
Can be *sort of* dumbfired.  (See note at bottom)

Con:

It can be shot down, and it's not that hard to do so.
The 300m range is rather limiting.
The TTK at range is rather low, considering while you're flying the rocket, you're not reloading.
Shooting infantry is a waste of time.
Its MAX damage is unimpressive.
While you can murder ESFs, good luck hitting one.  An unsuspecting lolpodder is fair game, but any other flyer is a waste of time.
The turn radius is decent, but you're not going to be doing 180s.

Trial it to get a feel for it.  It's kind of situational now, and I don't really see that many being used, especially after the lockons dropped to 250 certs.

If you release control early, it keeps flying in the same direction you pointed it, but it suddenly gains a *lot* of drop.  An early release on a sure hit can save a second off your rearm time.

With the above, there's a trick to dumbfire it.  Hold the fire key when you're locating your target.  As there's no true dumbfire, this does nothing.  When you're aiming where you want to shoot, hit your aim key.  The rocket will instantly fire.  Drop it immediately if you're right at the tank's butt, where you should be using this trick.

[When it first came out, it could one shot infantry and was hilariously overpowered.]
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11184 on: August 19, 2014, 05:28:44 pm »

check out my cert list

Quote from: Rex_Nex's cert list
Sunderer Smoke

Bwahahaha oh man.

Given your cert situation, I would work on more fully certing out your infantry classes. Items include:

1) Getting the last rank of your engineer tool certed out.
2) Fully certing out your ammo pack. (You get to throw two at max rank.)
3) Sticky nades. (They're useful really.)
4) Getting the last rank of the Nano-Regen Device.
5) Getting the last rank of Jump Jets.
6) Certing out Adrenaline Shield or Resist Shield but ideally both. Resist is cheaper.
7) A bunch of suit slots at your discretion. (Advanced Shield Capacitor is both good and cheap, Nanoweave is good, etc.)

That all should keep you occupied for a very good long while. They're not fun certs but they will improve your effectiveness.

I recommend infantry certifications mostly because I am an infantry player.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11185 on: August 19, 2014, 05:48:04 pm »

I am liking the Serpent a lot more than my previous engy weapon. Feels like I'm getting more done when I hit something with it even though it eats up ammo.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11186 on: August 19, 2014, 07:48:24 pm »

I looked it up, and it's any of the default Empire carbines with their respective upgrade gun having an underbarrel grenade launcher - eg. the TRAC-5 S, whose only difference to the standard TRAC-5 is more equipment slots.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #11187 on: August 19, 2014, 09:46:42 pm »

How about this- it's a primary-slot weapon, probably nanosystem, and all it does is lob your grenades for you. It's a big upgrade from throwing them, but you still have to pay for the 'nades, and you don't get any additional ammo (maybe carry one additional 'nade in the weapon itself).

It'd be interesting on a LA or HA, but a huge step down from having an actual gun.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11188 on: August 19, 2014, 10:49:37 pm »

"New" Nanite Systems Heavy weapon.

Bulldog-I

Some idiot ripped a Bulldog off a busted Sunderer and went to town. Nanite systems, being smart weapons mongers, noticed this and quickly released an Infantry variant. Movement speed is drastically reduced while equipped, and the recoil ensures no two shots will ever fly the same way, at least not without significant downtime between, but its still a Bulldog in the hands of a Heavy.

Differences from "Standard" Bulldogs

Heavily reduced ammo. Two extra reloads, tops. Maybe just one.
Extremely high recoil and moving CoF. Slightly higher standing CoF.
Reduced effectiveness of ammo. I think somewhat weaker then the harrasser variant.
Reduced move speed just having it in a slot, and greatly reduced speed when its out.

Of course, this would never go through, as it would turn the Valk into a pocket galaxy.

Also, for added hilarity, the Auraxium variant would have an underbarrel grenade launcher, a compensator, and an advanced foregrip.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11189 on: August 20, 2014, 07:38:48 am »

How about this- it's a primary-slot weapon, probably nanosystem, and all it does is lob your grenades for you. It's a big upgrade from throwing them, but you still have to pay for the 'nades, and you don't get any additional ammo (maybe carry one additional 'nade in the weapon itself).

It'd be interesting on a LA or HA, but a huge step down from having an actual gun.

Or maybe something like this.

And while I'm posting a wish list...
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 826