Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089229 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #11565 on: February 04, 2015, 02:39:24 am »

Far enough, but TBH I think I'd have taken a lot longer to learn the game if it hadn't dumped people straight into fights with zero explanation of anything. Like, it's a FPS. All you need to know is 'standard controls, now go kill people and work out the fine details on your own'. Unless you start with a VS character, in which case good luck killing anyone with most of those shitty defaults.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11566 on: February 04, 2015, 04:25:07 am »

So did SOE ever fix the ejection seat / c4 not detonating properly / hitreg issues yet?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11567 on: February 04, 2015, 04:56:06 am »

The ejection seat bug hasn't been fixed. I don't think spotty C4 has been fixed either.

People don't complain about hit reg issues all that much anymore so maybe that was fixed, but who can say for sure.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11568 on: February 04, 2015, 05:50:16 am »

Is the game still full of people that have an uncanny ability to land a full burst right into your noggin?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11569 on: February 04, 2015, 06:23:02 am »

Yes, that still happens.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #11570 on: February 04, 2015, 06:36:57 am »

Do you still unload an entire clip into someone without them dying, then have them kill you with what seems like two shots?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11571 on: February 04, 2015, 07:15:58 am »

That doesn't happen to me, but I'm probably one of the people you're complaining about.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11572 on: February 04, 2015, 07:22:25 am »

So i went back to PS2 after a long hiatus.

My observations:

The massive whining apparently managed to force SOE into nerfing the striker again. Now it's dumbfire with 6 shots.... meaning it's a Lancer without the features (accuracy, chargeup mode, no drop, velocity) that make the lancer any good.
Simply amazing!

Also NC probably got some massive buffs because TR on my server would rather fight the VS rather than NC while as long as i remember NC was the cert farming zone with their weapons that had even worse handling than TR guns... then again it's probably connected to the C4 nerf/glitch because C4 was the most reliable way of killing those abominations as prowlers with the "I can't move please shoot my sides" mode can't hold a candle to them.

So yeah it's great playing TR. At least my mossie setup consisting of Tomcats and a banshee still works and induces rage as intended.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #11573 on: February 04, 2015, 07:35:09 am »

That doesn't happen to me, but I'm probably one of the people you're complaining about.

Nah, it's not a skill difference I'm complaining about. I'm perfectly accepting of being 'worse' than other people (though actually I'm one of the most universally hated things: A good infiltrator. Or was, that is.)
Wait, I think I misunderstood what you were saying. Yeah, lucky you, having seeming server 'priority'.

It's when people survive me emptying a full clip into them, and even though I get hit markers, then spin around and shoot me 3 times (seemingly. I know it isn't actually three times, it's the server offloading all the damage at once rather than per bullet.) and I die 'instantly', then on the death screen it shows I only took out their shields, that is what I'm complaining about. Hit detection issues. At least, that used to happen, not sure about now.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11574 on: February 04, 2015, 02:35:07 pm »

Yeah UXLZ, i've had that more than once! Shoot an enemy, get hit indicators, they spin around and shoot me, and the server finally catches up and kills us both.

The thing that made me quit was this.

One glorious afternoon, the TR on Briggs were pushing the NC out. There were no Vanu, because TROL wasn't online, and that's practically the entire VS population.

I spotted a wounded NC sunderer with a few players but no engineers repairing it. I thought: THIS IS MY MOMENT FOR GLORY.

Slapped two C4 sticks onto my Flash, turbo'd over there. Ran over a guy who was waiting at the sundy, but... he took no damage. As i flew up into the air to avoid any return fire, the Flash came up to a neat rest besides the Sunderer. Hovering in the air, I mash the C4 detonate trigger...

i hear the "boom" of the C4... the flash doesn't die, the sunderer doesn't die, and i get shot out of the sky by a Jackhammer. Just the C4 disappear.

Round 2:

Similar situation, against VS this time. Wounded sundy, I'm zooming around on a flash, because it's fun and the squad leader hadn't given me orders. Heavy assault this time for survivability. The turbo on the flash is what i'm relying on to get me there.

Slap the two sticks on the Flash, start driving over to it. My intention is to jump off the flash early and let it roll to the Sunderer.

So I get within range, jump off the Flash.... and teleport into the sky. I have the wherewithal to activate my overshield and hopefully sponge some damage...
No good. Dead on impact. Waste of the flash and C4 nanites.

Round 3.

I tried a similar tactic again, though this time against a healthy sunderer. I was out of rockets, wanted to det my flash on them, because even if it didn't kill the sunderer it'd startle the players near it.

Jump off. Ejection seat bug doesn't occur. Okay, good. Fire on a few players to get their attention. The one I'm targeting's character model does the 'flinch after being hit' animation, but has no hit indicators. Oh, okay. So the NC are riled up and ready to kill me. I flick the overshield on, go to detonate the C4, and they just fizzle. I die.

Hooorah.

It was after that that I quit.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #11575 on: February 04, 2015, 03:48:39 pm »

Any TR on Miller here?

I'm currently battlerank 60 and finally getting round to learning to fly mosquitos.

In game name: Dutrius. I'm between outfits at the moment.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 03:50:13 pm by Dutrius »
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11576 on: February 04, 2015, 04:40:13 pm »

Well, if you want to be nice to a level 10 VS, I will willingly go onto miller to put some nice plasma burns on your vehicles...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11577 on: February 05, 2015, 04:49:38 pm »

Does Bay12 have any outfits on Emerald?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11578 on: February 05, 2015, 05:01:33 pm »

Does Bay12 have any outfits on Emerald?
For who?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11579 on: February 05, 2015, 05:14:02 pm »

Thats US east, right?

I think we have a not-very-active TR there.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 826