Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 816 817 [818] 819 820 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089383 times)

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #12255 on: January 19, 2017, 03:38:02 pm »

What's the butcher?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12256 on: January 19, 2017, 03:39:46 pm »

I think it's the auraxium award TR LMG.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12257 on: February 02, 2017, 06:50:24 pm »

Another update.
New (probably OP) carbine for the NSX series.
Various rebalancings for assault rifles and LMGs. Massive nerf to Fury(40mm rapid-fire grenade launcher on vehicles) splash damage, making them less viable against infantry - they are effectively intended for an anti-vehicle role now. Patchnotes mention this for Flash, Harasser, ANT, and Sunderer. Doesn't say if MBT's get a nerf(but I don't know if MBTs can actually equip the Fury).
Aircraft Bulldogs got the expected nerf, while various ground-based AA guns(Walker/Ranger) got that minor buff to lower pitch limit, while other guns got a slight pitch-down nerf.
Directive Award Pistols(Immortal/Executive/President) got buffs.
Various bugfixes, including one of the best:
Hossin’s orange glowing death-bulbs should now be easier to drive around and over.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12258 on: February 03, 2017, 06:50:21 am »

The third person vehicle change seems... ... well, it's going to take an awful lot of adjusting to, but seems like a big buff to the Prowler and Vanguard.

You can now see over the turret, so third person fighting is a thing you can do, like on the Lightning. Glad I have some certs stockpiled...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12259 on: March 30, 2017, 05:57:59 pm »

New update. Currently reading through the notes, but most of what I'm seeing is awesome.

Implant system has been revamped entirely. Energy and chargers are gone, and all currently stocked implants and chargers are replaced with ISO-4, the currency used to upgrade implants. Implants cover a pretty wide spectrum of effects now.

Engineers can now have a deployable cover item called the Hardlight Barrier. It is chest-high, and enemies who damage the barrier and then killed afterwards grant the engi Draw Fire experience and ribbons, and Draw Fire ribbons provide progress for the Engineer directive.
They can also disarm C4 like they can AT mines. *I'll admit this is sorta useless as C4 despawns when the owner respawns.

Nerf to automated anti-infantry turrets at player-built bases. This applies only to the turrets operated by the automation module, and does should not apply when a human operator is using the turret. *I'm saying "should" for now in case the screwed up the implementation.

New base structure: Orbital Strike Uplink. Orbital Strike. Appears to work similar to a the Glaive IPC artillery gun, except Orbital Strike. PRE-EDIT: Okay, looking up some the rules for it, it's apparently near-useless. It takes 15 minutes to charge, and apparently can't be fired around normal bases.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12260 on: March 30, 2017, 06:07:03 pm »

Some of these implants sound... interesting. Wonder how the cloaking one works, any class can now cloak just by sitting still for a while?

Edit: Hmm, is the only way to get them fishing with certs now?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 06:17:55 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12261 on: March 30, 2017, 06:49:29 pm »

Seems that way. Then again, I got lucky and got 3 that I really wanted from a single 3-pack - Regeneration, Safe Fall, and Ammo Printer. Still kinda want Sweeper HUD, as that rangefinder function sounds useful. Oh, I forgot to mention, you can equip two implants at a time now.

Not sure how useful the cloak one is. If it has the cloak/decloak sound effect that infiltrators have, it's garbage - that's how you locate infils, from that sound.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12262 on: March 30, 2017, 06:55:10 pm »

So implants no longer are useless half the time due to low energy? Neat.

And more engy stuff is nice.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12263 on: March 30, 2017, 07:08:10 pm »

Oh, I forgot to mention, you can equip two implants at a time now.

Not sure how useful the cloak one is. If it has the cloak/decloak sound effect that infiltrators have, it's garbage - that's how you locate infils, from that sound.
Two implants means I can have infinite tank ammo without having to give up health bars while spotted, neat.

As for cloak, sound or not, I'm sure you can find some uses for it. Defending cap points on your own, being cloaked will give you the drop on guys, for example.

Also, max safe fall lets you survive a 230 meter fall. That's pretty funny.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12264 on: March 30, 2017, 07:39:50 pm »

Falling from that high should cause a shockwave to damage nearly enemies. :P
Hell, make that an upgrade for the galaxy, so you can use passengers as bombs.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12265 on: March 30, 2017, 08:06:46 pm »

The (now rare) orbital insertion mechanic is what sold me on this game :P
Quote from: Forward Unto Dawn
Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been?
Feet first into hell and back again!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12266 on: March 30, 2017, 08:07:55 pm »

That's one thing I really miss. Watching a coordinated unit orbital drop on your ass was awe inspiring. Sure it meant you were about to get owned, but it looked amazing.

Edit: Bought a implant pack. My 750 certs got me... ... 5 safe falls. Neat...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 12:49:45 pm by Kanil »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12267 on: March 31, 2017, 05:38:16 pm »

Edit: Bought a implant pack. My 750 certs got me... ... 5 safe falls. Neat...

Ouch. On the other hand, I'm laughing at the idiots now whining about the new system, screaming how they're never playing again!! because of the unfairness of the system. The thing is, implants were never really a major impact. Not in my experience, anyhow. The new system, still not that big. More of a convenience than a game-breaker.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12268 on: March 31, 2017, 06:10:00 pm »

The prices are pretty out of whack (it's like 12,000 certs to fully upgrade an implant) and the random system kinda blows (my second 750 pack had 4 ammo printers. Although if I'm trying to upgrade them, I'll pretty quickly end up with one of each...)

I guess it's a cert sink for people who've got nothing better to spend it on, but for us lowly double digit BRs, most of the more... niche implants will almost never be worth upgrading/using. Jumping higher with Catlike 5 sounds fun, but doesn't sound 12,000 certs fun.

I can see while people would be irritated about this. I'd be irritated myself, but the charger era wasn't exactly great either. At least they gave me the most useful implant for free, and upgrading it does nothing, so I don't even have to sink certs into it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12269 on: March 31, 2017, 07:13:47 pm »

Better to have a system that doesn't do much when you're low on certs but does something, rather than a system that does nothing almsot al lthe time because it requires a resource that doesn't replenish as easily.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 816 817 [818] 819 820 ... 826