Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 657926 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: *Trumpets*
« Reply #4050 on: January 02, 2015, 12:31:17 am »

No one team can fight every single team, it can't be done.

Well, unless you allow the ban list.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: January 02, 2015, 12:43:33 am »

Not really. Even including bullshit guys like M-Rayquaza you can't really make a team that can beat everything. It can beat a lot of things, but it can't beat every thing.

There's so damn many strats and moves in Pokemon you can't possibly counter all of them.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: January 02, 2015, 12:45:39 am »

It is a lot like card games. Often it is just better to find a really powerful victory combination then it is to counter all others.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: January 02, 2015, 02:55:37 am »

I did make some changes nonetheless.  YOu're right, I can't plan for everything, but I felt like my weaknesses are all over the OU metagame and it didn't really do to be lacking in those areas.

Took out the second half of my team and replaced it with a FWG setup. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The defensive coverage FWG affords is pretty well known and I think it shores up a lot of my typing issues though the loss of VoltTurn hurts.  With protect, toxic orb, and spore Breloom turns prankster thunder wavers into setup bait, already got two wins off of it.  Bisharp was already doing the job you gave Scizor, setting up monstrously hard on hazards and blobwalls like Chansey.  That's another thing I've gotten some easy wins off of.  Brelooms also hits Swampert 4x with bullet seed and Heatran fries Ferrothorn, one of the only lumps that Bisharp can't really set up on.

Rotom-W has 30 speed IVs for a guaranteed slowvolt on other Rotoms, though given that I'm gonna have him do a lot of that I'm wondering if a more specially defensive typing won't help him more.  He doesn't take that much damage from it, either way.

EDIT:  I like this team a lot.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 03:02:36 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: January 02, 2015, 03:04:00 am »

I always give guys that have will-o-wisp special defense instead of defense. Also Rotom has levitate making it immune to the only real physical threat it has (there's power whip I guess... but only one guy uses that).

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: January 03, 2015, 04:05:34 pm »

Behold team immunity!

Look at all those immunities!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: January 12, 2015, 02:25:29 pm »

Bimp!  Decided to try my hand at Little Cup (I prefer Battle Babbys but whatever) and I like it a lot.  Things seem sort of tighter and cleaner, which is a weird way to describe it but when the numbers are so low it's easier to manage them I feel like.  Also fewer big threats.  It seems like it'd be a good place to learn the ins and outs of the game with a small meta that seems to manage to not be wonky as hell like some of the lower tiers of the regular game (RU often feels like the place where the has-beens and could've-beens of OU take out their frustration on the never-weres.  Guys like Moltres and Mega Sceptile)

I'm playing around with a sun team right now with the obvious Vulpix/Bellsprout core alongside Ponyta and Deerling as secondary threats and Chinchou and Ferrothorn providing the heavy bulk.  Chinchou also counters guys like Archen who can give the rest of my team a hard time, Deerling switches on, outspeeds, and one-shots Bulbasaur under sun while Ponyta can deal with the other sun sweepers.

I like it so far.  Haven't lost a game yet.

Anybody else ever try Battle Babbys?
Shoes...

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: January 12, 2015, 08:42:59 pm »

So I just wasted 40-50 ultra balls trying to catch Tornadus, of all the stupid fucking things. OR has literally been my worst Pokémon experience ever :/
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: January 12, 2015, 08:48:46 pm »

So I just wasted 40-50 ultra balls trying to catch Tornadus, of all the stupid fucking things. OR has literally been my worst Pokémon experience ever :/

haha what?

That was about the going rate in RSE for most legendaries before they introduced the "you need these to proceed" legendaries like Resh/Zek/etc.
And yes, i'm aware Tornadus isn't an RSE legendary.

Bimp!  Decided to try my hand at Little Cup (I prefer Battle Babbys but whatever) and I like it a lot.  Things seem sort of tighter and cleaner, which is a weird way to describe it but when the numbers are so low it's easier to manage them I feel like.  Also fewer big threats.  It seems like it'd be a good place to learn the ins and outs of the game with a small meta that seems to manage to not be wonky as hell like some of the lower tiers of the regular game (RU often feels like the place where the has-beens and could've-beens of OU take out their frustration on the never-weres.  Guys like Moltres and Mega Sceptile)

I'm playing around with a sun team right now with the obvious Vulpix/Bellsprout core alongside Ponyta and Deerling as secondary threats and Chinchou and Ferrothorn providing the heavy bulk.  Chinchou also counters guys like Archen who can give the rest of my team a hard time, Deerling switches on, outspeeds, and one-shots Bulbasaur under sun while Ponyta can deal with the other sun sweepers.

I like it so far.  Haven't lost a game yet.

Anybody else ever try Battle Babbys?

I can't say I have, but i managed to get Ferroseed + Eviolite functioning in UU once or twice.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: January 12, 2015, 10:22:47 pm »

RSE is pretty much why I've stuck with only buy pokeball sets w/premier balls until I've got extra poke to spend on ultra balls, Reudh. Gives me a huge pile of pokeballs to fallback on if I'm having crap luck.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: January 12, 2015, 11:29:39 pm »

Ultra balls are terrible for pokemon catching efficiency. It's only 2x more than a regular pokeball but costs 6x more.

Compare with these:

Lure Ball: 3x when fishing, 1x otherwise
Net Ball: 3× if used on a Water-type or Bug-type Pokémon, 1× otherwise
Timer Ball: Maximum 4×
Repeat Ball: 3× if used on a Pokémon that is registered in the player's Pokédex as caught, 1× otherwise
Dive Ball: 3.5× if used on a water-dwelling Pokémon, 1× otherwise
Quick Ball: 5x on first turn of battle, 1x otherwise
Dusk Ball: 3.5× if used in a cave or at night, 1× otherwise

-------

Failing all those, Aklyon is right in that you're better off spamming regular pokeballs.

Edit, also this:

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: January 12, 2015, 11:45:41 pm »

Oh man, Quick balls and Dusk balls. <3
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: January 13, 2015, 03:04:11 am »

Ultra balls are best used in fights like Kyogre in RSE (NOT ORAS, he has a different moveset) where they run the risk of Struggling due to low PP.

iirc RSE Kyogre carried Hydro Pump (5PP), Body Slam (15PP?), Ice Beam (15PP?) and I think Calm Mind, which I don't remember how much it had, maybe 30PP.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: January 13, 2015, 05:41:36 am »

I'm already souring on Little Cup.  Maybe because the pokemon are all babies, it seems like the players are too.  Had two games with people crying, one I'd be pissed about (Parahaxed an archen and killed it with fletchling) and one that was just him being an idiot.

Also a fucking ton of shitler teams, which I guess is where I start crying :3  Maybe because of the smaller meta it seems like half the teams around are dual-memento zigzagoon teams. 

Also my bellsprout has literally never had a sleep last more than one full turn.  I may as well get rid of growth and just use the sleep to 2hko because there's no point trying to set up with it.

Just saw my first two-turn sleep.  It was on the other team and it lost me the game.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 06:11:06 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: January 13, 2015, 06:53:50 pm »

I don't think there's a metagame where (at least on the start of the ladder) people aren't whiners. Once you win a few and your opponents are good enough to understand risk and reward into their strategy, the bitching lessens somewhat. (Though sometimes your Thunderbolt paralyzes three pokemon in a row, who knows.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 463