Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 15, 2012, 02:31:16 am

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.05A) [Antmen]  (Read 47294 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.02A)[Updated]
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2012, 01:54:14 am »

ok, first bug - elves have no nobles at all at Nobles screen. Looked at their entity raws, but couldn locate a way to fix.
I suppose elves need someone like dwarven expedition leader to arise and allow other nobles to be appointed. Will try just to copy whole nobles set from dwarves to elves.

Also, is there any way to cut trees without axe? The problem is not in wood collecting, but in clearing the area for constructions. Trees grow, and fill most of map.

And, I think elves should be given a way to get a bit of ores and gems. Like, say, a special plant that can spawn a randow bit of ore - globally random or random one of location-specific, if possible.

And the last crazy idea - a reaction that makes animals inteligent and able to do work. For example, to form a squad of tigers or elephants. Or make a giant mole to dig a shelter. Or whatever.
Not sure if it's possible at all...
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.03A)[Updated Again(bugfixes)]
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2012, 01:56:40 am »

Working animals will require... much caste magic... and even then may not work as planned.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2012, 01:59:57 am »

ok, first bug - elves have no nobles at all at Nobles screen. Looked at their entity raws, but couldn locate a way to fix.
I suppose elves need someone like dwarven expedition leader to arise and allow other nobles to be appointed. Will try just to copy whole nobles set from dwarves to elves.

Also, is there any way to cut trees without axe? The problem is not in wood collecting, but in clearing the area for constructions. Trees grow, and fill most of map.

And, I think elves should be given a way to get a bit of ores and gems. Like, say, a special plant that can spawn a randow bit of ore - globally random or random one of location-specific, if possible.

And the last crazy idea - a reaction that makes animals inteligent and able to do work. For example, to form a squad of tigers or elephants. Or make a giant mole to dig a shelter. Or whatever.
I'll make some kind of tree shrine which can generate 1 random bar or gem per X time. Yeah, I know the problem with the trees growing, I'm not sure how to quite work around it while keeping lore. Maybe a sacrificial tool or something? The animal idea would probably be possible through the use of castes, I'm not quite sure how you'd get them. Maybe 'summoning' them from this tree altar, not sure. Also, have you tried the growable trees yet? Does it work ok? And yeah, I'll get working on the Elves' nobles same way I did with Satyrs. Sorry about that. Thank you for posting :)  This is how stuff gets fixed :P

Edit: Damn, ninja'd by Hugo on the castes thing. Yeah, I'll add a sacrifice tool, but it wont have any attacks because it's not a weapon, its a tool. I'll release it tomorrow most likely, as well as the Tree Altar. It'll be a nice little Elven update before I go camping on friday, I wont be back untill either sunday or monday so there wont be an update in that time. But I do want to leave with the mod being playable
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 02:11:29 am by Toxicshadow »
'ere the Chias get hungry...

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2012, 02:58:45 am »

I'll make some kind of tree shrine which can generate 1 random bar or gem per X time. Yeah, I know the problem with the trees growing, I'm not sure how to quite work around it while keeping lore. Maybe a sacrificial tool or something? The animal idea would probably be possible through the use of castes, I'm not quite sure how you'd get them. Maybe 'summoning' them from this tree altar, not sure. Also, have you tried the growable trees yet? Does it work ok? And yeah, I'll get working on the Elves' nobles same way I did with Satyrs. Sorry about that. Thank you for posting :)  This is how stuff gets fixed :P

Edit: Damn, ninja'd by Hugo on the castes thing. Yeah, I'll add a sacrifice tool, but it wont have any attacks because it's not a weapon, its a tool. I'll release it tomorrow most likely, as well as the Tree Altar. It'll be a nice little Elven update before I go camping on friday, I wont be back untill either sunday or monday so there wont be an update in that time. But I do want to leave with the mod being playable
So, the basically idea is to make a special "intelligent" caste for certain animals, and make that reaction to change caste from common to intelligent, right?

Sacrificial tool or whatever you call it, but what tag makes item to used for woodcutting? if it's hardcoded for ITEM_WEAPON + SKILL:AXE then it's inavoidable weapon. Not sure if is's ok to add SKILL:AXE to anything other than ITEM_WEAPON. Wiki says nothing.

Is it possiple to make a reaction/interaction affecting trees/plants in certain area? I think I've seen something similar at Masterwork's description, but it's a fuckton of code!
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2012, 03:10:41 am »

So, the basically idea is to make a special "intelligent" caste for certain animals, and make that reaction to change caste from common to intelligent, right?

Sacrificial tool or whatever you call it, but what tag makes item to used for woodcutting? if it's hardcoded for ITEM_WEAPON + SKILL:AXE then it's inavoidable weapon. Not sure if is's ok to add SKILL:AXE to anything other than ITEM_WEAPON. Wiki says nothing.

Is it possiple to make a reaction/interaction affecting trees/plants in certain area? I think I've seen something similar at Masterwork's description, but it's a fuckton of code!
Well, I'll go look at Masterwork and see if I can find anything, I kinda wanna avoid axes as much as possible. Also, the Tree Altar is designed and set. I have the reaction for a gift. I kinda wanna add other reactions like this (Like for caged animals) but this one goes:
15 Of any plant material and 1 drink is used
85% to get 2 bars of any kind
50% to get 1 small gem (cut)
38% to get 5 stone
10% to get 2 rough gems.
This is intended to give you mostly cut gems and metal bars, but the other 2 are more like poor treats.

Actually, I'm going to rush that update for tonight because right now there's a bad bug that isn't supposed to be there yet.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 03:25:50 am by Toxicshadow »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2012, 03:28:49 am »

That would be super cool for those stomes&metals&gems to be not just random, but to be taken from biome stone layers... But I think it's impossible  :(

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2012, 03:56:27 am »

That would be super cool for those stomes&metals&gems to be not just random, but to be taken from biome stone layers... But I think it's impossible  :(
Well, I uploaded the fixed version, you should be able to now have nobles. It is rushed because I really need to go to bed, but its not completely broken. I just really needed to update it because I accidentally had Goblins playable in the previous version, yet I haven't worked on them at all.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.03.1A)
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2012, 04:13:07 am »

Good, will try it tonight

Edit: also, you've broken tags in version description =)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 04:22:17 am by peregarrett »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2012, 08:49:31 am »

Huh. Got a neat idea of sacrificing prisoners to Great Tree Guard to get a wood.

We need a tree-creature with special attack - breath or bite.
We need a syndrome that first, adds tag ITEMCORPSE to creature and, second, kills it
Volia, we sacrificed a creature for wood.

Will it work?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2012, 10:43:41 am »

Possible, but the issue maybe that  you could spamm this creature as insta-kill guards, it could be done with corpses

Resurrect + Transfrom at once

Transformed creature dies instantly due to a brain and head that melt at "1000"
This transformed creature has ITEMCORPSE which a a desired log material

This may work on elven corpses too unless there is a "NO target ELF body" but even then those transformed elf bodies will be used in coffins for burial.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2012, 02:13:20 pm »

New reports from testing
Elves lack  position of rangers commander. It's easily fixed by copying militia commander from dwarves and renaming
But serious issue- they lack quivers! So long bows are useless. Not sure if it's because of leather working being forbidden or anything else... dwarves don't have quivers at permitted items section, so I don't know how to fix it.
Also they need reaction for making wooden weapons - scimitars and such. And I guess to make them useful it'd be nice to add an enchant of hardening wooden  melee weapon - up to iron grade, maybe bronze
And curious bug - I can't plant pines. Oaks, willows, ashes and others are fine, but farms don't have option for pine. Not saying I needed them hard, though.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2012, 02:15:40 pm »

Quivers are hardcoded items no way to alter them. Other then disabling all craft labors so that you cannot use leather working.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2012, 02:17:39 pm »

Yeah, you need leather for quivers.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2012, 02:21:17 pm »

unless you make a custom reaction to make it from another material, but that is the only other way.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2012, 04:05:03 pm »

I thought you could weave cloth quivers?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19