Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1004399 times)

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #3060 on: December 02, 2012, 04:36:48 am »

in plain sight is the best place to hide things, because no one thinks to look there.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: December 02, 2012, 06:05:06 am »

At first I thought "Finland is closer to Atlantic Ocean than USA" meant that "Finland is further from the USA than from the Atlantic Ocean". Then I got what you really meant.
Yeah. That was a bit unclear.

Forgot to mention that the exchange student I talked about earlier believes that aliens have visited (or are currently on) earth, because her cousin has seem some.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: December 02, 2012, 06:18:22 am »

At first I thought "Finland is closer to Atlantic Ocean than USA" meant that "Finland is further from the USA than from the Atlantic Ocean". Then I got what you really meant.

Forgot to mention that the exchange student I talked about earlier believes that aliens have visited (or are currently on) earth, because her cousin has seem some.
To be fair, that's not a stupid statement.

Believing that your cousin has seen aliens probably is.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: December 02, 2012, 12:05:39 pm »

Indeed. I believe aliens have quite possibly visited Earth, as evidenced with the recent human obsession with 'Ancient Aliens' and all that shit,* but I don't think anyone alive today has met them.

*Has anyone else noticed how many video games/movies/tv shows have gone the Ancient Alien route? Prometheus, Assassin's Creed, The Herpaderp- er History Channel, etc?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Carric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: December 02, 2012, 01:09:19 pm »

And the person who said this thinks that I'm a fascist. He doesn't know the meaning of the word.
What did you say/do that made him claim you were a fascist?

I disagreed with the person he thought should be our district's representative. He got really annoyed.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: December 03, 2012, 01:19:20 am »

Indeed. I believe aliens have quite possibly visited Earth, as evidenced with the recent human obsession with 'Ancient Aliens' and all that shit,* but I don't think anyone alive today has met them.

*Has anyone else noticed how many video games/movies/tv shows have gone the Ancient Alien route? Prometheus, Assassin's Creed, The Herpaderp- er History Channel, etc?
Yes I have seen that. Only thing is, why visit?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: December 03, 2012, 01:22:27 am »

Why do citizens of first world countries sometimes take a holiday in the third world?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: December 03, 2012, 01:52:13 am »

Why do citizens of first world countries sometimes take a holiday in the third world?
I have no idea. Normally it's to see interesting sights, but aliens would have far more to see in the universe than Earth.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: December 03, 2012, 01:55:04 am »

It's probably the duck-billed platypus.  There can't be many weirder things in existence.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: December 03, 2012, 03:14:14 pm »

It's probably the duck-billed platypus.  There can't be many weirder things in existence.

Platypodes are the most amazing animals in existence.

A lot smaller than you would think, though.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3070 on: December 03, 2012, 03:52:31 pm »

Platypuses seems better than Platypodes.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: December 03, 2012, 03:56:28 pm »

Pretty sure the word is "platypi". It's the best word because it has pi (or pie) in it :)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: December 03, 2012, 04:05:30 pm »

I suggest the name Duckpigweasels to avoid future confusion.
This is a blank sig.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: December 03, 2012, 04:07:46 pm »

*Ahem*, obvious joke here (sorry in advance):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 04:56:54 pm by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: December 03, 2012, 04:13:43 pm »

Obvious answer: We're a trendy location for rich hipster aliens to spend a couple of years so they can impress the three-breasted space babes when they get back home. They can talk about all the good work they did uplifting us poor humans and devising intricate secret plans to safeguard us against threats we're too primitive to understand, when really they just spent their time mutilating cows and administering anal probes.

So, not that different than the Peace Corps.

j/k  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 510