Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1004227 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #6210 on: September 08, 2013, 05:16:25 pm »

One of the Decs stated they didn't want to add Jews to the Old Gods expansions (as Khazars) as that would just be half-assing Jews (aka, not the courtier thing). Don't have a link to the quote though, and I don't think it was someone high up like Johan.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: September 08, 2013, 07:28:30 pm »

I've never played the game, but I'm assuming there's some degree of financial management, in which case Jewishness is an underlying game mechanic.
That wasn't funny.
Wrong: it was a funny joke playing on society's preconceptions on race and/or religion.

Anyhow, I think it's much more reasonable to assume that paradox is staffed entirely by neo-nazis. In which case, it must be best to play Germany in HoI.

</badjoke>

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6212 on: September 08, 2013, 07:40:20 pm »

Well, if Paradox can completely remove all Nazi symbols from Hearts of Iron 3 and be historically inaccurate just so they don't offend someone somewhere (or so they can avoid a ban in Germany) then what's stopping them from omitting Jews? There's no Jews in any Total War game either.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: September 08, 2013, 08:20:12 pm »

Well, if Paradox can completely remove all Nazi symbols from Hearts of Iron 3 and be historically inaccurate just so they don't offend someone somewhere (or so they can avoid a ban in Germany) then what's stopping them from omitting Jews? There's no Jews in any Total War game either.

Medieval: Total War Uno had Judaism as one of the religions in the game. They didn't really do anything besides being really hard to convert though. I think I know the point you're trying to make though.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: September 09, 2013, 12:28:54 am »

All I know is that the Paradox team seems to have this bizarre obstinance against Jews that is applied to no other historical group, and I find that concerning.
The Sikhs and Romani are two historical groups that got a similar treatment, imo.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: September 09, 2013, 03:25:37 am »

first they pointed out how horrible, racist and eurocentric it was to not make a subsaharan nation as strong as france

now there's a debate concerning why jews should be implemented everywhere (let's not forget the point paradox decided they're not doing such things was hearts of iron)

why do you dislike their works so but just keep playing and raging about them i mean fucking ea is less bashed

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: September 09, 2013, 04:40:26 am »

first they pointed out how horrible, racist and eurocentric it was to not make a subsaharan nation as strong as france
How in Satan's glorious name did they twist the rules of logic and common sense to make that a valid statement?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: September 09, 2013, 10:49:54 am »

Many liars here guys, so I just want to tell you all the truth. Norway is like a state, just like New Orleans and Wisconsin in the USA. Norway is the third largest state in Sweden, with 1,2 million people. I was born and raised there before me and my family (my fathers from NY) moved back to the USA. PLEASE thumbs up so everyone can see this post.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: September 09, 2013, 10:55:22 am »

can't tell if swedish nationalist or direct product of no education or just troll

does sweden even have nationalists, you'd think they are all jailed because nationalism = anti-immigration = racist/nazi in these books

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: September 09, 2013, 10:56:48 am »

They do indeed have nationalists. Of course, one must admit that once upon a time Norway was rather like a state (in the same way that my own country is), he's just about 100 years out of date.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: September 09, 2013, 11:16:46 am »

I've also seen people say things like that about Canada and the US, that we're the "52nd state", because of the close relationship and the feeling that we're subsumed under them and not considered a separate country.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6221 on: September 09, 2013, 11:21:17 am »

How many Americans have actually visited Canada?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: September 09, 2013, 11:39:21 am »

I've also seen people say things like that about Canada and the US, that we're the "52nd state", because of the close relationship and the feeling that we're subsumed under them and not considered a separate country.
That's like saying New Zealand is part of Australia; complete gobshite.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: September 09, 2013, 11:40:10 am »

New Zealand is small Australia, while Canada is nice America. There's a difference ;)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: September 09, 2013, 11:41:51 am »

New Zealand is small Australia, while Canada is nice America. There's a difference ;)
I'm a bit unclear, does everything in NZ want you dead as well?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 510