Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 449729 times)

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #270 on: August 13, 2013, 08:12:02 am »

EU4 is out for me.

See you guys in about... 3 days.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 13, 2013, 08:12:37 am »

For some reason I got CK2 with the converter on steam even though I pre-ordered on gamersgate, welp no sunset invasion for me. 

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 13, 2013, 08:34:44 am »

Release is in a few hours. Anyone want to bet how bug infested the release version of the game will be? :P
Ckii wasn't and EUiv won't be either.
Have you suffered a selective amnesia? The only way in which CKII 1.00 wasn't buggy was that it didn't crash very often- if it was any more raw, it would have crawled away. It only really got playable by v1.02.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 13, 2013, 09:13:03 am »

I remember it being nearly impossible to play multiplayer on ck2 when it was released. Constant out of sync messages.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 13, 2013, 09:21:52 am »

So the converter is out - anyone have cool saves they'd want to hand over? I kinda accidentally overwrote the save I was supposed to convert. Yaaay.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 13, 2013, 09:37:38 am »

Release is in a few hours. Anyone want to bet how bug infested the release version of the game will be? :P
Ckii wasn't and EUiv won't be either.
Have you suffered a selective amnesia? The only way in which CKII 1.00 wasn't buggy was that it didn't crash very often- if it was any more raw, it would have crawled away. It only really got playable by v1.02.

Currently the game is quite stable and working, actually.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 13, 2013, 09:39:32 am »

So the converter is out - anyone have cool saves they'd want to hand over? I kinda accidentally overwrote the save I was supposed to convert. Yaaay.
Do you want the save file to convert or the already-converted file for EUIV?

EDIT: place this in "Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\eu4_export\mod"
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 09:44:28 am by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 13, 2013, 09:45:07 am »

Currently the game is quite stable and working, actually.
Good on them. I'm still waiting for the prices to drop to buy it, because I'm cheap (and from a poor-ish country.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 13, 2013, 10:02:00 am »

My first impression is there is just way too many countries lacking unique ideas. Would it really be that hard to make some kind of blanket culture national ideas instead of 70% of the world sharing that god awful standard one?
For this this makes the choice of countries extremely limited since I'd rather be playing with countries that do have the interesting national ideas. I suppose mods will have to fix it, sigh.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 13, 2013, 10:33:25 am »

Hey has any one else converted a saved game yet? I did and its broken very very, broken. every continent is shifted to the other side of the world form where it appears, does anyone else have this problem.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 13, 2013, 10:38:17 am »

$10 for a save game converter that's usually been made by modders. No thanks.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 13, 2013, 10:48:45 am »

Hey has any one else converted a saved game yet? I did and its broken very very, broken. every continent is shifted to the other side of the world form where it appears, does anyone else have this problem.
I converted, no problems. Were you using any mods?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 13, 2013, 11:06:17 am »

No the same thing is going on in just a normal game, I'll reinstall and if that doesn't work I'll report it and wait for the next patch.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 13, 2013, 11:10:57 am »

If anyone wants to see some gameplay, then I offer my youtube channel up for a game in India

here

Granted, you can barely hear me over the background audio, but you can (sorta) enjoy it.

(yeah, I know this is shameless advertisement)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 11:15:04 am by bulborbish »

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #284 on: August 13, 2013, 12:33:48 pm »

So, that was really strange. Steam thought EU4 was only 179 MB. I didn't really question it this morning when I woke up just to start the download and then go back to sleep. I tried to play it when I got up and it told me there was no executable. I checked the folder in Steam and all that was there was the redistributable stuff (.NET, Visual C++) and the DLC.

Restarted Steam and it worked just fine, though, but now instead of having a game I can play right when I wake up, I have to wait a couple hours or so. I hope I only have to wait a couple hours.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 216